Amon Amarth  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Amon Amarth
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:56 PM   #126 (permalink)
Celtik Militia
Dumb French Bastard

As for Stockholm hatred, i'm guessing its the usual thing... people tend to dislike residents of the capital. Same thing in France, parisians aren't the most liked.. but all in all its more teezing than hatred.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #127 (permalink)
Rae_of_Sunshine

To me, we're all humans. I don't care who is has what color hair, eyes or skin. I don't care about their religion. I think all people should have the same freedoms and rights. I don't blame them for trying to make a better life for themselves.

The left doesn't make the rich richer and the poor poorer. That's a right wingers job.
Old May 30th, 2008, 01:41 PM   #128 (permalink)
SentinelSlain
===============

The problem is people try to start their communist world state ideas on soft target western democratic countries. That won't lead to a better world.

Also if they are right then why do they need to ignore certain things or cook up a fuss and, for example not allow a show to be televised because it shows asian paedophile gangs that target white children. Fuck the dream world I'd like a bit of reality. If people react to it and vote out the liberals then that's democracy. Don't cry over it .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 30th, 2008, 03:24 PM   #129 (permalink)
Sonia G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beave View Post
Haha...also, why the negativity towards Stockholm residents?

Must be something like here in the states, where many Americans find, say, Californians to be flakey, shallow, and obsessively materialistic. Others, like New Yorkers, are said to be grumpy and cynical. Mind you these stereotypes are not without foundation.

Yeah, I think in all countries happens the same. Here in Spain, people from Madrid criticize Catalonians because they say we are mean () and we Catalonians say that people from Madrid are show-off, and the most of Spanish say that people from Andalucia are lazy. The thing is that I don't think the feelings is of hate between us, I think it's a kind of "rivalry", for example with football and so on. Of course there are people here that hates others but fortunatelly they are not the majority.
aniré al cel, on passaré una llarga temporada. (Pere Calders)

'Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.'
Old May 30th, 2008, 03:30 PM   #130 (permalink)
Sonia G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae_of_Sunshine View Post
To me, we're all humans. I don't care who is has what color hair, eyes or skin. I don't care about their religion. I think all people should have the same freedoms and rights. I don't blame them for trying to make a better life for themselves.

The left doesn't make the rich richer and the poor poorer. That's a right wingers job.
I absolutely second that !, but I think it's not very possitive to regularize "massively" documents of people from abroad in order to make them to be "legally" in a country. I think it should be done and that they have the right to look for a better way of life, but it has to be done very carefully.

Old May 30th, 2008, 06:15 PM   #131 (permalink)
Blind Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnoff View Post
Sort of thought the same, but didn't post myself.

I've lived in:
Umeå, Östersund, Örnsköldsvik, Sundsvall, Stockholm, Landskrona and Göteborg.
Not once in either of these cities have people said anything in regards to hate of the Sami people.

Though I have heard it from people living around Kiruna and such, guess they are way closer to the actual action.

I would not go so far as to call them the most hated group of Sweden though, not by a long shot.

I'd say people from Stockholm are probably more hated in Sweden than the Sami...
Where in Ö-vik did you live?
Old May 31st, 2008, 06:40 AM   #132 (permalink)
gnoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsson View Post
Where in Ö-vik did you live?
First time:
86-91 Domsjö
91-93 City
(US in between)
94-95 City
(Östersund in between)
96-96 Gullänget

Second time:
03-03 Åmynnet (Bjästa)
03-05 Gullänget
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:19 AM   #133 (permalink)
Celtik Militia
Dumb French Bastard

Quote:
To me, we're all humans.
*clap* *clap* *clap*

I hope you do realise this isn't an argument and the whole situation is much more complex.

Quote:
I don't care who is has what color hair, eyes or skin. I don't care about their religion. I think all people should have the same freedoms and rights. I don't blame them for trying to make a better life for themselves.

I never mentioned the color of the skin or anything cowgirl. But incidently, it is quite a shame. Multiracial societies lead to inter-racial breeding, and incedently.. pacive genocide. Thats what the white australians wanted to do with the aboriginals, and in that case all the leftists agree that it was a horrible thing to do. White people in general, today, are so ethnomasochist that they don't have the notion of the uniqueness of their ancestry, heritage and culture, and how fragile it is. So they sell it out, and meanwhile they praise non-whites' ancestry.

And indeed, far left doesn't intend to make poor people poorer, and richer people richer. But with the mass immigration they prone this is whats going to happen. So to stop that they'll do what they've always done throughout history (which would be logical) : kill the bosses and the rich and the land owners.. and that way, everyone can be happilly poor untill far left loses power again and Europe is again divided into two economically opposed parts.
Old May 31st, 2008, 05:59 PM   #134 (permalink)
Patrick R.

Quote:

Would you mind people of European descent creating a nation for their own interest or at least restrict non-white immigration into our ancient homelands? Immigration into the West has little to do with non-Europeans wanting a better way of life. This is an attempt to change the racial demographics of the West. Then what? Do we really need another Latin America that consist of numerous races?

You know what would really make non-Westerners happy? If America and Great Britain would pull out of their homelands...that sure would make them a lot more happy then a welfare check. If non-Europeans could live without white influence, that would make them really happy. If Western politicians want to assist non-European nations financially, they should at least take care of their own people first and make sure they are properly educated with the technical skills to keep their nations in the first world. After that, send them add to their own country, rather then ship millions of them into the West.
Old May 31st, 2008, 07:30 PM   #135 (permalink)
Beave
a.k.a. "that lil' angel"

Quote:
[color="Pink"]To me, we're all humans. I don't care who is has what color hair, eyes or skin. I don't care about their religion. I think all people should have the same freedoms and rights. I don't blame them for trying to make a better life for themselves.
Those are some really nice leftist cliches you just recited there. Everyone together now: "Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya..."

It's an interesting phenomenon though that when non-Europeans want better lives they seek to live amongst Europeans, but Europeans wanting better lives generally seek to move away from non-Europeans.

But i guess it's not politically correct for us to point out that, in America for instance, black men rape white women 100x more frequently than white men rape black women. Same goes with the racially disproportionate rates of robbery, homicide, etc. However, it's perfectly acceptable to remind white people again and again of the crimes of their ancestors.

Here's a rather common sentiment amongst leftists:

"Mozart, Pascal, Boolean algebra, Shakespeare, parliamentary government, baroque churches, Newton, the emancipation of women, Kant, Balanchine ballets, et al. don't redeem what this particular civilization has wrought upon the world. The white race is the cancer of human history."

- Susan Sontag, leftist dipshit extraordinaire

Call me crazy, but i'd say it's high time for Westerners to pull their collective heads out of their collective asses.

Last edited by Beave : May 31st, 2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old May 31st, 2008, 07:39 PM   #136 (permalink)
Beave
a.k.a. "that lil' angel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonia G View Post
Yeah, I think in all countries happens the same. Here in Spain, people from Madrid criticize Catalonians because they say we are mean () and we Catalonians say that people from Madrid are show-off, and the most of Spanish say that people from Andalucia are lazy. The thing is that I don't think the feelings is of hate between us, I think it's a kind of "rivalry", for example with football and so on. Of course there are people here that hates others but fortunatelly they are not the majority.
Haha...yeah, that's kinda how i figured it was in Sweden, too....more or less a "hometown pride" kinda thing..
Old June 1st, 2008, 03:58 PM   #137 (permalink)
Phelice
HAPPIEST GIRL ON EARTH!!!

Quote:
Anyway, Rae of Sunshine, those are just my views..

But i become less and less interested in human affairs every day as i continue to lose faith in humanity in general, with the exception of a very small handful of people. Humans are indeed the worst thing that's happened to this planet.

As long as people are nice to animals and the environment, then i don't really care what the fuck they do, even if i think it's stupid.
Gonna join you on that one, pally!+

Edit... sorry, didn't mean to go back off-topic again... but it had to be said lol

Quote:
Beave: Oh you crack me up!. You and your phelice-isms..
Unfreeze the Criminality!

Yes, I eat your eating's eating. Deal with it.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 05:50 AM   #138 (permalink)
Celtik Militia
Dumb French Bastard

Humanity is probably the most amazing thing that happened to this earth and to a fairly big part of the universe (if not all of it.. but I don't think we're the only intelligent beings in the whole universe).

Ok, we tend to destroy nature which is a terrible thing, but think of what we've created! You're here sitting in front of your computer screen taking it for granted... a fucking computer screen? I mean how the hell do we make those? think about it. Its incredible, its just so unnatural!
Old June 2nd, 2008, 11:13 AM   #139 (permalink)
Tomasz
outdoor type

you all are white devils

Old June 2nd, 2008, 02:40 PM   #140 (permalink)
Phelice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtik Militia View Post
I mean how the hell do we make those?
By destroying nature and eliding other beings needs and life. As you said

Quote:

Old June 2nd, 2008, 05:22 PM   #141 (permalink)
Bates
Swamp Yankee

My simple solution... more war, less people.

Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:58 PM   #142 (permalink)
Beave
a.k.a. "that lil' angel"

Quote:
Humanity is probably the most amazing thing that happened to this earth and to a fairly big part of the universe
Well, that would be the anthropocentric view, and possibly you're right. But, at the risk of sounding like some half-baked bongo playing hippie, maybe some far greater form of intelligence is looking down at us the same way we look at ants? Maybe we just have a completely over-inflated sense of self-importance?

Ok..that sounded dumb, but whatever the case, i guess i'm a bit of a misanthrope. I mean, let's face it, for the most part humans are a bunch of lying, selfish, greedy, backstabbing pieces of crap - probably even myself included. Maybe these sordid attributes have become even more acute in present-day humans with the rise of self-indulgent consumerism on the one hand (courtesy of capitalist asswipes), and the deterioration of the sense of 'honor' on the other hand (thanks to idiotic cultural Marxists). We can certainly see these forces at work as Westerners disgrace their ancestors and willing participate in the destruction of the civilization they inherited - the greatest, most creative civilization ever built.

Haha... i don't really know what i'm getting at....i'm not sure what i'm trying to say...

...but the beauty and innocence of animals and nature is incredibly refreshing and precious to me in contrast to the steaming pile of shit that is humanity.

Christ. I don't think i'm making any sense. Will only Phelice understand me?

Last edited by Beave : June 2nd, 2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 10:04 PM   #143 (permalink)
Beave
a.k.a. "that lil' angel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
My simple solution... more war, less people.
Now you're talkin'. And if that don't work, then maybe the "12 Monkeys" approach might be warranted.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 11:23 PM   #144 (permalink)
amon666
Johan's Double :D

well i must point out, after reading all what u guys have said,

@ celtik: u think the "immigrants" are only migrating to eroup? dude come over here espically in dubai, its full of eroupians, they come to middel east with amazingly high salary while the locals dont get as much, u think thats fair? so stop bitching about us moving to eroup, cuz u guys are doing the same.
i dont have anything against it, but as long as we are not complaning how come u r?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrymfal View Post
7. Don't start threads asking when AA will play your town. We are a group of disparate internet dwellers, not ticketmaster representatives.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 01:38 PM   #145 (permalink)
Celtik Militia
Dumb French Bastard

Quote:
Christ. I don't think i'm making any sense. Will only Phelice understand me?
No, you actually do make a lot of sense and I like what you wrote and agree mostly.
I was just trying to be against the tide, since anti-human feelings seem to be the trend amongst metalheads
Also, yes, humans are selfish, backstabbing assholes full of hatred and such.. but we've also got qualities : love (without wanting to sound emo), kindness, helping eachother, courage (sometimes), imagination..etc.. things which relatively speaking are weak in the animal world if not non-existant for most of the species.
there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amon666 View Post
well i must point out, after reading all what u guys have said,

@ celtik: u think the "immigrants" are only migrating to eroup? dude come over here espically in dubai, its full of eroupians, they come to middel east with amazingly high salary while the locals dont get as much, u think thats fair? so stop bitching about us moving to eroup, cuz u guys are doing the same.
i dont have anything against it, but as long as we are not complaning how come u r?
Oh, I hadn't realised there were millions and millions of european immigrants in Dubai.... *sarcasm off*
And I never said immigrants only migrate to Europe. Thats the problem with debates with people who absolutely don't agree with your stand.. they tend to make you say things you didn't.
I am against mass immigration. I know the UAE are absolutely stock full of immigrants, if my memory serves me correctly there are far more immigrants than nationals in the UAE. The fact of the matter is the hugest majority aren't european.
And immigrants in Europe make the salaries go down.. be happy european immigrants in the UAE don't do the same, cause thats one of the worst consequences of immigration... and i'm not going to start talking about the other bad consequences of immigration to Europe such as rising criminality rates for example which I'm pretty sure europeans don't contribute to in the UAE....

But you don't seem to understand my thought of the situation. Its not a question of "us" or "you"... I don't dislike "you", or non-europeans, or even immigrants in general. I hate leftists who make mass immigration, hence the permanent destruction of our identity, race, culture and continent, possible. Its normal for a human being to seek a better life elsewhere. Only i'd be much more strict in terms of immigration policies. Especially that many immigrants here in Europe tend to lack the qualities to be a good integrated citizen.
And if "you" don't complain about "your" immigrants it doesn't mean I can't complain about "mine". I react like that simply because, personally, I don't really enjoy taking it up the ass, so I try to do something about it.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:14 PM   #146 (permalink)
Sonia G

Quote:
Only i'd be much more strict in terms of immigration policies. Especially that many immigrants here in Europe tend to lack the qualities to be a good integrated citizen.
I agree with you in this. But the problem is that those people come to our countries because they have lots of problems in their own countries. Here in Spain, lots of old people, for example from Germany, come to Spain when they retire because here, for them that they have better salaries that we have, they can buy a little house in the coast (Mallorca is full of German, for example); or they come here because of the sun, the good weather and so on. But the people that comes from Morocco, from Pakistan, or any other African country... they don't come here because of the weather, or to buy a pretty house, they come here because probably they have nothing to eat. And to be hungry makes people do things like crossing the Strait of Gibraltar in a small boat taking the risk of a death in the middle of the sea. When a person does this, with the awareness of the risk of death, is because they really need the opportunity of having a job and to eat at least once a day.
I disagree with the massive inmigration too. In Spain this is a real problem, but... wouldn't be better that we (I mean European and American Governments, not we normal citizens) to help them to take advantage of their own land, to help them to find a job there, in order they have food in the fridge everyday, or have the possibility of living in a flat instead of living in the street?
I think if they hadn't the real need of moving from their countries, they wouldn't come here.

Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:30 PM   #147 (permalink)
gnoff

Quote:
Christ. I don't think i'm making any sense.

After an evening filled with home made beer, commercial mead and some whisky this is the one line I really stuck to.

I guess I'm not making sense either
Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:16 PM   #148 (permalink)
Beave
a.k.a. "that lil' angel"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnoff View Post
After an evening filled with home made beer, commercial mead and some whisky this is the one line I really stuck to.

I guess I'm not making sense either
Heheh..nah, my post probably just makes it seem like you're drunker than you actually are.
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:06 AM   #149 (permalink)
HaloSlayer

I have lived in Denmark for a couple months just for work. I liked it there. The people were and I guess still are very friendly. Say, what was that spiced whiskey they gave us every Friday morning. Something like doppleganger I think it was called. I could only do one or two shots but the locals I worked with would to five or six. And I have to say I loved all the open faced sandwich meals. They also had all kinds of schnapps. They would bring out a tray of assorted schnapps after dinner that had all kinds of flavors.

Do any of you live there? If you do could you tell me if King Diamond is like a national star or anything. I was in Coppenhagen and I never saw anything on him. The people I worked with were all corporate exec types and not into metal so I didn't ask them.

As for the off topic discussion, isn't funny how all the countries that people bitch about are the ones people are trying to get into. I mean I have a friend from Canada who bitches about America but I always end the conversation with "Well, you are the one who moved here." I'm a libertarian. I don't care what you do as long as I don't have to pay for it. Have an abortion, do drugs and smoke whatever you want. I just don't want to pay a penny in taxes for you to do it. And I don't want to pay for your needles or your rehab or your hospital bills. So have all the freedom you want. Just pay your own bills.
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #150 (permalink)
Phelice

So... I have been reading until half of Celtik's post but I have to get rid of this here before I go on... Prolly more shit to come out of my head after I read on

Amon666... I wish I had YOUR problems, really... I mean WTF???
You see, I work at the animal shelter here, and I every day I see humans fucking the basic needs of animals like a piece of shit... maybe my point of view grew more acute since I have my "new" job in january, but I always respected animals higher than humans, because it IS as Beave said: They ARE the better species, because they don't care a fucking shit about stuff like immigrants or computers or fashion or whatever silly, childish stuff this human race is making the center of their lifes. Including me.
Don't get me wrong, I am not THAT anti-human, I help people when there is need and stuff... but that's again the point: they shit your head as saying thank you. Rescue a dog or a cat that has been crashed by a car, he/she will be thankful until the end of his/her life.

Anyway, about that fucking immigrant-"problem": In my humble opinion, it is not a good idea to migrate to a country of another culture, especially when the cultural differences are as huge as between muslims and christians. You guys will never find the least common denominator. I see it like that: Christians are radical hypocrital asshole pretenders, and muslims are radical anti-everything-that-is-not-like-us-assholes. Get along with it, you will never fit together.
No matter if you are religious or not, you are from different cultures. Unless you are very tolerant, you won't become friends. But why should you anyway.

Gosh now I know what Beave feels like when he is trying to explain what he means...

Quote: