X-mass Festivals 2002

Originally posted by Mocika
his nose just started to bleed... nobody hurted him, he was standing alone when it happened.. maybe he is just too old now to headbang :lol:

:tickled: even better!! :loco:

hm.. actually for me it was better to go to the Planet now... i could wait in the hall till my things were done :)
that's an argument, at PM it's much warmer than at the Arena. But still, I'd rather wear one layer more in the Arena than going to a heated Planet M. *ranting* ;) it's the atmosphere that makes me like the Arena more...

SFU also kicked ass to that night. I dont think i need to say anything about Chris Barnes.. his voice is incredible...
deeper voice is impossible... :OMG: I wonder if that's his "real sung" voice or if he uses some device too (heard both rumors)

I was in Pratteln on Monday and I think it was great! My favorite bands were Hate Eternal (hell yeah!!!), Kataklysm and Immolation. I was dissappointed from Impaled Nazarene, their gig was pretty boring... Most fan action here got Kataklysm and Hate Eternal. Marduk were funny, nothing more, and I had to left after the first Marduk song anyway :D I'm already looking forward to the No Mercy Festivals 2003 ;)

Yeah possible, I think that it is because they make the most "headbang-compatible" sound. Besides that, their newest album "Shadows & Dust" is a real killer if you ask me.

just a few Kataklysm pic here:

kataklysm33.jpg

kataklysm39.jpg

kataklysm42.jpg

kataklysm44.jpg

kataklysm48.jpg

more to come...

HYPOCRISY, DESTRUCTION, VADER, NILE, DEW-SCENTED, MISERY INDEX, DISBELIEF and one other as-yet-unannounced act will team up for the X-Mass Fest 2003 European tour, set to take place Dec. 7-21.

Confirmed dates are as follows:

Dec. 07 – London, UK - Mean Fiddler
Dec. 08 – Paris, FRA - La Locomotive
Dec. 09 – Essen, GER - Zeche Carl
Dec. 10 – Osnabruck, GER - Hyde Park
Dec. 11 – Berlin, GER - Columbia Halle Fritz
Dec. 12 – Engelsdorf, GER - Hellraiser
Dec. 13 – Wels, AUT - Schlachthof
Dec. 14 – Vienna, AUT - Arena
Dec. 15 – Milano, ITA - Alcatraz
Dec. 16 – Pratteln, SWI - Z7
Dec. 17 – Ludwigsburg, GER - Rockfabrik
Dec. 18 – Munchen, GER - Elzer Halle
Dec. 19 – Strasbourg, FRA - La Laiterie
Dec. 20 – Antwerpen, BEL - Hof Ter Loo*
Dec. 21 – Tilburg, NETH – 013**

* w/ FINNTROLL + 3 more bands TBA
** w/ FINNTROLL + 4 bands TBA

yeah i was, but i was in Wels this year (was a saturday). it was probably the last time that a metal-event took place at the Schl8hof - you know the old story punks vs. metal-fans :bah: and the Schl8hof is owned by those, just like the Arena in vienna.....
and since i havn't been to the Schlachthof before ( haha, I most definitely have never been to a slaughterhouse before :loco: ), i went there.

the first band Misery Index kicked seriously ass :eek:
then Graveworm were celebrated by the whole crowd, especially by the horny guys in the first 10 rows ... i never knew a keyboard would attract so many males.... :heh:
Dew Scented were godd too - i have never seen a bad Dew Scented gig anyway =)
well and then Amon Amarth rocked the whole house (yeah, the w h o l e house was moving).
Nile are basically not my thing, so i can neither say something good nor bad about them...

and then.... Destruction were to play.

and they did.

but i didn't see or hear them :lol: i sat down for a break and .... nodded off :Spin: i was not drunk, i just nodded off.
thus i didn't hear or see Deicide either :loco: (I'm wearing earplugs too at such big events)

@moci: have you been to a x-mas gig somewhere?

no, this year i could not make it to see any of the festival dates... so i really looked forward your review ;) i had the chance to see Nile and Amon Amarth twice this year and i saw Deicide as well .... wasnt too interested in the other bands :p
but why did u go to Wels to see it? any pics ... about u *nodding off*? :D

:lol: nah, fortunately there's no evidence of my nodding off

i went to wels because it was on a saturday. in vienna it would have been on sunday and on monday i had to go to work. also, the Schlachthof in wels is most probably not going to be open for metal-gigs anymore (owned by punks, like the viennese arena, and those think metal-fans are nazis and/or brutal idiots :rolleyes: well some bands contribute to such clichees, like deicide and marduk.... both bands are not allowed to play in the arena - vienna - anymore because of some incidences that occured between these bands and the arena-staff *sigh* )

here are pics from the show in vienna: http://www.earshot.at/ecards/photoalbum.php4?photoalbum=main&album_id=329

here from wels: http://www.photopit.com

(i decided to not take my own cam with me anywhere anymore cos others do much better pics :D )