View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2008, 01:05 PM   #105 (permalink)
Trogdor 666
Brawltrocuted

Devil May Cry 4 is pretty fun, but it really is just the same old stuff in a shiny new package. Hey, sometimes a game is strong enough to do that and still be classic like Zelda or Metal Gear, but Devil May Cry was fun back in 2001, the same stuff just doesn't seem as refreshing in 2008. I don't hate it, but I feel it could've been better than just a graphics update.

Anyway, going back to my Brawl Obsession, I'm slowly progressing through a back catalog of Nintendo games in anticipation and preparation, which is really hitting me hard right NOW considering that if not for the latest delay, I'd be calling out of work and playing Brawl right now. Kirby Superstar has been beaten, as well as Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and a good way through Mario Galaxy again. I've pulled up ye olde NES Emulator and I've rocked the old school of Donkey Kong, Ice Climber and Kid Icarus. Granted, I've had my butt kicked, but still enjoying myself. I highly recommend Metroid Prime 3 to shooter fans, it took me awhile to get into it, but I'm loving it now. And Pikmin 2 on Gamecube is my favorite form of virtual slavery.

Also, for obvious reasons, I've been playing a lot of Smash Bros. Melee. I've been going back and playing through the single player modes on harder difficulties than ever before and finding out that I'm better at the game than I ever thought I was! It says a lot when a game that's over 6 years old can still hold my interest for hours. Hooray for me! Go Samus!