Watch SLASH Perform LED ZEPPELIN, THE BEATLES Covers At 'Celebrating Willie Basse' Event In...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Slash performed at "Celebrating Willie Basse: A Night Of Music & Stories" on December 14 at Boardner's in Hollywood, California. The GUNS N' ROSES guitarist played three songs at the invite-only event, including covers of THE BEATLES' "Come Together" and LED ZEPPELIN's "Whole Lotta Love". Basse died in October after a long battle with cancer. He was 62 years old. Basse is best known for his role as bassist/frontman for legendary metalheads BLACK SHEEP, who were mainstays on the Los Angeles Sunset Strip during the '80s metal explosion. The band has boasted members that included Slash, Paul Gilbert (MR. BIG), James Kottak (SCORPIONS, KINGDOM COME), Randy Castillo (OZZY OSBOURNE, MÖTLEY CRÜE), Kurt James and Mitch Perry. The Texan-born musician had lived in the greater Los Angeles since the mid-'70s. In a post on Instagram shortly after Basse's death, Slash wrote: "RIP to my good friend #WillieBasse I/we will miss you buddy"

Thank You, Scoonie Gee, for helping organize, for mc-ing, singing, hosting the WILLIE BASSE Celebration Of Life event last night at Boardner’s in Hollywood... it was a great and intimate comfortable array of FAMILY, friends, musicians... all there to pay tribute to our good friend... It was MOST AWESOME to witness the legendary ALVIN TAYLOR ( my fiancé Ukulele Ray’s drummer, who also played with George Harrison, Elton John , & hundreds more) perform with SLASH at this memorial! And ?Renee Casanova singing some ZEPPELIN with SLASH & ALVIN! Plus the teen-ager who ROCKED that axe...❤️?... nIte was a great send-off for our dear friend WILLIE BASSE ... it was a GREAT PLEASURE to meet Willie’s beautiful daughter, Amber Rice-Horvath, & members of the family. THANK YOU FOR ORGANIZING THIS FANTASTIC MEMORIAL...God Bless ! R.I.P. WILLIE BASSE ( Waych this entire video... SLASH plays 3 tunes) #slash #alvintaylor #williebasse #hollywood #rockermemorial #kidsrock #scooniegee #tesyward #boardners #vickihamilton #amberricehorvath #therockinrag #rocknrolivia

Posted by Olivia Tosic on Saturday, December 15, 2018​
williebassecelebratingdec2018poster.jpg

Continue reading...