Amon Amarth  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Amon Amarth
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 3rd, 2008, 05:44 PM   #76 (permalink)
waif

Dissection are fucking badass.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 3rd, 2008, 05:49 PM   #77 (permalink)
waif

Quote:
Originally Posted by F_Slim View Post
I think Wulfgar are great! Only band I know that comes close to AA ... sounds similar at first glance, but they do have their own style. Hope there's more to come from them ...

http://www.wulfgar.se
http://www.myspace.com/wulfgarse
Good call. Good stuff. Pretty similar, but not the same. Thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 4th, 2008, 12:01 PM   #78 (permalink)
False Joe
Who cares.

Just bought the Wulfgar CD.

Fucking good stuff man.
Old March 4th, 2008, 06:37 PM   #79 (permalink)

http://www.myspace.com/chastisement1

free to download
Old March 4th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #80 (permalink)
VitalAmarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreInFlames View Post
I'll forgive what you said about In Flames because it's obvious you've only heard their new stuff. Check out anything pre-Clayman - especially Lunar Strain, Subterranean, and The Jester Race. Radically different. Vocals are similar to Dark Tranquility, but significantly better up till Colony

As far as Vital Remains goes, I think most people here might dig Dechristianize. The drum sound is such that the blast beats don't really intrude to much, and it's really not all that abrasive. Some parts are fuckin' groovy. Also, that melody on Dechristianize is by far the best melody I've ever heard. I'm willing to bet they stole it from some classical piece (safe bet considering that the first song is literally just a classical song (O Fortuna) (perens inside perens? Woa!) with overdubs).
Believe me, i didnt just make an ignorant statement after just hearing In Flames latest work. i know they sold out. i have heard a bit of their older stuff including jester race, cuz ive heard thats them at their best. ill go ahead and give it a few more spins, maybe itll grow on me.

As far as that Dech. melody being the best lead EVER, u r not fucking kidding my friend. It's brilliance like that that makes it the only album keeping WOOOS from bring my fav. album of all time. no sir, its not ripped off, dave suzuki is just a genius. i dont get y u would think that. yes they used a classical piece as an intro, but the band admitted that. they wouldnt be able to write a whole album of brilliant melodies that were stolen without somebody noticing it. and i know its not that abrasive, not to u and me at least, i was just speaking from the average AA fan's perspective, cuz ive noticed that most of them r inclined to listen to folk/viking/black much more than brutal death. but yes, i would recommend it to anyone who likes blast beats. but my main point again is, those melodies were completely original. Dave suzuki specializes in classical music and is far too talented to steal leads

Last edited by VitalAmarth : March 4th, 2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old March 5th, 2008, 10:17 AM   #81 (permalink)
waif

I only said that because it had a very classical sound. Love that melody.

Well, give Jester Race a shot. As long as you give it a fair chance...
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:07 PM   #82 (permalink)
Beave
a.k.a. "that lil' angel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitalAmarth View Post
As far as that Dech. melody being the best lead EVER, u r not fucking kidding my friend.
What's the name of the song you're referring to? I must check it out myself to see if it lives up to the hype..

Last edited by Beave : March 5th, 2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old March 5th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #83 (permalink)
Blutaar
RAVENSBURGER

I think he means the title song with the killer sweep melody within - indeed crazy shit. But I don´t like their pseudo brutal style it is kind of funny. And their new album is not that good.

Dechristianize Vid:
3. Black Messiah "Of Myths and Legends"
4. New Battlesword
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #84 (permalink)
Beave
a.k.a. "that lil' angel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutaar View Post
I think he means the title song with the killer sweep melody within - indeed crazy shit. But I don´t like their pseudo brutal style it is kind of funny. And their new album is not that good.
Thanx for the link Blutaar.

I also agree with your take on them. A brilliant melody in an otherwise mediocre tune. I'd almost borrow money to bet that melody has its roots outside of the band.
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #85 (permalink)
waif

The rest of the song is pretty decent, but yeah, that melody elevates it into brilliance, especially when the gallop comes in under it.
I'll trust VitalAmarth. They wrote that melody themselves. BTW, that's not sweeping.
Old March 7th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #86 (permalink)
Aurvandils tá
Skiede godt Egon!

Location: Flensburg, Danish border (where the dead walk(sometimes(near Wacken)))
Helritt is another fucking black band you should try out

Old March 7th, 2008, 04:58 PM   #87 (permalink)
truemmer

Some harder stuff with folk influence! Myrkgrav!

http://www.myrkgrav.com/
Old March 8th, 2008, 05:57 PM   #88 (permalink)
False Joe
Who cares.

Wulfgar arrived today.

Fucking awesome.

That is all.
Old March 25th, 2008, 02:08 PM   #89 (permalink)
kuti
blastfucker of Manifest
Quote:
Originally Posted by F_Slim View Post
I think Wulfgar are great! Only band I know that comes close to AA ... sounds similar at first glance, but they do have their own style. Hope there's more to come from them ...

http://www.wulfgar.se
http://www.myspace.com/wulfgarse
FUCK...ME! Just blew my speakers away, gotta buy! Not that often i've found a band which found my sweetspot right away, last band honestly were AA.