Thread: New Album
View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2012, 03:57 PM   #39 (permalink)
FlawedCoil82

Very odd that you picked some of their most underwhelming material (at least to me) for choices. Apart from possibly 'Passing Bird' I can't say any of the other songs you named would make it onto my "Top 50 Katatonia Songs" list (and thats even completetely disregarding their DODS/BMD era). For a Jonas solo album, I would rather see him take either a more lighter (perhaps even acoustic/piano) path along the lines of 'Idle Blood' and 'A Darkness Coming' or else material along the lines of 'Unfurl', 'Sold Heart', 'Departer' and 'Inheritance'. But that's just me. For the new Katatonia album, I definitely want more brooding/distorted guitars.
Within Temptation, Flaw, Tool, Lacuna Coil, The Panic Division, Breaking Benjamin, Katatonia, Red, Evans Blue, A Perfect Circle, Lunatica, Metallica, Evanescence, Silverchair ('94-'01), Bush, Autumn, Stone Temple Pilots, Fair To Midland, Leaves' Eyes, Novus Dae, Cyrenic, Goo Goo Dolls, Type O Negative, Cold, Staind, Era For A Moment, The Birthday Massacre, Absolution Project, Delain, Atomship, 3 Doors Down, Lifehouse, Creed, Linkin Park, 10 Years, Brave, The Smashing Pumpkins and tons more.

Last edited by FlawedCoil82 : April 1st, 2012 at 12:42 AM.