Amon Amarth  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Amon Amarth
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 10th, 2008, 03:06 AM   #76 (permalink)
Sonia G

Welcome to AA forum community Spanish_Lass! You'll see that people here is really great.

Bienvenida paisana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish_Lass View Post
Well hello,

Im all new to this place. Im Spanish (surprise) and been living in Scotland for dogs years now... My man introduced me to metal and I introduced him to Amon Amarth about a year ago, so debt was paid.

I teach, translate, interpret, do odd jobs in between, the works
aniré al cel, on passaré una llarga temporada. (Pere Calders)

'Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.'
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 10th, 2008, 05:32 AM   #77 (permalink)
Spanish_Lass
Dahar Mistress

Graciès Maca! Im glad to see a fellow Spanish speaker. I studied my undergrad degree in Barcelona and in my uni, metalheads were as rare as hens' teeth... Posh totty was the norm. But I had a great time and keep coming back for more.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 10th, 2008, 10:58 AM   #78 (permalink)
Vegetarian
Godless Vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amon666 View Post
Dude the armour addes like 100 pounds by it self
Maybe, but the player's weights are taken before the games, so those 300 pounders are really 300 pounds, though they may end up even heavier with pads. :-)

Galder: The coolest looking guy on Earth. He looks like a fucking early 1900s body builder with his bald head and mustache!!!

Lol, Dexter, you have corpse paint on the wrong place! It's supposed to be on your face, not your arm! Oh that's a real corpse? Nevermind.
Old June 10th, 2008, 11:01 AM   #79 (permalink)
Vegetarian
Godless Vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
what is 300 pounds equivalent to in kilos? let's say roughly 130+kilos. well if you saw some of the size of rugby players then it's safe to say you've lost this battle! mwhahahahaha

hahaha
300 pounds = 136.077711 kilograms

I saw an article about how some 110 kilogram guys were monsters compared to other rugby players. 110 kilograms = 242.508488 pounds. Yeah, I think I won this battle.

Galder: The coolest looking guy on Earth. He looks like a fucking early 1900s body builder with his bald head and mustache!!!

Lol, Dexter, you have corpse paint on the wrong place! It's supposed to be on your face, not your arm! Oh that's a real corpse? Nevermind.
Old June 11th, 2008, 11:28 PM   #80 (permalink)
griev0r
Here is Nowhere

Ok, I'll chime in on this. My name is Patrick and I live in Vero Beach, Florida. I'm 23 and work as a auto technician for our local Honda dealership. I'm into videogames - mostly RPG's and racing simulations (weird combo?). I also love to play the drums, even if I suck.
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:54 AM   #81 (permalink)
Scatha

I'm from Canada, listened to some Metallica, among others, as a little kid then years later I found Only for the Weak by In Flames and soon after it was Amon Amarth.
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #82 (permalink)
Brekke
Lady of the Vanir

hahaa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by griev0r View Post
Ok, I'll chime in on this. My name is Patrick and I live in Vero Beach, Florida. I'm 23 and work as a auto technician for our local Honda dealership. I'm into videogames - mostly RPG's and racing simulations (weird combo?). I also love to play the drums, even if I suck.
...works on cars, into video games, plays drums (even if you do suck) and into AA...marry me?
Old June 12th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #83 (permalink)
waif
Anoint My Phallus

don't believe greiv0r, he is a beast on the skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Anybody who doesn't realize that Manowar is the ultimate pinnacle of heterosexuality has a fundamental misunderstanding of manhood, and possibly of metal as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMetalhead View Post
Interchangeability of thought occurs through the experience of listening thus formulating a change of discern.

A proud participant in the Tom Brady Ignore-A-Thon.
Old June 12th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #84 (permalink)
False Joe
Who cares.

Is he the one that did that awesome cover of an Amon Amarth song on the drums and made it into a thread?

If so, then yeah. He's fucking beastly.
Old June 12th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #85 (permalink)
amon666
Johan's Double :D

actually hes the one who made amon amarth porchsa car \m/ i still remember that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrymfal View Post
7. Don't start threads asking when AA will play your town. We are a group of disparate internet dwellers, not ticketmaster representatives.
Old June 12th, 2008, 11:59 PM   #86 (permalink)
griev0r
Here is Nowhere

Haha, yeah you have no idea how long it took me to make that Porsche paint. But no, I wish that was me doing the AA cover vid - I remember that. I posted a shitty drum video in the pic thread and I added another one under my youtube a couple days ago but its slow and kind of boring. I'm working my way up to an AA drum cover, my next goal is a Novembers Doom song. Love them.

Here the pics of the Porsche for the newer guys and gals. Whoever has tried to paint in Forza should know how hard and time consuming trying to do this kind of text is. AA is far worth it though. Like I said before, I'm a huge race sim fan.
http://i7.tinypic.com/4uoq32b.jpg
http://i17.tinypic.com/6bcvm2d.jpg There's a valknut on the hood but you can't really see it.
http://i9.tinypic.com/4qfqcjr.jpg

I wanted to do a faster song of the drumless metal I play to but kept fucking up, so I put one of my fuckups in for good measure. Then decided to try something slower, cool song though. I posted it in the ND forums because the tempo of the song reminds me of them, so if you frequent there you have seen it. Here is the slow and boring one!

edit: reading this post over, I realize I have no life

Last edited by griev0r : June 13th, 2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:42 AM   #87 (permalink)
truemmer

Alright... my name is Tim. I am 26 years old and live in Marburg (Germany). I'm into AA since Versus The World and love pretty much every album equally. I studied computer science and work as IT consultant now. I love driving around in my car dressed up for business and have blast beats do the talking :P (I'm a poser ... I know).

My gf hates metal ...

I worked for a catering company on festivals like "Rock im Park" and "Summerbreeze" several times where I did get the chance to talk to Johan in front of their bus once, which was great since I got my albums signed. Seen them 3 times live so far.

Other bands I like: Opeth, Unleashed, Demonoid, In Flames, Dissection, Falkenbach, Equilibrium, Wintersun, Tyr, Myrkgrav, Rivendell, Children of Bodom, Empyrium, Ulver, ...

Last but not least: I'm a nerd!

Your turn!
Old June 13th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #88 (permalink)
Tomasz
outdoor type

killer, keep it up

anyway, my name is Tomasz, hello

oh, also, I'm drinking Leffe as I am typing, I'm pretty talented like that

oopss, gtg, wife's calling, she's ready

Quote:
Haha, yeah you have no idea how long it took me to make that Porsche paint. But no, I wish that was me doing the AA cover vid - I remember that. I posted a shitty drum video in the pic thread and I added another one under my youtube a couple days ago but its slow and kind of boring. I'm working my way up to an AA drum cover, my next goal is a Novembers Doom song. Love them.

Here the pics of the Porsche for the newer guys and gals. Whoever has tried to paint in Forza should know how hard and time consuming trying to do this kind of text is. AA is far worth it though. Like I said before, I'm a huge race sim fan.
http://i7.tinypic.com/4uoq32b.jpg
http://i17.tinypic.com/6bcvm2d.jpg There's a valknut on the hood but you can't really see it.
http://i9.tinypic.com/4qfqcjr.jpg

I wanted to do a faster song of the drumless metal I play to but kept fucking up, so I put one of my fuckups in for good measure. Then decided to try something slower, cool song though. I posted it in the ND forums because the tempo of the song reminds me of them, so if you frequent there you have seen it. Here is the slow and boring one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIVHkw6DL7k

edit: reading this post over, I realize I have no life

Old June 13th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #89 (permalink)
Tomasz
outdoor type

ok, I"m back (5 minutes later ), and on my 3rd Leffe

been into AA ever since I've heard Victorious on a compilatrion CD which I listedned to in somwhat weired but pleasant cirumstances frequently at a time

I've seen them a few times live and plan to do so a few more, being that I'm relatively old they're are pretty much the only remaining metal band I listen to regulary as I my nipples still get aroused to certain songs, I've also had a chance to meet quite a few of the forum-ers in my trips to various places AA plays, pretty cool, although Congicate drinks more water than beer, Tyra is very cool, Belgar is/was cool, hope to meet some of you in the near future, perhpas this fall/winter, sorry beer talk

Last edited by Tomasz : June 13th, 2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old June 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM   #90 (permalink)
griev0r
Here is Nowhere

Tomasz I tried to find you guys at the Orlando AA show with the description you/Belgar gave me - look for a guy with long hair and black shirt. Needless to say I couldn't pick you guys out.
Old June 13th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #91 (permalink)
Tomasz
outdoor type

yeah, place was pretty packed that night, I was the third guy from left in the back banging like a crazy mother fucker until my head nearly flew away, next time I'll wear white t-shirt for better recongnition in your reconesince mission, until then my redneck internet forum buddy

Quote:
Tomasz I tried to find you guys at the Orlando AA show with the description you/Belgar gave me - look for a guy with long hair and black shirt. Needless to say I couldn't pick you guys out.

Old June 13th, 2008, 07:02 PM   #92 (permalink)
griev0r
Here is Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasz View Post
yeah, place was pretty packed that night, I was the third guy from left in the back banging like a crazy mother fucker until my head nearly flew away, next time I'll wear white t-shirt for better recongnition in your reconesince mission, until then my redneck internet forum buddy
For sure man, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a headlining tour in the States to support the new album later this year. That club Firestone was actually an awesome venue.
Old June 13th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #93 (permalink)
Fenrisúlfr
ὁ δύσκος λύκος

Quote:
For sure man, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a headlining tour in the States to support the new album later this year. That club Firestone was actually an awesome venue.
If they do, I'll dress up like a lanky version of Nygård from Turisas; I give my word

Old June 14th, 2008, 01:25 AM   #94 (permalink)
Tomasz
outdoor type

Quote:

I'm sure they will tour the states as soon as the album comes out in order to keep the momentum going given the sucess/turnouts they had

Old June 14th, 2008, 08:21 AM   #95 (permalink)
PaganBlood
Congicate

haha tomasz i drink more water than beer? You must have me mistaken.

I wish your arse was coming to Europe this Summer man.

If anyone is going to Wacken or going to see AA at Metalcamp it would be killer to catch up with you and have a beer.

Old June 14th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #96 (permalink)
Tomasz
outdoor type

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganBlood View Post
If anyone is going to Wacken or going to see AA at Metalcamp it would be killer to catch up with you and have a beer.

well, in your case it'll be "water", if anything I clearly remember hot ass wacken summer day where you my internet furum aussie redneck budy had cups of water in your hand quite frequently stating you have to drink plenty of water between your beers to stay hydrated, enjoy your travels

Old June 14th, 2008, 06:32 PM   #97 (permalink)
TheKorruptor

I'm going to Wacken. I like beer.
Old June 15th, 2008, 12:00 AM   #98 (permalink)
waif
Anoint My Phallus

Congratulations, you just won the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Anybody who doesn't realize that Manowar is the ultimate pinnacle of heterosexuality has a fundamental misunderstanding of manhood, and possibly of metal as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMetalhead View Post
Interchangeability of thought occurs through the experience of listening thus formulating a change of discern.

A proud participant in the Tom Brady Ignore-A-Thon.
Old June 15th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #99 (permalink)
griev0r
Here is Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKorruptor View Post
Old June 15th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #100 (permalink)
truemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKorruptor View Post
Alright! Guess that's you, then? :P