Tarja's solo album: My Winter Storm

Supposedly Tarja wrote the album:OMG: If this is the example of her songwriting skills she should go the way of Vibeke Steen and become a teacher. Her career is going to go the way of National Airlines......defunct!

The headstone inscription: "Here lies the career of Tarja Soile Susanna Turunen-Cabuli. 1996-2007. Here lies a woman who never understood that the same people you meet going up are the same people you run into going down. May her career rest in pieces." :rolleyes:

Can I just say I really can't hear the To-Mera thing. At all?

To-Mera are far more interesting and progressive than that. Alright. it's not as if La Turunen has forgotten how to sing overnight but the song was so boring. Seriously dull. Eurovision dull and not in a good way.

I bought their album (To-mera's I mean) earlier in the year and while I'm not an expert on the band I liked it a lot. Julie's got some serious pipes. If only Tarja HAD joined a band of that calibre instead of coming out with 'I walk alone'!

Afaik, these guys of Vacuum wrote 7 or 8 songs for Tarja's new album.

Mmm... We got Anette in Nw... now, are those Swedes to involve everywhere these days :zombie: :p

-j/k-

Afaik, these guys of Vacuum wrote 7 or 8 songs for Tarja's new album.

Mmm... We got Anette in Nw... now, are those Swedes to involve everywhere these days :zombie: :p

-j/k-

:loco: you are so right !! the swedes are doing the old viking thing again !!! so watch out ! :) :) :) you are so close to them. :lol::lol:
but anyway, thanks for the vacuum link. You opened my eyes. ! :):)
now i know why the tarja album is out of any pressure.
It´s really, really sad.

Well C, i stand by everything i've said about the song, but unfortunately due to certain issues you are one of the only people who hasn't been able to see the video. If you saw it, you would be on board with the bitchfest like the rest of us hehe.

Oh, I wasn't even talking about the video.

I saw still photos of the video shoot at SC, so I already know a lot of what you guys are complaining about. She looked horrid in some of those pics!

Then again, from how it sounds, I don't think I'd want to see it. I know too well how a crappy video can ruin a good song for a person, and I like the song enough that I don't really want that.

Am I the only one who actually likes Tarja's new song?

Honestly, I do. It's not bad.

And am I the only one who seems to not follow the rule that in order to enjoy Tarja's music, you must be a Tarjaholic? (Which I am the farthest thing from, as everyone knows.)

I'm with you, C. I like it. I mean, it isn't giving me goosebumps or anything but neither is DPP ::shrugs::But I like it well enough, it's certainly pretty.

I wish Snowy wouldn't mince words :lol:

Here's the cover to her album...looks nice, she doesn't seem scary in that shot ;)

74911.jpg

Snowy, save your firepower to her husband/MANAGER. It was him who the band, the band's real management (aka King Foo) and record label(s) wanted to get rid of from twisting everybodys' arms in the name of Tarja. There is enough told in the Finnish version of Mape's book and now add the rest by reading the lyrics and listening to Master Passion Greed. You'll know what it was about and you can feel the righteous fury in Marcos singing. Bye Bye Beautiful for Tarja isn't furious at all, only bittersweet farewell. Because of their marital status and the legal signed contract between them, both had to go with a single bootswing. Pity.

But hey, it's past and over. Better look ahead and be happy with what we've got coming up. :)

Exactly. I mean, I'll never fork over another American dollar to Tarja again, but it's more out of principle than bitterness. Nightwish has moved on, they have a singer now that they appear to get along well with and that many fans seem to love. Tarja is doing her thing that her fans seem to love. Whatever. Live and let live. Life's too short to be bitter about things.

Playing Dark Passion Play at max volume helps too! It gives me a chance to clear out all those feelings against Mr. and Mrs. Cabuli. I have lots of pent up anger inside me from that whole incident.

Now you can pre-listen My Winter Storm (promo with voiceovers) at BW&BK website

One more track added every day until the release day Nov 20th

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 at 16:18:11 EST

TARJA TURUNEN is about to launch her new album, My Winter Storm, via Universal Music on November 19th in Europe and the 20th in North America. This is her first solo venture following the much-publicized split with her former band NIGHTWISH. BW&BK is exclusively presenting her entire new album - one day at a time! We will be previewing each track from My Winter Storm over the next 14 days.

Just click on the link under Brave Tunes (left-hand-side of BraveWords.com) to hear today's track.

I was kind of positively surprised when I heard these full versions. They are more metallish than I'd ever thought she would be willing to make her music sound, and there is nothing wrong with her awesome classical voice either. Musicwise we seem to have a win-win situation with Nw and Tarja doing their music the way they want.

Not bad at all! :headbang:

I'm considering whether to head out to her London gig in December. While I'm rather surprised that the tickets are going for £22.50 which is more than Nightwish are charging for their gig and due to money woes I missed out on Sonata yesterday( which I am GUTTED about. ):cry:
I'm still thinking about it. Has anyone heard any more of her stuff and is it better than 'I walk alone'?