Amon Amarth  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Amon Amarth
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
amon666
Johan's Double :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreInFlames View Post
Nay, Northern European - good blood. (oops)
But you live in England. Which means you're either an English pig (we don't want you in Ireland!) or some Pakiwhosit immigrant. I'll call you Ahmed Mully-bully Mohammad Mohammad Jihad.
my fathers name is Mohammed Jihad

and my first name is Ahmed

my full name is

Ahmed Mohammed Jihad Hamdan Ibrahim Hamdan Dahleh.. etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrymfal View Post
7. Don't start threads asking when AA will play your town. We are a group of disparate internet dwellers, not ticketmaster representatives.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
In Aeternum

Quote:
Where do you live? What school?
If it's Newton North we can't be friends. (JK, I don't have any school pride).
We should meet at a show sometime. Are you going to summer slaugher?

This forum ain't big enough for 2 Joes. One of us will have to go by Jose.
*touches nose*
PM sent regarding some of my personal info. I like to maintain a semi-anonymous profile
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
waif
Anoint My Phallus

Okay.
You ever go to any shows at the Avalon? Good venue, very easy to get to and shit. Too bad they closed it. Looks like they're gonna reopen it and there'll be some metal shows there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Anybody who doesn't realize that Manowar is the ultimate pinnacle of heterosexuality has a fundamental misunderstanding of manhood, and possibly of metal as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMetalhead View Post
Interchangeability of thought occurs through the experience of listening thus formulating a change of discern.

A proud participant in the Tom Brady Ignore-A-Thon.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
In Aeternum

Quote:
Okay.
You ever go to any shows at the Avalon? Good venue, very easy to get to and shit. Too bad they closed it. Looks like they're gonna reopen it and there'll be some metal shows there...
I've only been to the Middle East (for a rare all ages ska show) and the Orpheum for shows.

It sorta sucks that most metal shows are at the Palladium all the way out in Worcester. It's good news that the Avalon is reopening.
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
waif
Anoint My Phallus

Yeah. I was at the Orpheum recently for Prog Nation, but it's definitely no good for most metal gigs. There are some shows at non-all ages venues and bars and shit, but can't fucking get in...best thing about the Avalon is I can walk there.

Quote:
Anybody who doesn't realize that Manowar is the ultimate pinnacle of heterosexuality has a fundamental misunderstanding of manhood, and possibly of metal as well.
Quote:
Interchangeability of thought occurs through the experience of listening thus formulating a change of discern.

Old June 7th, 2008, 08:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
In Aeternum

Quote:
Yeah. I was at the Orpheum recently for Prog Nation, but it's definitely no good for most metal gigs. There are some shows at non-all ages venues and bars and shit, but can't fucking get in...best thing about the Avalon is I can walk there.
It's a quick Red Line trip for me.

Was the Avalon an all-ages venue?

And I was also at Prog Nation. It was my first time seeing Opeth.
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:49 PM   #32 (permalink)
waif
Anoint My Phallus

Avalon was a club, but the shows were all ages iirc.
Wasn't 3 fucking badass? I got their CD digipak, has a DVD recorded at the Palladium. I'm upset I missed that show.
BTW, were you at the AA show a while back with Thy Will Be Done and Sonic Syndicate?

Quote:
Quote:

Old June 7th, 2008, 08:50 PM   #33 (permalink)
In Aeternum

Quote:
Avalon was a club, but the shows were all ages iirc.
Wasn't 3 fucking badass? I got their CD digipak, has a DVD recorded at the Palladium. I'm upset I missed that show.
BTW, were you at the AA show a while back with Thy Will Be Done and Sonic Syndicate?
Was that on Dec. 1? Unfortunately, no, and I hated myself for not going. I've never been to the Palladium. If that show had been in Boston, though, I probably would have gone to it.

Yes, 3 was so kickass. I had listened to two of their albums before, but holy shit they rocked live. BTBAM was meh, Opeth was awesome, and I left halfway through Dream Theater
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM   #34 (permalink)
waif
Anoint My Phallus

I wanted to leave during DT but my friends were there for them.
Should have gone to the AA show. I was in the front row and it was tits. (Unfortunately, Johan's tits, which happen to be outlined very clearly when his shirt gets all sweaty) Great show. Probably my favorite ever.

Quote:
Quote:

Old June 7th, 2008, 09:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
In Aeternum

Quote:
I wanted to leave during DT but my friends were there for them.
Should have gone to the AA show. I was in the front row and it was tits. (Unfortunately, Johan's tits, which happen to be outlined very clearly when his shirt gets all sweaty) Great show. Probably my favorite ever.
Well, maybe when they come back they'll go to this House of Blues (Avalon)?
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:15 PM   #36 (permalink)
waif
Anoint My Phallus

Maybe. Doubt it, though. Palladium's bigger.

Quote:
Quote:

Old June 8th, 2008, 12:55 AM   #37 (permalink)
metalheadjohn666
No life till leather.

Name's John. 22, from England. Beer, metal, Atheism and horror films/games/novels are my main interests. Am a History graduate from Newcastle University, and am unemployed! Hurrah!
Old June 8th, 2008, 02:13 AM   #38 (permalink)
Beave
a.k.a. "that lil' angel"

If you're ever at a dog park and you run into some guy who reminds you of a cross between Jeff Spicoli in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and that professor dude from "Gilligans Island", chances are you've met the Beave.

That's how this one girl i know describes me anyway. But yeah.. if you see me do say "hi." You can call me whatever you want - beave, daniel, danny, dan, danimal, danelope - just don't call me late for lunch.
Old June 8th, 2008, 08:36 AM   #39 (permalink)
Vegetarian
Godless Vegetarian

Quote:
Where do you live? What school?
If it's Newton North we can't be friends. (JK, I don't have any school pride).
We should meet at a show sometime. Are you going to summer slaugher?

This forum ain't big enough for 2 Joes. One of us will have to go by Jose.
*touches nose*
You do that too? The only people I've known to play the nose game are kids at my school.

Galder: The coolest looking guy on Earth. He looks like a fucking early 1900s body builder with his bald head and mustache!!!

Lol, Dexter, you have corpse paint on the wrong place! It's supposed to be on your face, not your arm! Oh that's a real corpse? Nevermind.
Old June 8th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #40 (permalink)
Vegetarian
Godless Vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Forth and Die View Post
Well what's the last thing you did?

We made an empire, colonised an entire new country and forced out the inhabitants into tiny reserves, made football, made Vinnie Jones.
I'm pretty sure you made soccer, not football.

Galder: The coolest looking guy on Earth. He looks like a fucking early 1900s body builder with his bald head and mustache!!!

Lol, Dexter, you have corpse paint on the wrong place! It's supposed to be on your face, not your arm! Oh that's a real corpse? Nevermind.
Old June 8th, 2008, 08:45 AM   #41 (permalink)
False Joe
Who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetarian View Post
I'm pretty sure you made soccer, not football.
We made Rugby Football and Association Football.
Association Football is soccer.
We made football.

You made American football. Shitty mix of the two
Old June 8th, 2008, 08:49 AM   #42 (permalink)
Vegetarian
Godless Vegetarian

Quote:
We made Rugby Football and Association Football.
Association Football is soccer.
We made football.

You made American football. Shitty mix of the two
No, you made soccer (lame), and we made real football (amazing).

Old June 8th, 2008, 08:56 AM   #43 (permalink)
False Joe
Who cares.

Quote:
No, you made soccer (lame), and we made real football (amazing).
This sentence is so full of epic fucking fail and historical inconsistencies that it hurts me inside.
Old June 8th, 2008, 09:06 AM   #44 (permalink)
Vegetarian
Godless Vegetarian

Quote:
This sentence is so full of epic fucking fail and historical inconsistencies that it hurts me inside.
Well I'm glad it hurts you inside; you deserve it for liking the terrible sport known as soccer.

Old June 8th, 2008, 09:15 AM   #45 (permalink)
False Joe
Who cares.

Quote:
Well I'm glad it hurts you inside; you deserve it for liking the terrible sport known as soccer.
Well I don't.

You dislike soccer. I like football.

Soccer is football played by yanks. Yanks can't play football for shit. I've watched the MLS.
Football played by good players is ace.

American Football is an awful game.
"Lets throw the ball"
"He dropped it, something excited might happen, OWAITNO. We have to restart the game. And let the teams change their players around"

Rinse. Repeat. For 1,002,343 times.
Old June 8th, 2008, 09:21 AM   #46 (permalink)
Vegetarian
Godless Vegetarian

Quote:
Well I don't.

You dislike soccer. I like football.

Soccer is football played by yanks. Yanks can't play football for shit. I've watched the MLS.
Football played by good players is ace.

American Football is an awful game.
"Lets throw the ball"
"He dropped it, something excited might happen, OWAITNO. We have to restart the game. And let the teams change their players around"

Rinse. Repeat. For 1,002,343 times.
No, you like soccer. There is no football other than what is played in America.

That's what makes Football so great. There is actually something called STRATEGY! Soccer, while fun to play, and requiring much skill, has virtually no strategy. Football is not only exciting to watch, but also intellectually stimulating due to the many plays that can be called at a certain time. It is fascinating to watch and find out how good the defense's plays are against the offense's plays. Also, the individual player match-ups at certain positions are intriguing, unlike anything in soccer.

Old June 8th, 2008, 09:31 AM   #47 (permalink)
False Joe
Who cares.

Have you actually watched a professional FOOTBALL game the whole way through?

Ever?
Old June 8th, 2008, 09:42 AM   #48 (permalink)
Vegetarian
Godless Vegetarian

Quote:
Have you actually watched a professional SOCCER game the whole way through?

Ever?
No. And why should I? It's far too boring to watch for long periods of time (granted I think that way about most sports). There is very little strategy in SOCCER. Sure there are minor tactical modifications that can be made to the positions of the players and how they play, but nothing so major as in FOOTBALL.

Old June 8th, 2008, 09:50 AM   #49 (permalink)
False Joe
Who cares.

Then you can't say anything about the way FOOTBALL is played you twat
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:03 AM   #50 (permalink)
Vegetarian
Godless Vegetarian

Quote:
Then you can't say anything about the way SOCCER is played you twat
Well then explain to me, is there anything in SOCCER that includes actual strategy or can be intellectually stimulating?