View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
EternalMetal
full on rapist

Well most people here (im assuming) listen to their music on cd by the album, since thats the way most metal is meant to be enjoyed anyhow. I cant stand streaming since it is LQ; I will only check out new music by streaming it, otherwise ill wait until I get the entire album. I find plenty of new music by checking out new releases and reading blogs and forums (this one in particular).

I have a last.fm account that I use mostly for keeping track of what I listen to, and sometimes i'll find the occasional band that I missed in the past that I should have already been listening to - count me for using lastfm for the occasional new find. Since I explore primarily metal genres, Pandora doesnt have enough coverage of bands who are on the less commercial side for me to find many new albums - ive heard of most of their recommendations already. So for me Lastfm is much more effective for finding new music. Ill always choose what I want to listen to, so radio station sites are pointless. Sometimes ill put my digital library (since I convert all my music to mp3/FLAC) on shuffle if I really cant decide...