WILD DOGS - Reign Of Terror

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
Well, just had an awesome phone call with Michael Furlong and if all goes as planned everyone can expect a WILD DOGS - Reign Of Terror reissue on Divebomb in early 2015.

Fully remastered audio by Jamie King. Michael Furlong and Jeff Mark with both be participating in a brand new interview to set the record straight on the writing and recording of this US Power Metal classic.

Stay tuned....

YES!

Thanks a ton! I really want this to happen because all previous editions were really inferior.

As far as bonus tracks go - there is a whole unreleased album from that period so maybe release it on a second CD/as bonus track with this masterpiece? It would be really awesome.

YES!

Thanks a ton! I really want this to happen because all previous editions were really inferior.

As far as bonus tracks go - there is a whole unreleased album from that period so maybe release it on a second CD/as bonus track with this masterpiece? It would be really awesome.

I agree, I actually own one of those inferior editions. Despite the market being flooded with them I still think fans will toss those old editions and pick this one up since our quality of work has been proven in the past and will be no different for this reissue.

The unreleased album is only in demo form. The previous inferior editions simply had a terrible cassette rip of some those demos. We were actually talking about remixing the demos and giving the album a proper release rather than simply using the tracks as bonus content, but nothing is set in stone. However, it is my goal to get it released in some form eventually.

There is also a live concert video of a rare performance from this era that we may include in some form as well as the bonus content.

I agree, I actually own one of those inferior editions. Despite the market being flooded with them I still think fans will toss those old editions and pick this one up since our quality of work has been proven in the past and will be no different for this reissue.

The unreleased album is only in demo form. The previous inferior editions simply had a terrible cassette rip of some those demos. We were actually talking about remixing the demos and giving the album a proper release rather than simply using the tracks as bonus content, but nothing is set in stone. However, it is my goal to get it released in some form eventually.

There is also a live concert video of a rare performance from this era that we may include in some form as well as the bonus content.

Agreed. The Northwinds editions were fairly decent and only ones worth picking up until now. The unreleased album presented on that edition did not sound half bad. Not as bad as some demos sound anyway.

It would be awesome to get this unreleased record re-relased as it is, at times, almost as good as Reign Of Terror. A 2CD package with a remixed and remastered second disc would be awesome.

This is indeed fantastic news! I know the Divebomb edition will be the best treatment this cd has ever had.:headbang:

Agreed. The Northwinds editions were fairly decent and only ones worth picking up until now. The unreleased album presented on that edition did not sound half bad. Not as bad as some demos sound anyway.

It would be awesome to get this unreleased record re-relased as it is, at times, almost as good as Reign Of Terror. A 2CD package with a remixed and remastered second disc would be awesome.

Yes, the Northwinds was not available to us here in the USA unfortunately but from pictures I have seen online, it looks much better than ones we had access too.

this is what my US Metal edition looks like. please note the clip art style of the changed logo and the image on the back is pixelated and blurry. more clip art of band logo and cd title across the top. US Metal has definitely changed it's design over the years as I have seen a new edition circulating.

wd1.jpg

wd2.jpg

The unreleased album is up to the band and they may not want to simply include them as "bonus tracks" like US Metal did considering it was a full length they were in the process of working on. The other thing to remember is when we say things like "remix" it isn't necessarily about changing anything. There are other factors involved for instance, things like the original 2 track master recordings being lost and only multi-track session reels existing, therefore the session technically has to be remixed to be released again.

That was the case for the ARCANE demos. Their drummer remixed it all faithfully, but instead of releasing 4th generation cassette dubs we opted for a fresh start that sounds great.

But again, the inclusion of any bonus content is completely up to the band. If they would like to see their unreleased album be given the respect of it's own release then I will honor that for them as a band.

Great news, especially unreleased material which is the best from the band.

Northwind editions are crap. I have debut and it sounds shit. It has been sourced from awful tapes with some songs sound different than others. Avoid, if you find them, but thankfully these are scarce nowadays. Albums should be re-released properly.

The US Metal issue just simply SUCKS ASS!!!! It is merely one of those cases were some dude was taking advantage of the fans and producing shitty product just to make a couple of dollars.
I too have the US Metal and it is great to know there is going to be something better.
Think Matt McCourt(US Metal) should refund us all for the crap that we bought that he put out.

The unreleased album is up to the band and they may not want to simply include them as "bonus tracks" like US Metal did considering it was a full length they were in the process of working on. The other thing to remember is when we say things like "remix" it isn't necessarily about changing anything. There are other factors involved for instance, things like the original 2 track master recordings being lost and only multi-track session reels existing, therefore the session technically has to be remixed to be released again.

That was the case for the ARCANE demos. Their drummer remixed it all faithfully, but instead of releasing 4th generation cassette dubs we opted for a fresh start that sounds great.

But again, the inclusion of any bonus content is completely up to the band. If they would like to see their unreleased album be given the respect of it's own release then I will honor that for them as a band.

Could you ask the guys or press them to release the unreleased tracks, because it would be a real shame if these were to remain unreleased. These are the best songs they have ever done.

Could you ask the guys or press them to release the unreleased tracks, because it would be a real shame if these were to remain unreleased. These are the best songs they have ever done.

The plans are to hand over the original session tapes to Jamie King to properly mix the final demos and release them as their own album down the line. They will not be bonus tracks on this reissue because the band and myself do not feel they should be treated as "supplemental" materials for Reign Of Terror.

The versions included on US Metal version are from bad cassette dubs, but Michael and Jeff have the original recording sessions.

had a great convo with Jeff last night. For those wanting bonus tracks it is looking like we might be including the "Dead To The World" 3 song demo. The rest they want to work into a proper album to release. Even discussing bringing Deen into re-track all the drums. not confirmed, just ideas being tossed around. But progress is being made. Hope to have released by early summer. GET READY!

And for the record this will be first official version issued.

I have just found out that Danny Curth has died in October :(. Future WD reissues should be a tribute to him. After Victor Agnello from Laaz Rockit, another untimely death

R.I.P.