Amon Amarth  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Amon Amarth
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 11th, 2007, 08:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Reaping Clarity
The Grimmest Reaper

Does anyone know where I can find Mjolnir Necklace? (Like Ted's)

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone here knows where I can find a Mjolnir Necklace, similiar to the one which Ted Wears? (picture below). Anywhere on the internet, or in Brisbane, Australia would be great. Thanks in advance!

Slender the shape in night, Unbearable the beauty
Shining in the silvery light, Watching me with wistful eyes
Evanescent this vision, Unattainable this illusion
But an image in my troubled dreams, Hewn out of yearning and rue

MySpace
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 11th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
BurningCreation

That one looks awesome. I was looking for a good necklace for ages. I ended up buying this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STERLING-SILVER-...QQcmdZViewItem

It is pretty small though. I like it because it is really solid and it looks awesome.

(It's a lot smaller than it looks in the picture)

Sorry I couldn't help you out much.

Last edited by BurningCreation : August 11th, 2007 at 09:05 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 11th, 2007, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
BurningCreation

I am after a bigger one. If you end up finding a good one please let me know.
Old August 11th, 2007, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tyra

Is it just the pendant you're after, or the whole assembly?
The pendant is available all over the place on the net. Mystic-caravan.com has a selection of hammers at least similar to it, www.excaliburheritage.com/.../pth01.gif has several, and they ship to Australia. Here is one site that has the whole assembly: http://www.jelldragon.com/thors_hammer_necklace.htm
That is going to be the average price for the assembly, unless you're a rock star or something, then you may get a discount... Anyhow, not a cheap thing.

If it is just the pendant you're after, go into Google images and type in thors hammer pendant, and a 2340 pics come up. Then, you can choose one...
Good luck!
Old August 11th, 2007, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
FriendOfTheSuncross89

Theres a terrific store i found in San Diego that has so many thors hammers, dont know if its a chain store or if its just this one its called, the little viking or somthing like that its a perty cool store i think im going to buy a knife there today
Old August 11th, 2007, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maggot9
Amon Amarth Viking

I bought mine from https://wodanesdag.com/pp-cat2.html

came with the chain and also a leather strap. pendant is awesome, though it starts getting dirty some time after you wear it.
Old August 11th, 2007, 07:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Reaping Clarity
The Grimmest Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyra View Post
Is it just the pendant you're after, or the whole assembly?
The pendant is available all over the place on the net. Mystic-caravan.com has a selection of hammers at least similar to it, www.excaliburheritage.com/.../pth01.gif has several, and they ship to Australia. Here is one site that has the whole assembly: http://www.jelldragon.com/thors_hammer_necklace.htm
That is going to be the average price for the assembly, unless you're a rock star or something, then you may get a discount... Anyhow, not a cheap thing.

If it is just the pendant you're after, go into Google images and type in thors hammer pendant, and a 2340 pics come up. Then, you can choose one...
Good luck!
Haha, I don't plan on spending THAT much for a necklace, metal over silver will do fine

Slender the shape in night, Unbearable the beauty
Shining in the silvery light, Watching me with wistful eyes
Evanescent this vision, Unattainable this illusion
But an image in my troubled dreams, Hewn out of yearning and rue

MySpace
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
PaganThunder
Wotansvolk

mines pretty massive, got it from Nuclear Blast, 50 Euro though, but it's fuckin killer.
Liars, cheats, cunts and fucken whores..I want you all against the fucken wall. You are traitors to everything that was ever yours. There's nothing left for this world but WAR. THE ETERNAL GLORY OF WAR!.
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
amon666
Johan's Double :D

omg, i'm lookin for one too, lool my birthday cake was amon amarth and thors hammer in it, i've searched everywhere but i couldnt find it, if anybody knows where it is in canada plz tell me, ontairo would be better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrymfal View Post
7. Don't start threads asking when AA will play your town. We are a group of disparate internet dwellers, not ticketmaster representatives.
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Bill S.
Sanity is too overrated

Hey Friendofthesuncross, are you talking about the Little Viking shop in Seaport Village? Or perhaps a different store altogether? A member of my kindred had mentioned that place, and I had gone there like a year ago, and they didn't really have squat in regards to Thor's Hammers. I actually went in there again today after seeing your post, and it was kind of the same thing. They maybe had like 6 different designs, and it was a mixture of pewter and a couple of silver ones. Nothing that really appealed to me, although they had one big pewter one that would have been nice if it had been available in silver. But at least it was more of a selection that most of the local pagan shops here have to offer. I actually ended up getting my silver hammer from a place called the Controversial Bookstore, which is up in the North Park area. Damn, we really need a good heathen shop here in town.
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bates
Swamp Yankee

I need to find a new one... unfortunately, my amber one didn't hold up well to daily wear, it's cracked around the mounting post.
I'm liking this one, but I swear I had another one picked out and can't remember where I found it.

Old August 14th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tyra

Bates, wait until you go to Iceland. You dumbass, you should have asked your in-laws to pick one up on DK. They're plentyful and cheap there...
Old August 14th, 2007, 09:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Bates
Swamp Yankee

Yeah, that's where they got me the amber one. This time they got me a nice copy of the Icelander sagas. I'm pondering casting my own, but the weather hasn't been very conducive to metalworking... I don't do 100+ (38C) temps, especially with 95%+ humidity to boot. But silver's not too expensive to buy, and neither is most of the stuff I need to cast... and quite frankly, it's much easier to flex my creativity then my wallet.

Old August 14th, 2007, 09:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Krigloch the Furious
PUT CHILI ON IT!!

dude, make me a silver hammer!!!
Old August 15th, 2007, 06:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
Knarfi
Yaba-daba-doo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
I'm pondering casting my own, but the weather hasn't been very conducive to metalworking... I don't do 100+ (38C) temps, especially with 95%+ humidity to boot. But silver's not too expensive to buy, and neither is most of the stuff I need to cast... and quite frankly, it's much easier to flex my creativity then my wallet.
Damn, that would be so awesome.. wish i could do that
I bought my silver one in Norway by the way
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bates
Swamp Yankee

Hehe, you guys can tell me how awesome it is when I manage to do it. Praise the blade once tested and all that. I'm still trying to work out exactly how to do it, most of the methods tend to require equipment I don't have, so I might just do it old school... rough casting and do the details by hand.

Old August 15th, 2007, 07:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tyra

Lost wax is not very expensive...
Old August 17th, 2007, 12:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bates
Swamp Yankee

Yeah, but I'm not totally sure how to do it, and most of the guides I've found are a bit more high tech then I work at.

Old August 18th, 2007, 09:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Viral Icon
Awesome.
If you are still looking to buy one, these guys have a nice selection.
Old August 19th, 2007, 05:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bates
Swamp Yankee

Clay prototype for a trial run. I went simple, since I'm not so great at fine details, but will do some cleanup with the wax copy.

Old August 20th, 2007, 01:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Tyra

Oooh, nice!
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
DragonKeeper
czarica i pijana

Nice hammer Bates! I like the twisting
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Tyra

Me too. Your SCA name can be VolundR!
Old August 21st, 2007, 04:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
Bates
Swamp Yankee

Weylund Smiš!
I'd feel less pretentious calling myself Žorsson, honestly. Supposed to cool off this weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to do some trial casts. Gonna do some pewter(ish, bulk leadfree solder ) ones, and once I'm satisfied with them I'm gonna get me some silver!

Last edited by Bates : August 21st, 2007 at 04:51 PM. Reason: You'd think I'd be able to spell things in my own language right
Old August 22nd, 2007, 07:55 AM   #25 (permalink)
Reinhold

Have you heard about Kalevala Koru?

Quote:
Kalevala Koru designs, produces and sells high quality gold, silver and bronze jewelry. Kalevala Koru is the largest jewelry manufacturer in Finland and one of the largest in Scandinavia. The ground of design is strongly based on Finnish and Scandinavian culture combining the historical heritage with modern life alike.
Among their other nice designs, they've got this quite popular Ukonvasara [Ukko's hammer] pendant (they call it Thor's hammer in their website, but it's generally called Ukonvasara). I like it's simple design very much, and it's pretty strong too.

Here you go: (sorry it's quite big, but I couldn't figure out how to resize it.)

http://www.kalevalakoru.fi/