Wacken

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean-intense

Voice of INTENSE
Sep 9, 2002
UK
www.intense-uk.com
What a f**kin great weekend music wise... Sonata performed superbly but were on way too early for them and for me... Within Temptation did really well though the crowd were a little flat mainly because we were drenched... Metal Church were better than last time i saw 'em but still didn't quite light the touchpaper... Edguy were pretty cool though the singer had an unhealthy interest in climbing the scaffold towers at the side of the stage.. he just kept doing it :D very entertaining though and the latter half of their set particularly impressed me...
Sat got there in time to check out Ady in DF and though they still aren't my cup of tea music wise, hats off the them, all the shows they've had have made them pretty tight and excellent on stage... (about 2 years since i last saw em) Sound was a little dodgy but they had a superb crowd.. and it was nice catching up with Ady backstage and at the airport...
Hammerfall were band of the day for me... they rocked majorly and Steve and i had a great sing song whilst watching them... :) .. my Birthday drink back at the hotel got cancelled whilst i had to wait for a "certain person" suffering a 2 hour set by Accept (not a big fan) so i f**ked off and went to hang out with my mate Errol and just about every Irish person at Wacken watching Primordial... i've never seen them before but quite impressed and i may have to check em out on CD.

Despite a few negatives, Wacken ruled and i no doubt shall be there next year... :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.