Amon Amarth  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Amon Amarth
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 11th, 2005, 05:15 AM   #26 (permalink)
Golden Hall
The song is ringing loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtik Militia
haha, i do! shit how much does it cost to ask these professionals to find my genealogical tree? like if i wanna trace it back to 1600..?...
Shouldn't cost you that much, you can even get pretty far on your own. I'm pretty familiar with my ancestry back to the late 1500s, It's even documented well earlier than that, the details just get a bit fuzzy. My surname's origin is supposedly circa William the Conquerer, the theory is of a commoner that got bumped up after the war in 1066.

There's a topic for you, anybody in here have any family links to historical events and people? I've always found it pretty interesting to hear what people's ancestors have done
Old March 11th, 2005, 06:58 AM   #27 (permalink)
TheLastWithPaganBlood
Nordman

I haven't conducted any family research but the most prominant person in my mother's family historically seen is Margareta Leijonhufvud, the second wife of the Swedish King Gustaf Wasa, the king who kicked the Danes out of our country.
Old March 11th, 2005, 07:33 AM   #28 (permalink)
Fimbul-Winter
Viking

Right, i love Graveland,too!
And i say it again, germanics have many hair!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 11th, 2005, 11:57 AM   #29 (permalink)
Celtik Militia
Dumb French Bastard

well i dont really know much about my ancestry to answer your interresting new topic Golden Hall. actually i do know my american mom's last name is Tillinghast and she's a decendent of one of the first governors of Rhode Island. also i'm proud of my great grandfather who fought in WW1 at Verdun (a big decisive and terrible battle) and he was among the last survivors of his unit, he got out without a scratch, but his uniform was full of bullet holes. also i ad a royalist ancestor who fought against the revolution in the royalist army of brittany.

@Tomasz : sorry man, but i'm not ready to leave this forum, and i dont think the other pro germanic dude is either anyway i dont see whats wrong with you, i dont recall insulting you or anything, if you dont like my posts and opinions just ignore them and interact in other threads. whats the point in getting all hiped up about meaningless shit i and my friend TheLastWithPaganBlood say? if you dont like me... fine! but the difference between me and you is that i wouldnt (violently) diss people for a difference in attitude or opinion.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 11th, 2005, 12:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
Feraliminal Lycanthropizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Hall
Shouldn't cost you that much, you can even get pretty far on your own. I'm pretty familiar with my ancestry back to the late 1500s, It's even documented well earlier than that, the details just get a bit fuzzy. My surname's origin is supposedly circa William the Conquerer, the theory is of a commoner that got bumped up after the war in 1066.

There's a topic for you, anybody in here have any family links to historical events and people? I've always found it pretty interesting to hear what people's ancestors have done
Cool Golden hall. Mines not so great; but my last name, Bhoorasingh means "kings of the lions" or something. Two indian tribes (not native american) called the Bhoors and the Singhs joined forces back 100 years ago or so. I think it pretty cool that it made it this far down their descendants. Im going to be so sad when I get married and my name be changed to something dull like Smith or Jones.
Old March 11th, 2005, 03:42 PM   #31 (permalink)
Tomasz
outdoor type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feraliminal Lycanthropizer
Cool Golden hall. Mines not so great; but my last name, Bhoorasingh means "kings of the lions" or something. Two indian tribes (not native american) called the Bhoors and the Singhs joined forces back 100 years ago or so. I think it pretty cool that it made it this far down their descendants. Im going to be so sad when I get married and my name be changed to something dull like Smith or Jones.

Who says you have to change your name? My wife still hasn't changed hers and it doesn't bother me a bit. I wonder what the kid will be called if we ever have one.

Old March 11th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
Belgar
The Wallonian Redneck.

A lot of Singh here, my gf is one too ... the fun of multicultural living. woot woot. All these last names have some type of history, very interesting to learn.
Old March 11th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #33 (permalink)
Golden Hall
The song is ringing loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtik Militia
well i dont really know much about my ancestry to answer your interresting new topic Golden Hall. actually i do know my american mom's last name is Tillinghast and she's a decendent of one of the first governors of Rhode Island
I'm descended directly from Thomas Welles, he came to America in 1635 and served as the fourth governor of the colony of Connecticut, if you're talking colonial era, they might have known eachother
Old March 11th, 2005, 04:17 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasz
Who says you have to change your name? My wife still hasn't changed hers and it doesn't bother me a bit. I wonder what the kid will be called if we ever have one.
Its just cooler that way, ya know. A little PANASH. The baby thing is up to you to decide. My brothers baby has the mom name, but my cousins took the dads.
Old March 11th, 2005, 11:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Tyra

Fucking wait till I tell my mom her kid is in a band on whose forum one can read all about hairy balls! Not to mention that I'm reading it... Fuck, I haven't laughed this hard in a loooooong time.
Old March 12th, 2005, 02:55 AM   #36 (permalink)
Celtik Militia
Dumb French Bastard

oh well thans Tyra, at least this thread wasnt for nothing

@GoldenHall : yeah i think my ancestor was governor of a the rhode island colony, in colonial era then.. but i dont really know i'd have to ask my mom. but maybe they new eachother then.. do you have a ...hmmm shit how do you say that in english, fuck, you know like a familly badge with a sentence under it... anyway mine's "be just and fear not". you see what i mean? anyway i ask this cause it was quite current in noble american families, so its cool to have kept a reminder of that familly thingy.
Old March 12th, 2005, 06:17 AM   #37 (permalink)
Golden Hall
The song is ringing loud

Yeah, I've heard a couple mottos. The one I can remember off the top of my head is "Semper Paratus" I think, or "Always Prepared". That one may be bullshit though, I can't remember which has historical grounding. My great grandfather made his own family crest as a joke too, it's pretty fucking funny, especially considering he did it during the '20s or '30s. It's a shield divided into the requisite four sections, the first section has a pair of dice and some playing cards, the second some cocktail glasses, the third a speeding car up on two wheels, and the fourth a guy chasing a girl. All the classics, booze, girls, gambling, and fast cars. The same guy had a tomato patch on the infield at Indianapolis motor speedway, basically cause he thought it's be funny to have a garden there.
Old March 12th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #38 (permalink)
Thrymfal
Snootchie Bootchies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgar
A lot of Singh here, my gf is one too ... the fun of multicultural living. woot woot. All these last names have some type of history, very interesting to learn.
Singh is an extremely common Indian name, mostly because of the Sikhs, who, in their quest to end all prejudice of any kind, changed all of their names to Singh, which means Lion. Interesting people, the Sikhs.
Old March 12th, 2005, 09:30 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Hall
Yeah, I've heard a couple mottos. The one I can remember off the top of my head is "Semper Paratus" I think, or "Always Prepared". That one may be bullshit though, I can't remember which has historical grounding. My great grandfather made his own family crest as a joke too, it's pretty fucking funny, especially considering he did it during the '20s or '30s. It's a shield divided into the requisite four sections, the first section has a pair of dice and some playing cards, the second some cocktail glasses, the third a speeding car up on two wheels, and the fourth a guy chasing a girl. All the classics, booze, girls, gambling, and fast cars. The same guy had a tomato patch on the infield at Indianapolis motor speedway, basically cause he thought it's be funny to have a garden there.

haha thats the greatest thing Ive heard all day. He made history for his descendants when he really was just joking. I sculpt to make my history, because pottery/sculptures outlive humans by hundreds of years. Well it might not go that well, but I like to pretend in the year 3000 someone will look at my Diablo II statue and say "wow these year 21st centurians had it tough"
Old March 14th, 2005, 08:13 AM   #40 (permalink)
WalkingToNowhere

i am 14 years old and i have incredibly hairy legs.. and im growing hair just about everywhere from my feet up and i do have german background...
Old March 18th, 2005, 07:40 PM   #41 (permalink)
Mj°llnir
Holger Danske

im danish, with norweigen and far away german blood... i have a fuckin hairry ass, but almost nothing on the chest, and my beard is fucking weird... i have the side burns and under the mouth (forgot the word of that) ... but almost nothing on the chick and under my nose (alcohol is damaging my brain) ... and im 20.. my underarms there is nothing...

and i saw on a documentary(i dont really know if its true or not...but wtf ... discovery chanel on hungover sundays)...that its beacuse we are evoluating... the humans on the future wont have nails on the feets, wont have hair, and no fuckin teeths... sounds fucking weird... but i dont have nailes on my little toe on my foot, and i was born missing a couple of teeths (permants)...hehehe.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrel
Old March 18th, 2005, 08:18 PM   #42 (permalink)
OnceSealedInBlood
fuck shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mj°llnir
im danish, with norweigen and far away german blood... i have a fuckin hairry ass, but almost nothing on the chest, and my beard is fucking weird... i have the side burns and under the mouth (forgot the word of that) ... but almost nothing on the chick and under my nose (alcohol is damaging my brain) ... and im 20.. my underarms there is nothing...

and i saw on a documentary(i dont really know if its true or not...but wtf ... discovery chanel on hungover sundays)...that its beacuse we are evoluating... the humans on the future wont have nails on the feets, wont have hair, and no fuckin teeths... sounds fucking weird... but i dont have nailes on my little toe on my foot, and i was born missing a couple of teeths (permants)...hehehe.
What!? So you think your better than the rest of us? You think were all obsolete now that your further evolved!? Or just me?

Last edited by OnceSealedInBlood : March 18th, 2005 at 08:20 PM. Reason: P.S. That is a cool tatoo. A lot of people on here have awesome tatooes....
Old March 19th, 2005, 06:22 AM   #43 (permalink)
Celtik Militia
Dumb French Bastard

lol
fuck why wont we have teeth??? we use those all the time, especially with the growth of hamburger consumation. and i always bang my toes everywhere accidently, so my toe nails are usefull too in our society...
Old March 19th, 2005, 08:45 AM   #44 (permalink)
Mj°llnir
Holger Danske

ahuhuahua
thats not what im sayin.... it sux not to have teeth...hahahaha
i dont believe on that shit... hehehe.... they said many fucking shit on that documentary... they said that we wont need to eat as well, and we will get what we need for surviving by some kind of energy bullshit... hahaha

ah, and i have a friend of mine, hes latino and he had full beard at the age of 15-16
and my cousin...also dane, hes around 25.26 and he doesnt have beard...

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrel
Old March 19th, 2005, 02:00 PM   #45 (permalink)
Valkyre_28

once I saw a girl? with hair on the face! And next time she shaved, but you could see the bristle... And she had husband and kids, someone like it. brrrr What's on the other parts? Maybe bayonet is need
Old March 19th, 2005, 07:57 PM   #46 (permalink)
Celtik Militia
Dumb French Bastard

yeah once i saw an old lady walking in the street and she had a clear mustache... i mean a REAL mustache, you know a nice and big one like Groutcho Marx' (i dont know how to spell his first name). i was quite horrified.
Old March 20th, 2005, 11:19 AM   #47 (permalink)
Mj°llnir
Holger Danske

damn...thast some nasty shit

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrel
Old March 20th, 2005, 01:22 PM   #48 (permalink)

I know a girl that would make you look like a 12 year old boy. Thats right, full beard goatee and everything.