The Absence  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > The Absence
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 26th, 2007, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
ihave27frets

Another new track posted

We posted another new track, 'The Murder' from our new album 'Riders Of The Plague" in stores everywhere August 7th.
http://www.myspace.com/theabsence

http://www.myspace.com/theabsence
http://www.metalblade.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 27th, 2007, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
fry8

To be frank, it was in my opinion, a pretty averege sounding song. The guitar lead parts were excellent however, and they are much much better than the previous guitar solos (not that the other ones were bad, they just weren't as professional sounding as they are in this track). Some parts of the song were reminiscent of black metal, which was kinda cool and it sounding a little like a band called hypocrisy. Though, the main problem with the song was that it lacks a catch to it (something that makes you head bang) and the vocals were there to become a lead instrument rather than an accompaniment to the other insturments (drums, guitar, bass). A good example of the vocal accompaniment would defiantly be in the song "A Breath Beneath." In that song, the riffs are catchy and the vocals work very well with the other instruments and it makes your head bang. To me, screaming vocals aren't a lead instruement. Clean vocals are a lead instrument and high and low screaming vocals are an accompaniment to the other instruments.

However, I do like the implementation of the low vocals and I love the more brutal and harsher sounds of the track, especially when the acoustic part ends and the distorted guitar part comes in to play. Maybe saying the song was averege was a little harsh, but it certainly isn't exceedingly different than anything I haven't heard of. I don't mean to be bashful, I am just trying to be very blunt and honest.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 27th, 2007, 12:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
m_sutin
rider of the plague!

i as well am being honest, but i love everything about it, it takes all of the elements of the band and every one sounds better. very glad the low vocals are more frequent this time, and fuck the new song has good drumming with the blastbeats and double bass.....it surpasses anything on from your grave (in my opinion) just wow , im not even done listening to the song yet.!!!!
Old June 27th, 2007, 01:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
SepulcreUnearthed

Holy shit is this album going to be good.
Old June 27th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nabocho

Love it, Dead And Gone was a very good track, but this is a killer from beginnig to end
Old June 27th, 2007, 07:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Beh3moth

damn. they're both awesome. i like the guitar solo's in The Murder. its all really good though. i'm hoping to come see you at the backbooth in orlando.
Old June 27th, 2007, 08:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
dtsheist

Love this new song too. Just reconfirms that Riders is going to be awesome, and most likely in my top 5 of the year like i expected.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Walls1441

I've probably listened to this song 50 times already.
Will see you friday in raleigh.
Old July 8th, 2007, 04:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maxwell314

If a single song could sell an album, this would be it (The Murder). There wasn't one track I didn't enjoy on From Your Grave, and I hope this one is just the same. It seems that my hopes are going to come true