Amon Amarth  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Amon Amarth
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 23rd, 2005, 08:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
Feraliminal Lycanthropizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgar
I find it quite amusing ... and yet very entertaining.
by the way, this sentence is just improper on all fronts. Words like "yet", "but" and "however" are transitions verbs which bring together two totally opposite clauses. You cant be amused but entertained- thats synonimous.

example: "This heroin is very light YET gives a strong trip"

you see, i took the sentence into the opposite direction. i usually let it slide with foreigners, because broken english is cute <3, but that could get you in big trouble with an English professor, mang.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 23rd, 2005, 11:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
Belgar
The Wallonian Redneck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feraliminal Lycanthropizer
by the way, this sentence is just improper on all fronts. Words like "yet", "but" and "however" are transitions verbs which bring together two totally opposite clauses. You cant be amused but entertained- thats synonimous.

example: "This heroin is very light YET gives a strong trip"

you see, i took the sentence into the opposite direction. i usually let it slide with foreigners, because broken english is cute <3, but that could get you in big trouble with an English professor, mang.
So let me rephrase my sentence in a correct SAT manner ... "I found it quite amusing; yet what I saw, brought me to a paroxysm of pity."
Ok, maybe it was broken english again ... but Belgar could just give a fuck less. All I can tell you, is that after the Obituary show ... if one wants to talk the talk on the forum .. they should be able to walk the walk! I am sure that you master the english language enough to know what I mean. Enough said.

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucidydes, The history of the Peloponnesian War.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 23rd, 2005, 11:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Tyra

Thrymfal, if you run for president, I'll become a US citizen just so I can vote for you, K? It is any subliminal message you're to ignore, not the overt ones (displayed clearly) in the lyrics. Yes, Johan is atheist. Many non-asatruar wear the hammer as a symbol for respect of our ancestors (some of whom - gasp - were even Christians). Nobody owns the ancient symbols. Respect for our ancestors may be a very typically Norse thing, but more than anything, it's a respect thing.

Heathens got their name from "people of the heath", by the Christians who thought all heathens were uncultured and lived in the sticks. Litterally. Some of us, especially those who live in Scandinavia, have chosen to keep this name for the faith. In many countries, they do a census, where they count how many people say they are of "x" religion. If there are more than a certain number of "x", that religion gets official status. it helps if we all say we are asatru, for example, rather than some of us calling ourselves asatru, some heathen, some northern traditionalist etc. That's the only time it is an issue.
One is pagan if one is heathen, but not all pagans are heathens, like Sleipnir said. I personally do not like being lumped in with "other pagans":
A. because, again, this is something that Christians have come up with to create order in their world. It's Moslems, Jews, Christians and "all the other wierd people whose religions are a joke" (= pagans).
B. I have about as much in common with wiccans, the practitioners of slavic nature religions and greeks, as Christians (to use an example many of you will be familiar with, not to pick on one specific group in any way) have with moslems and jews. They are judeo-christians, but they are not at all the same and really do not get along very well amongst themselves. I am asatru, which technically falls under the pagan umbrella, but I am asatru/heathen/northern traditionalist or whatever you want to call us first.

Sleipnir, how's "the Bun"?
Old September 23rd, 2005, 11:24 PM   #29 (permalink)

um ok...so much for constructive criticism. let me just say that i dont get your reaction at all, but thanks for actualy telling me how you really feel instead of saying it behind my back, i guess. You dont have to believe anything. I guess I dont get anyone here. I guess I dont belong here. Next time? theres none of that. Now you can have a Bonfire and say "yeah her?, she was such a so and so".
To everyone else- Sorry for derailing this thread, and all the other ones. La~
Old September 23rd, 2005, 11:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
Tyra

Oi, Chelsea girl, you and I should have a forumfight instead! Then it'd be a bitch catfight, the fur would fly and it'd all be very Norse and all, and then the boyz would all be very entertained, as would you and I, and neither of us would sulk and be poor loosers. We'd just be tossed out of the forum for all the nasty bitchslapping and mudslinging, combat boots vs Doc Martens bootstomping. ;-)
Old September 23rd, 2005, 11:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
Belgar
The Wallonian Redneck.

Quote:
um ok...so much for constructive criticism.
The thing with you is that I always see constructive criticism with the extra ounce of sarcasm/smartass approach ... this time, Belgar the douchebag took it the wrong way.
I am also not on this forum to kiss anobody's ass, so yes, I tell it as it is.
I think I have met enough people from this forum both from all across the US (including you) and Europe to know that they know me as anything but an asshole . Sorry if sometimes I might seem like one. I just don't take shit from anybody ... especially not on a forum.

With all that said ... cheer on
Old September 24th, 2005, 12:49 AM   #32 (permalink)
OnceSealedInBlood
fuck shit

All this religious shit is really fucking confusing...Can't they just come up with one that makes everyone happy? How many sub-religions are really needed? That is why atheist is the way to be...You can pick and choose as you go along...You can wear a cross around your neck because you think it looks cool, and you can wear a pentagram shirt at the same time, for the same reason...and it has no meaning what so ever...Anyways, thats what I take from atheism...You dont worry about stuff like that...? And I don't wear a cross...Now, i'm about 95% sure someone is going to call me a retard, or tell me to shutup...So in my defence, i'm from Canada, i'm 16, and i'm white as fuck...That would probably hold up in court against murder charges...In Canada at least...
Old September 24th, 2005, 07:29 AM   #33 (permalink)
TheLastWithPaganBlood
Nordman

Shut up and don't waste our time
Old September 24th, 2005, 09:45 AM   #34 (permalink)
asmallchild
Brutal and Relentless

Old September 24th, 2005, 12:10 PM   #35 (permalink)
OnceSealedInBlood
fuck shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastWithPaganBlood
Shut up and don't waste our time
Thank you sire.
Old September 24th, 2005, 12:15 PM   #36 (permalink)
Celtik Militia
Dumb French Bastard

Quote:
Coming from you ... I find it quite amusing ... and yet very entertaining.

The reconquest of old pagan Europe has just begun ... deal with it.
Won't be long before Europe wakes up from its slumber and oust the plague from the south that is infesting our ancient lands as well as the filth from the church.

I should ask Celtik his opinion about french MRF emerging as a strong party ...
mmh, i have no idea what the MRF is.. but then again if its a recent party, i must admit i havent been up to date with the news lately cause its the holidays so its not like i come back home after classes and watch TV cooking diner.
can you explain to me what the MRF is? i searched a little on internet and havent found anything.
if its a nationalist thing its good.
if its a muslim shit party its bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feraliminal Lycanthropiser
Celtik hates minorities. His new-formed party is called Napoleon el Salvador Conquistador Iskra. free punch and pie.
hell yeah. i'm a bonapartist <3 Hail to the emperor. he'd kick your ass!
Old September 24th, 2005, 01:09 PM   #37 (permalink)
TheLastWithPaganBlood
Nordman

...if he wasn't so goddamn short. And dead.
Old September 24th, 2005, 01:15 PM   #38 (permalink)
Thrymfal
Snootchie Bootchies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyra
Thrymfal, if you run for president, I'll become a US citizen just so I can vote for you, K?
funny you should mention that....
Old September 24th, 2005, 03:29 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
The thing with you is that I always see constructive criticism with the extra ounce of sarcasm/smartass approach ... this time, Belgar the douchebag took it the wrong way.
I am also not on this forum to kiss anobody's ass, so yes, I tell it as it is.
I think I have met enough people from this forum both from all across the US (including you) and Europe to know that they know me as anything but an asshole . Sorry if sometimes I might seem like one. I just don't take shit from anybody ... especially not on a forum.

With all that said ... cheer on
ok I just want to say this really quick kinda. I feel sorta sad that you feel that Im a false for not being who I was on here. I think that was the notion from all as well. If anyone from Orlando saw me at the show, they would have said "what the fuck?" because i dont usually dress or act like that. I came to Tampa and kinda wanted to start over. I just wanted some people to think for once I wasnt an obnoxious, loudmouth, drug addict etc etc etc. Would you guys seriously have liked it better if I acted like I do on here? Is life really that serious? I guess Im sorta unmetal now and I dont really fit in anymore. With that, i'd like to say peace out to this place and it was a good year and something months. no hard feelings. see yous all on the flip side.

Last edited by Feraliminal Lycanthropizer : September 24th, 2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old September 24th, 2005, 07:17 PM   #40 (permalink)
Celtik Militia
Dumb French Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastWithPaganBlood
...if he wasn't so goddamn short. And dead.
source : wikipedia.org
"Misconceptions about Napoleon's height.
Contrary to popular belief (perpetuated by the above-mentioned caricatures), Napoleon was not especially short. In fact, Napoleon was five feet six inches tall (168 cm), which was the average height for the era. The myth of his short stature was fed by his nickname, le petit caporal, as non-francophones mistakenly take petit as meaning "small"; in fact, it is an affectionate term reflecting on his camaraderie with ordinary soldiers. Caricatures made fun of his nickname and added to the problem."

(ok 1m68 is short for now but he'd still take down Feraliminal no prob )
Old September 24th, 2005, 09:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
OnceSealedInBlood
fuck shit

Quote:
ok I just want to say this really quick kinda. I feel sorta sad that you feel that Im a false for not being who I was on here. I think that was the notion from all as well. If anyone from Orlando saw me at the show, they would have said "what the fuck?" because i dont usually dress or act like that. I came to Tampa and kinda wanted to start over. I just wanted some people to think for once I wasnt an obnoxious, loudmouth, drug addict etc etc etc. Would you guys seriously have liked it better if I acted like I do on here? Is life really that serious? I guess Im sorta unmetal now and I dont really fit in anymore. With that, i'd like to say peace out to this place and it was a good year and something months. no hard feelings. see yous all on the flip side.
What? You are leaving? But then who is going to demolish my self-esteem?
Old September 25th, 2005, 01:28 AM   #42 (permalink)
Belgar
The Wallonian Redneck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceSealedInBlood
What? You are leaving? But then who is going to demolish my self-esteem?
That's why Demons came back ... and Demons is A+ self esteem demolishing.
Old September 25th, 2005, 06:41 AM   #43 (permalink)
TheLastWithPaganBlood
Nordman

Too bad you're leaving Feraliminal, you are one of the people which makes this forum as addictive as it is, with your good humor and absoulte unforseeable comments. Besides, we need your different views on matters adn your punk approach and knowledge, otherwise we'd just end up a forum for drunken european supremacists or something
Old September 25th, 2005, 08:31 AM   #44 (permalink)
Sleipnir
Thorsmadr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyra
Sleipnir, how's "the Bun"?

we lost it.....
Old September 25th, 2005, 12:39 PM   #45 (permalink)
Blutaar
RAVENSBURGER

Good bye Feraliminal!
My stomach still hurts because of your crazy comments....SKOL!
3. Black Messiah "Of Myths and Legends"
4. New Battlesword
Old September 26th, 2005, 08:48 AM   #46 (permalink)
dark usurper

I love Amon Amarths music and lyrics, but I dont care what their personal beliefs are.
Old September 27th, 2005, 10:45 AM   #47 (permalink)
asmallchild
Brutal and Relentless

Keep this thread alive.
Old September 27th, 2005, 02:51 PM   #48 (permalink)
Ardbeg
T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmaltreas
Amon Amarth claim to be deeply rooted in Pagan Viking belief.For albums on they've done these anti-christian messages,but with this new one it says "Any subliminal messages are in you head?" or something.

Why did they do that for? The subliminal messages of paganism is one of the reasons why I like them.They sang about what I personally believed, me being a pagan.

They should be standing up for their beliefs, if they convert someone so what? If they just do it to be cool, they'll grow out of it, and the ones that carry this faith with them will always have that kind of music to cherish, it's about trust in the Gods and standing up for what you believe in.Fighting for your faith.You're on a battlefield and you've got the sword of your faith,now it doesn't matter what it is, it's just that you're constantly going to fight for it.Especially if you're a more opressed faith or unknown faith, people fear what they don't understand.

I'm a heavy metal fan, and I'm a devout pagan, open-minded and not-bashful as AA as in some of their lyrics,and I happen to like artists who believe what I believe in.Amon Amarth,Korpiklaani,Finntroll,Cruachan,exc.

I got really angry that they would try to censor their faiths like they did.It's things like that that make freedoms breathless air.Why do we even have freedom of religion and speech if you're going to censor them?
Hey I think you misunderstand the meaning of "subliminal messages".
A subliminal message is a hidden message within a recording or film, such as the classical "do it" in one of Judas Priest's songs (can't remember the name right now).

As you may know, Judas Priest was even involved in a law suit, after some parents claimed that their kids comitted suicide after listening to that song, picking up a backward subliminal message that supposedly said "do it".

The whole sentence has nothing to do with our beliefs. It's a joke, aimed at these christian hippocrites who blame Heavy Metal for their kids' problems, and we have similar sentences on our other albums.
On "Once Sent From The Golden Hall" for instance, we have a sentence that reads "Any subliminal messages found on this recording are purely incidental".

So you can rest assured that we are not backing on our personal beliefs, and we are not censuring ourselves in any way.
Old September 27th, 2005, 03:46 PM   #49 (permalink)
Thrymfal
Snootchie Bootchies

there you have it folks, from the man himself
Old September 29th, 2005, 09:03 PM   #50 (permalink)
DemonsAndLies666
AxeOfDarkness

Quote:
That's why Demons came back ... and Demons is A+ self esteem demolishing.

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it."-Malcolm Wallace

"Amon Amarth forum kicks your ass!!!" - Demons And Lies

www.wraithproductions.net