The best floating trem ?

Plendakor

Oct 30, 2010
The only floating trem I have is an Edge Pro II. It's like vomit of piss and shit.
I pretty much only played with a Floyd Rose in stores, which is lightyears beyond the Ibanez EP2, but is just a Floyd Rose...

My favourite one is still a Fender type of bridge with a 3/64 offset from the body. A big part of it is the saddles... I just love how simple and effective is a standard bridge... you set your radius/height/intonation with a great precison and a child could do it.

What's on the Ernie Ball looks like the type of thing I'd like. Is it exclusive to them ?

That's gonna be a determining factor when I'll buy a new guitar so I need your input/experience.

Evertune is working on a floating trem but won't be ready till next year (what they told me last year).

While we're at it.. I'm currently changing my strings. Just made an adjustment with how I tune after restringing on a floating trem. I use a woodblock, of course, but now instead of tuning from E to e, I'll build the tuning while trying to maintain an equal tension on both sides of the trem and will go with this sequence:

E, e, A, b, g, D

Maybe I'm dumb and some of you already to that. Again, your input ?

For a 10-46 set
String/Tension (Lbs/Kg)
PL010 16.220 7.360
PL013 15.390 6.980
PL017 16.580 7.520
NW026 18.380 8.340
NW036 19.040 8.640
NW046 16.910 7.670

EP2's really suck since the adjustment screws are UNDER the string nearly right at the saddle. Blows my mind how bad that design is.

That's the only floating trem I've had since 2004.
...shouldof bought a pro guit when it was the right time :lol:

I like my original Edge. Even though it's 15 years old, it's waaaaay more stable and takes abuse so much better than my guitarist's American Deluxe Strat, my old S470 with the ZR trem, and hell of a lot better than my old DXMG with the crappy Jackson JT580.

The ZR was much easier to setup, though.