View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #217 (permalink)
Reverend Su

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizrider View Post
I bang my head against a wall on this topic. I LIVE IN ATLANTA!!! I love this music... and then I realize that all of my friends who ALSO love this music already know about PPUSA...

I guess I could start trolling Guitar Center and wait for someone to start some shredding on a Flying V, or starts some sweep arpeggios, and then strike up a conversation - Hmm... that could work until I get kicked out for being the creepy stalker dude.

I am hardly the hardest core metal fan, but ProgPower is so much freaking fun. A 2 day ticket costs the same as 2 moderately priced dinners for 2, with drinks. The local sale should be easy, especially with Georgia State, Emory, Tech, and who knows what other colleges around. I'm still pushing, though.

Sincerely

-Stymied in Suwanee
you can do what i do: print out the poster 2 to a sheet in full color and start sticking them up wherever you go. i have some business cards (might need more!) . i have done that at some rock-n-roll bars and some other well-chosen locations.
plus, i've talked up a few folks at work - and one dude i think is going to buy one or two
Reverend Su is offline   Reply With Quote