What's your first memory...

Artizan

Dec 5, 2009
What's your first memory of hearing heavy metal?

When I was six, the "Easter Bunny" left me a LP of Kiss 'Destroyer'
in my Easter basket. My life was changed! LOL I still have it!

Yes, Kiss was considered heavy metal back then.

Gotta love the Easter bunny! ;)

For me... Led Zeppelin. Then I got into some power/prog metal (Theocracy, Symphony X, Harmony, Dragonforce [only certain songs lol] and stuff like that). Now I like all sorts of metal. \m/

Just checked out the Artizan tunes = pretty good! You can thank Ryan M for me stumbling in here. I was checking my regular Ultimate Metal forums (Anthrax, Avian, and Theocracy) and while moving through the A's, I noticed Ryan M's name for the most recent post in your forum (that guy's the most prolific poster in the Theocracy forum, and probably every other forum he frequents :D). Anyway, I like Fire in particular - there are some real inspired musical moments in it.

To the question at hand, it's actually KISS Destroyer for me, too! When I was 8 or so, I was always listening to my older brothers' records (most of it your standard 70s rock - Journey, REO, Styx, Nazareth, etc) and one of them passed Destroyer on to me. Thus began this weird and heavy musical journey for me :Spin:

Nice!! Ya, I would trace that Kiss 'Destroyer' album cover when I was at school.
I carried that album everywhere; actually a cool cover!

Thanks for the comment about our song 'Fire'.

If you can get over to Marietta, Ga on Saturday October 30th you will see us play it at 'The Local Venue' :devil:

Ty

Ha, I wish I could! I'm way up in Minnesota :cool:

I still contend these are two of the greatest album covers ever:

200px-Kiss_destroyer_album_cover.jpg

Rock_and_roll_over_cover.jpg

Even though I had heard various hard rock bands previously(including the afore mentioned Kiss), my first real memory of hearing a heavy metal record was sitting in my friend Paul's living room with another friend listening to the first Van Halen album in the summer of 1978. I was so blown away that I went home later that afternoon and pestered my mom for my copy. It did not arrive until it showed up under the Christmas tree that year, and the format was 8-TRACK!:OMG::lol:

Even though I had heard various hard rock bands previously(including the afore mentioned Kiss), my first real memory of hearing a heavy metal record was sitting in my friend Paul's living room with another friend listening to the first Van Halen album in the summer of 1978. I was so blown away that I went home later that afternoon and pestered my mom for my copy. It did not arrive until it showed up under the Christmas tree that year, and the format was 8-TRACK!:OMG::lol:

Haha...that is great!! Love it!