View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2011, 05:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
FleshAndBloodTheocracy
Living Apple

Re: Matt Smith interview - June 3rd 2011

I would argue Twist of Fate and Absolution Day are both stories, as well.

Twist of Fate tells of a man coming to terms with God, and what it truly means to serve an All-Powerful God, but also coming to terms with the fact that, as CS Lewis so succinctly put it, "You will serve God; the only question is whether you serve like Peter or like Judas." I think the narrator, at first frustrated because, though he tries to live a good life ("I have broken bread with evil....and I have lived to tell!"), but still things in his life aren't going according to his own plan ("I search for a reason to bring peace of mind, but once more no reason I find"), and finally gives it all to God, recognizing that rather having Him in our lives, what we really need to be happy is to willingly be a part of His plans ("So I step out in faith after closing my eyes")

Absolution Day tells of a man being saved. I don't know about you all, but I don't view the man in the story as being judged, I view him as first coming to Christ with all his sins, fearing judgment and instead finding salvation ("when all works fall short and efforts fail I realize that faith alone's the key -- Absolution for all who believe")