Thread: Movies
View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #60 (permalink)
A7
Live to Win

Thumbs up

Time for this week's quick movie review:

Planet 51
Yesterday, I checked out this CG-animated film starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (now Linda would really want to go see it! ), Jessica Biel, Gary Oldman and John Cleese. It's an homage to the sci-fi alien invasion genre - only with a twist: a human astronaut lands on an alien planet inhabited by green people living in the '50s. The film has its moments like the numerous references to Alien, E.T., Wall-E and other popular sci-fi flicks, but there are also moments when the film feels forced and too derivative of everything else. Otherwise, Planet 51 is a pretty entertaining film for the whole family to watch this month. Sure beats that inane New Moon and that dragging disaster 2012.
Rating:

"Living to win means you pursue your goals, challenges and dreams without regard for anyone else's opinions, failures or the obstacles in your way. I may not always succeed, but as long as I fail on my own terms...I've won." - Paul Stanley

Crabby Patty (I'm So Unclear!) | Just Like Priest | Shades of Crimson | Emp˙re | Electric Funeral | Dia | Phantom Blue
A7 is offline   Reply With Quote