Amon Amarth  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Amon Amarth
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:04 AM   #51 (permalink)
waif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetarian View Post
You do that too? The only people I've known to play the nose game are kids at my school.
I am in high school...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:10 AM   #52 (permalink)
Vegetarian
Godless Vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreInFlames View Post
I am in high school...
Yea, but I didn't know that anyone outside of my high school did that. Obviously I was way wrong.

Galder: The coolest looking guy on Earth. He looks like a fucking early 1900s body builder with his bald head and mustache!!!

Lol, Dexter, you have corpse paint on the wrong place! It's supposed to be on your face, not your arm! Oh that's a real corpse? Nevermind.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #53 (permalink)
False Joe
Who cares.

Quote:
Well then explain to me, is there anything in SOCCER that includes actual strategy or can be intellectually stimulating?
Football.
The entire fucking formation.

Do you think the manager just says "You 11. Go and play"? No. He has to sort out roles, how each player is meant to use that role, how the defense will play against each attacker (For example, Man Utd v Wigan, Wigan will be outmatched. They'll have to play differently than if they were playing a side in similar quality as them) etc etc.

And explain to me how "Woo. Throw the ball. You run and try and catch it" is intellectually simulating?
Old June 8th, 2008, 11:04 AM   #54 (permalink)
Vegetarian
Godless Vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Forth and Die View Post
Football.
The entire fucking formation.

Do you think the manager just says "You 11. Go and play"? No. He has to sort out roles, how each player is meant to use that role, how the defense will play against each attacker (For example, Man Utd v Wigan, Wigan will be outmatched. They'll have to play differently than if they were playing a side in similar quality as them) etc etc.

And explain to me how "Woo. Throw the ball. You run and try and catch it" is intellectually simulating?
That's about exactly what I thought.

Football is way more strategic than that. The coach has to call a play (quite often; every time they stop, a new play is called) based on the players that are currently playing on the opponent's side, their strengths and weaknesses, what part of the field they're on and many other factors. There are a very large amount of plays available, making it even harder. Put on top of this the fact that he also has to guess what type of play the other team is going to call. Also, he has to decide which players are going to stay in the game for that play. It is also a game where the team has to work together. In football, one weak link will give the other team a distinct advantage.

Galder: The coolest looking guy on Earth. He looks like a fucking early 1900s body builder with his bald head and mustache!!!

Lol, Dexter, you have corpse paint on the wrong place! It's supposed to be on your face, not your arm! Oh that's a real corpse? Nevermind.
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:04 PM   #55 (permalink)
Beave
a.k.a. "that lil' angel"

I really feel sorry for people who will never know the unparalleled awesomeness of American football.
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #56 (permalink)
Fenrisúlfr
ὁ δύσκος λύκος

I'm Alexander, am an electrical engineering student and part-time commodities trader, and may poke around here a bit more. I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere until I can transfer to the distance program at ODU, but once this is complete, there will be many happy 'semesters abroad'.

Last edited by Fenrisúlfr : June 8th, 2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old June 9th, 2008, 01:37 AM   #57 (permalink)
Gazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beave View Post
I really feel sorry for people who will never know the unparalleled awesomeness of American football.
same could be said about those who lack the requisite knowledge of Australian Rules Football.

Now, we don't need to wear amour to protect ourselves
Old June 9th, 2008, 01:42 AM   #58 (permalink)
amon666
Johan's Double :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
same could be said about those who lack the requisite knowledge of Australian Rules Football.

to be fair, even soccor ppl dont wear armour, so that leads us to north americanians who are affraid of there bodies hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrymfal View Post
7. Don't start threads asking when AA will play your town. We are a group of disparate internet dwellers, not ticketmaster representatives.
Old June 9th, 2008, 03:49 AM   #59 (permalink)
False Joe
Who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amon666 View Post
to be fair, even soccor ppl dont wear armour, so that leads us to north americanians who are affraid of there bodies hehe
Old June 9th, 2008, 09:20 AM   #60 (permalink)
Spanish_Lass
Dahar Mistress

Talking Greetings..

Well hello,

Im all new to this place. Im Spanish (surprise) and been living in Scotland for dogs years now... My man introduced me to metal and I introduced him to Amon Amarth about a year ago, so debt was paid.

I teach, translate, interpret, do odd jobs in between, the works
Old June 9th, 2008, 10:01 AM   #61 (permalink)
False Joe
Who cares.

Welcome

Be prepared to go offtopic at every opportunity
Old June 9th, 2008, 10:47 AM   #62 (permalink)
Spanish_Lass
Dahar Mistress

I already have
Old June 9th, 2008, 10:49 AM   #63 (permalink)
False Joe
Who cares.

Good stuff.
Old June 9th, 2008, 11:02 AM   #64 (permalink)
Vegetarian
Godless Vegetarian

Quote:

Fortunately, you don't have to worry about 300-350 pound monsters (who are surprisingly fast for their size) crushing you. :-)

Old June 9th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #65 (permalink)
amon666

Quote:
Fortunately, you don't have to worry about 300-350 pound monsters (who are surprisingly fast for their size) crushing you. :-)
I'm fat, fast, and not American.

Quote:
7. Don't start threads asking when AA will play your town. We are a group of disparate internet dwellers, not ticketmaster representatives.
Old June 9th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #66 (permalink)
waif

Canadian = hockey = same thing, but on ice
Old June 9th, 2008, 07:26 PM   #67 (permalink)
amon666

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreInFlames View Post
Canadian = hockey = same thing, but on ice
I lived in Canada for few months, only. So that doesn't make me Canadanian

Quote:
Old June 9th, 2008, 07:30 PM   #68 (permalink)
Fenrisúlfr
ὁ δύσκος λύκος

Canada > US; at least the Loonie isn't treated like toilet-paper on the forex markets.

Old June 9th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #69 (permalink)
Gazza

Quote:
ever seen rugby league?

same stuff without the armour
Old June 9th, 2008, 07:43 PM   #70 (permalink)
Vegetarian
Godless Vegetarian

Quote:
ever seen rugby league?

same stuff without the armour
If you can prove that at least 1/5 of the team is over 300 pounds, I'll concede that I've lost. However, I really can't see that being true.

Old June 9th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #71 (permalink)
amon666

Quote:
If you can prove that at least 1/5 of the team is over 300 pounds, I'll concede that I've lost. However, I really can't see that being true.
Dude the armour addes like 100 pounds by it self

Quote:
Old June 9th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #72 (permalink)
Gazza

Quote:

what is 300 pounds equivalent to in kilos? let's say roughly 130+kilos. well if you saw some of the size of rugby players then it's safe to say you've lost this battle! mwhahahahaha

hahaha
Old June 9th, 2008, 09:36 PM   #73 (permalink)
Bates
Swamp Yankee

I'll take rugby over either flavor of football any day.

Old June 9th, 2008, 09:49 PM   #74 (permalink)
Brekke
Lady of the Vanir

Enough with the football arguments!! I dont really care for either! hockey's my thing...

Anyway, my name is Birgitte, 24 years of age, I live in North Dakota, been listening to AA for about 9 months actually. The only other time I had been this blown away by the awsomeness of a band was when I discovered BATHORY. But AA by far blew me out of the water more so than any other band. I have been listening to metal for almost all my life, it's just gotten to be progressively darker and scarier metal as the days wear on. The one thing I pride myself in (probably something we all have given a go at) is that I lead the life of a normal person while being a dark metal whore deep inside! Special tidbit-- I have three Norwegian Elkhounds named Odin, Thor and Freya and two barn cats named Hugin and Munin!!

I suppose thats it.
Old June 9th, 2008, 11:26 PM   #75 (permalink)
griev0r
Here is Nowhere

Never realized AA had so many young fans. Seems like most of the posts are from people in their teens who hate Americans, or teenage Americans defending it. Haha, you learn something new every day. I'll add my worthless intro soon, I just really don't like writing about myself and I'm feeling lazy. :d