Amon Amarth  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Amon Amarth
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 24th, 2006, 03:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
vagner
the greek viking

Racism

what is your opinion about racism?there are many bands who sing about an aryan nation.what is your opinion are some people born better then other?or do you bealive in nationalism?that a nation musn't be mixed with other nations?
In our memory he will live Foverer
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 24th, 2006, 04:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tomasz
outdoor type

every single person in this world, black/white/asian/redneck, is a racist to some degree in one form or another

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 24th, 2006, 06:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knarfi
Yaba-daba-doo!

Yeah, true, and it will probably stay that way. No white person makes no difference between another white person and a black person, and visa versa
Old October 24th, 2006, 07:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Belgar
The Wallonian Redneck.

I believe in nationalism, I believe in being proud of my region and land, I also believe that many are not being given the same chances at birth.
I believe that all of us are racist in some way or another.
We have discussed about this before ... does embracing your country make you racist? i don't think so. Do I have a right to be pissed off at people leeching off my country's money, while procreating at amazing speed and living secluded in their own ghetto and pushing they radical views on my country? yes, I think I have every right to be pissed off.
Do I have the right to feel unsafe walking the street of my town because someone might jump me and ask for my money? no, it should not happen.
And in Belgium, most often than not, these deeds are being commited by well ... the people we let in could they be from africa or eastern europe.

I could go on and on ... but I believe we can all have our own view. Does being white make me superior? I don't know. Standard of living in western europe is far better than the east .. should I feel more superior than a russian or a pole or a Bulgarian? they are white as well.

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucidydes, The history of the Peloponnesian War.

Old October 24th, 2006, 07:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Söy
Manfred von Richthofen

if youre concerned about racism in general, go read the clash of civilizations by samuel p. huntington. while not about racism specifically (he never uses that term ever) it is about conflict between different cultures. also, biologically, the concept of race is false; we all all the same.

off topic note: what's with the racism rampant on UM? every forum ive read people use racial slurs...
Old October 24th, 2006, 07:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Krigloch the Furious
PUT CHILI ON IT!!

<---------- White and Proud.(mostly white, im 1/16th Cheyenne )
oh noes!!!11 racist! White people cant be proud.

I do hate alot of people, not really because of race, just because they are fucking stupid. lol, ok im a little racist
Old October 24th, 2006, 07:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
wildchild_wannabe

Oh, just fcuk racism, m'key? :yuk
Old October 24th, 2006, 08:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Warheart91
The Metal Crusader

what was the point with this theard? ^o)
Old October 24th, 2006, 08:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Trashhead
Le D'artagnan de coeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgar
I believe in nationalism, I believe in being proud of my region and land, I also believe that many are not being given the same chances at birth.
I believe that all of us are racist in some way or another.
We have discussed about this before ... does embracing your country make you racist? i don't think so. Do I have a right to be pissed off at people leeching off my country's money, while procreating at amazing speed and living secluded in their own ghetto and pushing they radical views on my country? yes, I think I have every right to be pissed off.
Do I have the right to feel unsafe walking the street of my town because someone might jump me and ask for my money? no, it should not happen.
And in Belgium, most often than not, these deeds are being commited by well ... the people we let in could they be from africa or eastern europe.

I could go on and on ... but I believe we can all have our own view. Does being white make me superior? I don't know. Standard of living in western europe is far better than the east .. should I feel more superior than a russian or a pole or a Bulgarian? they are white as well.
pretty much the same..not surprising since we live in the same country
Old October 24th, 2006, 10:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Joemax

My race, my ethnic back ground, and my country of birth are not sources of pride for me. I had no more control over those factors than someone who is born crippled. Taking pride in things like that, for me, doesn’t make sense. I prefer to take pride in things that I’ve accomplished, or things that make me unique, not things that I had no control over.

In terms of a band’s lyrics I could care less. If I like the way something sounds I’ll listen to it regardless of whether or not I personally agree with the band’s politics. Nothing really offends me so if I like a band’s music that’s all that matters. I listen to stuff ranging from anarchist punk like Conflict to NSBM like Graveland – I find both of those bands hilarious.
Old October 24th, 2006, 11:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tyra

I generally don't listen to stuff that turns my stomach for one reason or another, and if a band's lyrics is one of those things, well, I don't listen. Then there are bands where I don't mind the sound or the lyrics, but if I know that the money I spend buying their album goes towards supporting some political movement or some slime-ass childmolester or something, then I may listen to the stuff on the radio but I would not buy the cd or attend a gig.
I guess I am with Belgar, in the sense that I do not like my own culture to be disrespected (racism and disrespect in general can go two ways, and what Belgar describes is disrespect) but cuture is different from race. I have to add that as someone who works with archaeology, I cannot support racism on purely scientific grounds (never mind humanitarian).
Old October 24th, 2006, 01:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Warheart91
The Metal Crusader

yeah, you are gay stop saying it, you motherfucking cockriding asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 24th, 2006, 04:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Pessimism
Endemic Vagabond

Racism is a cultural term, not a biological - hence I support some of the positions on the board. Being American, my "heritage" basically doesn't exist - I'm adopted so I don't even have a history.

Damn, I can't even respect my own ancestors

You taught me language, and my profit on't Is, I know how to curse.
Old October 24th, 2006, 05:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
fallenangel217

I believe that rasism will always exist. Just ask yourself who you would rather meet in a dark alleyway in the seedy part of New York. A white male, or a black male. It's not that I'm a racist... I'm just more of realist.
Old October 24th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
darcy

What bugs me most about racist groups is how much of it is based on just... made up shit. I'm proud as hell of my Gaelic and Nordic background, that means a whole lot more to me than just being "white". Racism itself, I don't like on moral grounds (blind hatred doesn't accomplish anything) but the concepts behind it I object to on intellectual grounds.

I can understand and relate to people who don't like to see immigrants come into their region and wreck up the place... but I also see a lot of hypocrisy in those same circles, so it's hard to differentiate between the people concerned for the safety and future of their community, and people who hate and fear those that differ from them. It can be a genuine concern, or it can be a rationalization of irrational hate.

I also have a problem with explicitly political music, I hate to see art with an agenda. It irks me, it seems like a perversion.
Old October 24th, 2006, 06:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Celtik Militia
Dumb French Bastard

Fuck i worte a whole answer and it doesnt seem to have been posted here. fuck it, in general i agree with Belgar.

and i add :

Muslims impose their law, in denmark no mohammed pictures or else.... in germany, better not play mozart's orchestra or else the muslim community will be mad.
to that i say FUCK YOU. Open your fucking eyes you fucking leftest traitors. In France the situation is pratically lost but we are still here to manifest against these babylonian assholes... in 20 to 50 years our culture will be gone.. so here i call all scandinavian countries and eastern european countries to fight while its still time.
that's it.
for example i had an anti-fascist conversation with this finnish guy. what i explained to him is that in france we have 6 million muslims. there are 5 million people in Finland... how about we give to the finnish all our muslims and they'll breed the finish out in one generation. and the finish leftest finished by understanding my point.
white pride world wide. stop being fags and defend your people and race you fucking coward scum.
Old October 24th, 2006, 06:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
darcy

But when white people want to go into islamic countries and "liberate" muslim women from their traditions, that's all for the sake of peace and goodwill? The misconception that terrorists speak for all muslims is just as ridiculous as the idea that you speak for me.
Old October 24th, 2006, 07:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
fallenangel217

i must say that i agree with you totally darcy. it is just like saying that george bush speaks for all of us from America. it is completely retarded.
Old October 24th, 2006, 07:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Krigloch the Furious
PUT CHILI ON IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtik Militia
Fuck i worte a whole answer and it doesnt seem to have been posted here. fuck it, in general i agree with Belgar.

and i add :

Muslims impose their law, in denmark no mohammed pictures or else.... in germany, better not play mozart's orchestra or else the muslim community will be mad.
to that i say FUCK YOU. Open your fucking eyes you fucking leftest traitors. In France the situation is pratically lost but we are still here to manifest against these babylonian assholes... in 20 to 50 years our culture will be gone.. so here i call all scandinavian countries and eastern european countries to fight while its still time.
that's it.
for example i had an anti-fascist conversation with this finnish guy. what i explained to him is that in france we have 6 million muslims. there are 5 million people in Finland... how about we give to the finnish all our muslims and they'll breed the finish out in one generation. and the finish leftest finished by understanding my point.
white pride world wide. stop being fags and defend your people and race you fucking coward scum.
I love you! repped!
Old October 24th, 2006, 07:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
Celtik Militia
Dumb French Bastard

ok, darcy. in France we have a real problem with muslims. i know very well that not all muslim are islamic assholes... the thing is that islam in general generates problems. Islam hasn't evolved like christianity has. islam in general is extreemist. i know that if the situation continues; my white grand children will have to hide or stick to walls if they're not islamic. (the president of the nationalist party here was put to trial for having said that... do you think that's normal??)
many leftist traitors tell us nationalists to "open our eyes". but thats ridiculous... we are nationalists because we thought beyond the hippie bullshit. i defend my culture and history and race. leftists are manipulated by white ethnomasochism "yeah white people don't exist..etc..". if i had the power i'd torture them for their treachery.

by the way, i'm not "racist". i just have the notion of culture and difference of ethnies. it depends on the definition of racism.
Old October 24th, 2006, 07:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Celtik Militia
Dumb French Bastard

anyway, I just want to say for all european people : if you don't vote for your nationalist party you are a traitor for your family and ancestors.
By saying that i do not represent AA or any other group. I'm independant so don't erase my post. Think of the future of your children and of your culture. I live in one of the european countries which is the most in danger of cultural and racial mixing, and i live every day the consequences of this madness.
By telling you (northern and eastern europeans) that racial breeding is madness, its not just this racist guy talking, its someone with experience. People who mug others are always immigrants from africa or middle east, if this immigrant calls you a "dirty white boy" no association will defend you although there are dozens of associations in France which defend the poor arabs and black people living in France, in some towns the police doesnt even come because its too dangerous (in france, policemen aren't even alowed to point a gun to someone) so these arabs can live there without paying taxes. every year, in france, we are reminded of our horrible past when we exploited africa with our colonies (in aparte : the population of Algeria doubled under french rule.. so if ever you hear a fucking algerian complaining about french colonisation in Algeria, you tell him how much France made Algeria a strong nation. Same for Haiti, this island was the glory of the french colonial empire.. since the french abandoned it to the black slaves, there has been civil war there constantly. no president has held power in Tahiti for more then 10 years).

What i believe is that every people should stay home, there would be much less problems if everyone would stay in their own country (or continent) to make it better. Immigration from africa to europe might seem humanitarian for a leftist scum, but african politicians hate that their elite people leave africa for europe or the US. lets leave africa develope themselves.. the continent will always stay poor if we keep taking their elites.

anyway this is all a long argument.. i'm not gonna go on.. but i'd like to precise that i do not represent AA at all with what i'm saying. i'm just an independant nationalist who appreciates extreem metal including AA. nothing more.
Old October 24th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Krigloch the Furious
PUT CHILI ON IT!!

I couldnt agree more Celtik. it makes me very sad to hear what is happening to pussy liberal Europe.
Old October 24th, 2006, 07:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Belgar
The Wallonian Redneck.

A little comical that I found this reading article today.
To the Scandinavian countries, I can only fear the state of your countries in 20-30 years. It is nice to have the most flexible immigration laws in Europe but this is what is awaiting you (see article below).
It is a known fact that all other countries that for years have let these people flock to their land, have seen a huge surge in far right political parties, hate crimes, riots, extremists groups.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Exodus of Iraqi Spilling Into Europe
One-third of them came to Sweden, a country of 9 million people with an Iraqi immigrant community of more than 70,000 which has so far resisted clampdowns on immigration seen elsewhere in the EU.
The latest immigration figures in Sweden show the surge has intensified in recent months. By October, nearly 5,000 Iraqis had sought asylum in the Scandinavian country this year - more than double the total in 2005.
The immigration authority was forced to set up a special unit last month to deal with the case load. "We're up to 1,000 per month" in September and October, said Magnus Ryden, a former case worker at Sweden's Migration Board. "That's quite a remarkable figure. I think our staff is experiencing a certain overload."
An additional 3,000 Iraqis this year have applied for residence permits to be reunited with a spouse or parents already living in Sweden.
http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...24145409990002
---------------------------------------------------------------------
It follows the same pattern that countries like France, Belgium, England, Germany have.
One comes, the rest of the numerous family applies for visa (usually getting it), is getting social and gov aids in the 1000's of $, and over time the 70,000 become 2x these figures. (70K is just for Iraqis).
Latest statistic in Belgium for example have shown a big rise in analphabetism (again most of them being for the most part from muslim countries & eastern europe). Either they are in the country and never learn the language, have no skills, could not read nor write before even moving there and they get unemployment, social security, benefits and then we wonder why we are billions in debts.
With all that said, I can understand how someone could or have racist views and that does not even have anything to do with being white or black.
My opinion is that if you get granted my country's visa and nationality, don't come and spit on my land thinking you are getting a free ticket.

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucidydes, The history of the Peloponnesian War.

Last edited by Belgar : October 24th, 2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old October 24th, 2006, 07:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Anglorfin
Don't Fuck with Dinobot

I usually hate arguing such loaded issues, but I've never really understood the problem. Whether or not I identify with my racial, national, or cultural heritage doesn't matter. And I've never seen why it's such a big deal with some people. Yeah I'm proud of my background but that doesn't mean I have to defend it aginst a threat which is really nothing more than a cultural shift that is almost impossible to stop anyway. And it doesn't mean that I'd be any less proud once it happened.

On another note; politically speaking I hate to be identified as American. People always assume that the majority of the occupants are all sympathetic to the few people who are actually in power. I know the same basic stereotyping happens with any country of origin. It's not that I ashamed to be American. On the contrary I love it most of the time. But I believe that the terms "race", "culture", and even "nationalism" have nothing to do with politics or the government.

Racially speaking I could really care less. I'm white as a dove and sometimes I wish I didn't burn like a goddamn lobster any time I was outside in the sun for more than 20 min. Of course there are physical differences but to me they are all trivial. Any psychological difference is a result of difference in culture.
Old October 24th, 2006, 07:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Tyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangel217
I believe that rasism will always exist. Just ask yourself who you would rather meet in a dark alleyway in the seedy part of New York. A white male, or a black male. It's not that I'm a racist... I'm just more of realist.
I'd actually prefer it if it were not a male at all... Don't really care what colour skin the guy that's going to try to rape me is.