the ultimate poster that should be on every engineers Door.

lost a 421 sunday

*doink* clipped the input and blew a tweeter too

fucking drummers

Add it to their bill. 421's aren't cheap. I make a point of explaining during setup: "These are significantly more money than an sm57. You hit it, you bought it." Mine are in spectacular condition. Wonder why.

advise taken.

it was an old school grey one two. It pulled the tuchel out of the end and broke pin 3 loose. I think I can fix it.
Which reminds me of another poster idea.

"wanna be an engineer? Better learn to solder"

You know what pisses me off though? I replaced it with a 58 and the fucking thing sounded perfect

right does any one have software that will make me able to create A1 posters? because we have a lot of stuff here!!! i'm proberly being dumb and you can probs do it in most softwares but i dont own photoshop lol
i'll ask a mate lol

if any one else could help, that would be wicked!

We actually typed up a whole page of shit, and tell every band that they need to read it before they record. They say that they read it, but there has yet to be a band that has comprehended any of it.

Thats nothing... After doing ~400 more than shitty gigs as a live house engineer, some idiots really pissed me off so much that I wrote a 6 page essay on "how to prepare for gigging 101". After a few modifications it was published last april on a musiczine that I write to :) http://www.noise.fi/artikkelit/index.php?id=70 (sorry, in Finnish only)

...and the worst part is that even more named bands still don't get some of that shit (I mean, like "come and start at time when you were supposed to", "bring backup gear and cables with you" etc)

edit:
right does any one have software that will make me able to create A1 posters?

How about splitting the image to eight A4s?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_216
250px-A_size_illustration2.svg.png

A0 = 2 * A1
A1 = 2 * A2
A2 = 2 * A3
A3 = 2 * A4
A4 = 2 * A5

A
"The reason you're not getting a heavy-as-fuck rhythm tone is because you're tuned to a drop C & playing .09 gauge strings."
lol I've actually heard a recording of a local band where one of the guitarists was like this. I could hear the strings flapping about when he played... :puke:

"Get that fucking Ibanez out of here!"
How about an Ibanez that costs £1000 with a mahogany body and Dimarzio pickups?

"I don't care how much you paid for your Line 6 Spider. It sucks & we're not using it."
I'm recording a band soon and one of the guitarists really likes his sound that he is getting from his Line 6 spider and says he wants to use that. The other guitarist is being smart and will be using my peavey 6505+

"Sure I can punch in every three seconds of your solo. It'll still suck live though. But one of us is supposed to have "lightning fast" fingers, and it sure as fuck ain't me."
Pure gold.

Heres what the poster should say "Replace Fu%Kin Drum KIT Skins"
"Replace Your Strings"
"Don't Blow Into The Mics"
Other Wise I will Feed You To The Bull Mastiff

How about an Ibanez that costs £1000 with a mahogany body and Dimarzio pickups?

For solos, sure. But for rhythms, forget it. Not unless it has a solid bridge & EMGs. That's how things work around my place, anyway. Ignore at your own risk. An Ibanez that costs 1000 pounds in the UK will only cost about $600 in North America, and those are the ones I hate.

I'm recording a band soon and one of the guitarists really likes his sound that he is getting from his Line 6 spider and says he wants to use that. The other guitarist is being smart and will be using my peavey 6505+
Take a dry track from the first guitar player, & reamp it behind his back. Do this because he's not seasoned enough to know what good sound is. He "likes" his sound because of two reasons: 1) he paid money for his spider. 2)Anything else will hurt his pride.

My advice: fuck his pride. Do what works for the record.

-0z-