View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2008, 05:24 AM   #1362 (permalink)
bsercombe
Swollen Member

Ok, Heard of www.pandora.com? Worth chasing (or is it even possible ) to get Lord on there given your present label affiliations?

Some details:

Q: What is Pandora?

Pandora is a music discovery service designed to help you enjoy music you already know, and to help you discover new music you'll love. It's powered by the most comprehensive analysis of music ever undertaken, the Music Genome Project: a crazy project started back in early 2000 to capture the complex musical DNA of songs using a large team of highly-trained musicians. Just tell us one of your favorite songs or artists and we'll launch a streaming station to explore that part of the musical universe.

Q: How are artists paid when Pandora plays their music?

At Pandora we believe strongly that artists and songwriters deserve to be compensated whenever their music is performed. We pay licensing fees to SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI and SESAC for all music that is played on Pandora. These payments ultimately go to the performing artists, songwriters, and record labels. If you are an artist whose music is played on Pandora, you'll want to make sure that you register with SoundExchange so that you'll be paid for the performance of your songs on Pandora and all other Internet radio services. Also, we would suggest contacting Amazon.com to arrange for your music to be sold on their site. We get our album art from Amazon, so this will allow Pandora to display your unique album art when we play your music. And as a side benefit, your sales are likely to increase.

Q: What happens when I give a "Thumbs Up" / Thumbs down / Skip

[bsercombe edit] You are tuning the station to your music preferences. Not having used it I don't know if this is your personal station or if multiple people tune one station or how the hell it works. Perhaps Adams might have a go at it for us and report back if you are interested.