The Station - W. Warwick, Rhode Island (10/31/00)

S

Saxon1inMass

I drove two hours to see the show and was it ever worth it! U.D.O. had a very short set (maybe 40 minutes) but started the place rocking! Even though there were probably not even 100 fans, Saxon brought them all to their feet when they hit the stage at 10:45. Two hours later - yes TWO hours later - I had witnessed my favorite concert of all time! Too many songs to list them all, but old, new and in between were included. Metalhead, Song of Evil, Wheels of Steel, Denim and Leather, Dogs of War, and on and on...

Before the show I even got to meet Doug and Nibbs! When I first saw Nibbs, I just wanted to say hi and get a quick autograph, but he was a great guy! He gladly chatted with me for 15 minutes about everthing from Saxon touring to our families musical tastes.

Saxon have been my favorite band for 20 years, and even though the current music scene in the U.S. is somewhat of a joke, it is nice to know there really are still bands out there who believe the music and their fans come first! If you get a chance to see a Saxon show, don't miss it!!!

I was there too, right in the front. Excellent show and an awesome set, meeting the guys before hand added to a night I had waited a long time for.

Steve
(Wheels-Of-Steel@egroups.com)