View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #164 (permalink)
drew_drummer
Dancefap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sptz View Post
drew, it's really not that hard to understand. Like Morgray said, you can't say they aren't well written and well arranged, because they just are, it's up to you to like it or not.
My position is not that hard to understand either, but you chaps aren't even trying to.

My position is this: 'well-written' and 'well arranged' are value judgements. There is NO universal concrete method to writing a pop song, or any kind of song; it is all subjective, with varying degree's of individuality involved. The evidence I provide to support this is the range of responses that everyone has had to the idea that they write good music - the body of varied responses is evidence that this is a subjective argument.

You cannot say that because I think they suck, that I'm ignoring that their stuff is "well written" - because me thinking they suck means inherently that I think their stuff is NOT well written. It's just not a valid response on your part; it really just smacks of fanboi-ism, or bending-over-backwards-liberalism.

How on earth you expect me to find the silver lining with a band like Nickelback, I'll never know.

/thread
www.nocleansinging.com

drew_drummer is offline   Reply With Quote