Amon Amarth  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Amon Amarth
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 24th, 2011, 05:07 PM   #2601 (permalink)
Spanish_Lass
Dahar Mistress
 
Spanish_Lass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midlothian, Scotland
Posts: 1,281
The mental picture has been there for a while. And it's angular and sinewy...

Did someone fart when they let go at the end of the class? Not unusual. And if it's ashtanga, it's not unusual for people to leave the class with wet patches between their legs either. It's not called "wet yoga" for nothing.

Wet patches of sweat, I think I'll have to clarify it for those with their minds in the gutter
Spanish_Lass is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #2602 (permalink)
Spanish_Lass
Dahar Mistress
 
Spanish_Lass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midlothian, Scotland
Posts: 1,281
I think I've done a whole session of yoga tonight too- only this was at the cinema trying to get a position where my back would not hurt did not manage.


Tomorrow it's gym again, I think I'll do aqua with the old glories. Not that I particularly like it, but you get odd looks if you are seven months preggers (and have the misfortune to look like you are 8 and a half) and still want to do anything other than yoga or swim ...
Spanish_Lass is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 11:50 PM   #2603 (permalink)
Tyra
Senior Member
 
Tyra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,828
I ran 3 clicks the day before I went into labour with my last one. Let 'em look! As long as you're not doing a clean and jerk or something that causes you to push down, you're OK. You'll have a nice pay-off for it when you go into labour.
__________________
I was born right the first time, no need to be born again.
Tyra is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #2604 (permalink)
Brisantni
Senior Member
 
Brisantni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBlade View Post
Drunk half a beer this Friday and I honestly couldn't do that anymore. I nearly threw up for fucks sake!!

I am not a man
Is it because of the taste? Or are you possibly a man who has a histamine intolerance or sorbitol intolerance or whatever ingridient intolerance?

Last edited by Brisantni : August 25th, 2011 at 11:29 AM.
Brisantni is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #2605 (permalink)
Spanish_Lass
Dahar Mistress
 
Spanish_Lass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midlothian, Scotland
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyra View Post
I ran 3 clicks the day before I went into labour with my last one. Let 'em look! As long as you're not doing a clean and jerk or something that causes you to push down, you're OK. You'll have a nice pay-off for it when you go into labour.
I really enjoy the gym and its one of the times when my back does not hurt... so i'm taking it easier but essentially doing the same.

But honestly, how much people around here like to mind other people's business is unbelievable. Old women are the worst, but guys are almost on a par, if the wife has popped a kid or two, they feel like they have gone through labour themselves.
Spanish_Lass is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 06:24 PM   #2606 (permalink)
Tyra
Senior Member
 
Tyra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,828
Being pregnant is also a bit like having a nice tatoo in an obvious spot...everyone thinks you want to hear their tat stories and want to talk about yours, not to mention TOUCH IT. I got to a point whre I was like "If one more person fondles my belly, I'll pop him or her in the face".
__________________
I was born right the first time, no need to be born again.
Tyra is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #2607 (permalink)
Spanish_Lass
Dahar Mistress
 
Spanish_Lass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midlothian, Scotland
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyra View Post
Being pregnant is also a bit like having a nice tatoo in an obvious spot...everyone thinks you want to hear their tat stories and want to talk about yours, not to mention TOUCH IT. I got to a point whre I was like "If one more person fondles my belly, I'll pop him or her in the face".
Violence does not solve anything. But feels so good. I have resorted to groping back- beer bellies, balding heads, saggy tits... Invasion of personal space is a two way street.
Spanish_Lass is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 06:48 PM   #2608 (permalink)
Spanish_Lass
Dahar Mistress
 
Spanish_Lass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midlothian, Scotland
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisantni View Post
Is it because of the taste? Or are you possibly a man who has a histamine intolerance or sorbitol intolerance or whatever ingridient intolerance?
My friend gets sneezing fits from drinking wine. She just soldiers on with it or takes antihistamines before helping herself to a glass. She says it's worth it.

But some people get really sick from wine- Something to do with sulphites I think. I don't know if that's a problem with beer too.
Spanish_Lass is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 02:12 AM   #2609 (permalink)
gnoff
Senior Member
 
gnoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mölndal, Sweden
Posts: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish_Lass View Post
My friend gets sneezing fits from drinking wine. She just soldiers on with it or takes antihistamines before helping herself to a glass. She says it's worth it.

But some people get really sick from wine- Something to do with sulphites I think. I don't know if that's a problem with beer too.

One thing is gluten of course, if you're intolerant to that beer can make you very sick.

More rare, but some people react to hops.
gnoff is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #2610 (permalink)
gnoff
Senior Member
 
gnoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mölndal, Sweden
Posts: 2,646
Attending a Stone beer festival in Brussels in a few weeks.

This brewery who's beer on tap rarely, if ever, gets to Europe, shall present 30, yes 30!! taps for us:

Stone Pale Ale
Stone India Pale Ale
Stone Smoked Porter
Stone Ruination IPA
Stone Levitation Ale
Stone Cali-Belgique IPA
Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale
Arrogant Bastard Ale
Stone Old Guardian Barely Wine
Stone Old Guardian Belgo-Barely Wine
Double Bastard Ale with Chipotle Peppers
Double Bastard Ale
2008 Stone Imperial Russian Stout
Stone Imperial Russian Stout
Stone Belgo Anise Imperial Russian Stout
Stone 09.09.09 Vertical Epic Ale Aged in Red Wine Barrels
Stone 10.10.10 Vertical Epic Ale
Green Flash / Pizza Port Carlsbad / Stone Highway 78 Scotch Ale
Stone 14th Anniversary Emperial IPA
Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
Stone 15th Anniversary Escondidian Imperial Black IPA
21st Amendment / Firestone Walker / Stone El Camino (Un)Real
Dogfish Head / Victory / Stone Saison du BUFF
Crime
Jason Fields & Kevin Sheppard / Troegs / Stone Cherry Chocolate Stout
Baird / Ishii / Stone Japanese Green Tea IPA
Double Dry Hopped Stone Ruination IPA
Stone Smoked Porter with Vanilla Beans
OAKED Arrogant Bastard Ale
2005 Double Bastard Ale
gnoff is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #2611 (permalink)
Belgar
The Wallonian Redneck.
 
Belgar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Jupiter2 this is Alpha control do you copy?
Posts: 1,974
Will be a fun event, now if they could add the AA 3F beer Ragnarok that would be even better.
Belgar is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #2612 (permalink)
Spanish_Lass
Dahar Mistress
 
Spanish_Lass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midlothian, Scotland
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgar View Post
Will be a fun event, now if they could add the AA 3F beer Ragnarok that would be even better.
I don't know about mainland Europe but I'm assuming the chances of it making its way to UK distributors are somewhat slim. This market sucks so much it's unreal.

Spanish_Lass is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #2613 (permalink)
Belgar
The Wallonian Redneck.
 
Belgar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Jupiter2 this is Alpha control do you copy?
Posts: 1,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish_Lass View Post
I don't know about mainland Europe but I'm assuming the chances of it making its way to UK distributors are somewhat slim. This market sucks so much it's unreal.


More than likely,their market is focused more on Scandinavia and the Low Countries. I am sure they'll get to England/UK sooner or later since these guys have collaborated with Brewdog in Scotland.
In any case, this event is a one of kind event as most of the rare beers are not bottled (about 1/2 of that list) and it's a pain to bring the beer fresh from California to Belgium.
Belgar is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:42 AM   #2614 (permalink)
gnoff
Senior Member
 
gnoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mölndal, Sweden
Posts: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish_Lass View Post
I don't know about mainland Europe but I'm assuming the chances of it making its way to UK distributors are somewhat slim. This market sucks so much it's unreal.


I've been told the bottles will be excluisve for the brewery in Indiana, so you'd have to go there to buy it.


The kegs not sop sure, know that Mikkeller bar in Copenhagen have had it at least once.
gnoff is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:44 AM   #2615 (permalink)
gnoff
Senior Member
 
gnoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mölndal, Sweden
Posts: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgar View Post
More than likely,their market is focused more on Scandinavia and the Low Countries. I am sure they'll get to England/UK sooner or later since these guys have collaborated with Brewdog in Scotland.
In any case, this event is a one of kind event as most of the rare beers are not bottled (about 1/2 of that list) and it's a pain to bring the beer fresh from California to Belgium.

I took it as Maria was talking about the AA beer exclusively, but yes, Stone beers on bottles does make it to Sweden, but the kegs I understand it very rarely does.

A lot of those special bottles seems to not have made it over though, which makes it fun to attend this festival for sure
gnoff is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 06:47 AM   #2616 (permalink)
PowerBlade
Senior Member
 
PowerBlade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisantni View Post
Is it because of the taste? Or are you possibly a man who has a histamine intolerance or sorbitol intolerance or whatever ingridient intolerance?
I'm not quite sure if I'm intolerant to any of those things, but I do know that I absolutely despise the taste of both beer and all other alcohol drinks =/
PowerBlade is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #2617 (permalink)
Spanish_Lass
Dahar Mistress
 
Spanish_Lass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midlothian, Scotland
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBlade View Post
I'm not quite sure if I'm intolerant to any of those things, but I do know that I absolutely despise the taste of both beer and all other alcohol drinks =/
My taste has changed a lot since I started drinking*, some things grow on you and others don't.

*I was gonna write that my taste had changed a lot since I became old enough to drink, but that would have been a blatant lie, you never had problems being served back in the day
Spanish_Lass is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 07:11 AM   #2618 (permalink)
PowerBlade
Senior Member
 
PowerBlade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish_Lass View Post
My taste has changed a lot since I started drinking*, some things grow on you and others don't.

*I was gonna write that my taste had changed a lot since I became old enough to drink, but that would have been a blatant lie, you never had problems being served back in the day
Well I 'started' drinking about 4 years ago, and I still don't like any of it.. I'm sure that if I get enough over a period that is long enough, it will change. But I'm not open to that, I still don't like it! xD
PowerBlade is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 07:27 AM   #2619 (permalink)
Hagg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBlade View Post
Well I 'started' drinking about 4 years ago, and I still don't like any of it.. I'm sure that if I get enough over a period that is long enough, it will change. But I'm not open to that, I still don't like it! xD
Don't worry. It's cheaper and healthier without alcohol anyway.
Hagg is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #2620 (permalink)
Brisantni
Senior Member
 
Brisantni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 706
Never hangovers, never embarrassing situations induced by alcohol... *sigh*
Brisantni is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 09:04 AM   #2621 (permalink)
Brisantni
Senior Member
 
Brisantni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnoff View Post
Attending a Stone beer festival in Brussels in a few weeks.

This brewery who's beer on tap rarely, if ever, gets to Europe, shall present 30, yes 30!! taps for us:

Stone Pale Ale
Stone India Pale Ale
Stone Smoked Porter
Stone Ruination IPA
Stone Levitation Ale
Stone Cali-Belgique IPA
Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale
Arrogant Bastard Ale
Stone Old Guardian Barely Wine
Stone Old Guardian Belgo-Barely Wine
Double Bastard Ale with Chipotle Peppers
Double Bastard Ale
2008 Stone Imperial Russian Stout
Stone Imperial Russian Stout
Stone Belgo Anise Imperial Russian Stout
Stone 09.09.09 Vertical Epic Ale Aged in Red Wine Barrels
Stone 10.10.10 Vertical Epic Ale
Green Flash / Pizza Port Carlsbad / Stone Highway 78 Scotch Ale
Stone 14th Anniversary Emperial IPA
Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
Stone 15th Anniversary Escondidian Imperial Black IPA
21st Amendment / Firestone Walker / Stone El Camino (Un)Real
Dogfish Head / Victory / Stone Saison du BUFF
Crime
Jason Fields & Kevin Sheppard / Troegs / Stone Cherry Chocolate Stout
Baird / Ishii / Stone Japanese Green Tea IPA
Double Dry Hopped Stone Ruination IPA
Stone Smoked Porter with Vanilla Beans
OAKED Arrogant Bastard Ale
2005 Double Bastard Ale

Sounds interesting. Will you try them all?
Brisantni is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 10:12 AM   #2622 (permalink)
gnoff
Senior Member
 
gnoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mölndal, Sweden
Posts: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisantni View Post
Sounds interesting. Will you try them all?
that's the plan
gnoff is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #2623 (permalink)
Spanish_Lass
Dahar Mistress
 
Spanish_Lass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midlothian, Scotland
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBlade View Post
Well I 'started' drinking about 4 years ago, and I still don't like any of it.. I'm sure that if I get enough over a period that is long enough, it will change. But I'm not open to that, I still don't like it! xD
Drinking is not a requirement. No amount of peer pressure or social convention is worth feeling like shit the morning after if on top of everything else you don't even enjoy it.
Spanish_Lass is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2011, 01:41 AM   #2624 (permalink)
PowerBlade
Senior Member
 
PowerBlade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagg View Post
Don't worry. It's cheaper and healthier without alcohol anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisantni View Post
Never hangovers, never embarrassing situations induced by alcohol... *sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish_Lass View Post
Drinking is not a requirement. No amount of peer pressure or social convention is worth feeling like shit the morning after if on top of everything else you don't even enjoy it.
Yes. This is my point of view too However it pisses me off whenever I'm with people who does, and they're like "Why do you not drink? What? When? Whywhywhywhy!?"
PowerBlade is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2011, 02:03 AM   #2625 (permalink)
gnoff
Senior Member
 
gnoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mölndal, Sweden
Posts: 2,646
They should be happy to hear "because I don't" and then shut up.

Is it really their problem that you don't drink?

Over here it can be bad too, seems some get personally insulted when you're not drinking and need a valid reason for you to insure them they are not doing something wrong and you are actually the strange one.

Accepted is:
I'm pregnant (only works for women)
I'm driving

yeah, that's pretty much the only acceptable ones it seems.

Whever I have my "white months" I get a lot of "dude, what's up"" but I guess that's to expect since I usually drink beer at certain places.
Though explaining to them the reasons behing it is usually enough, though some try and force alcohol on me anyhow, nobody wants to drink alone, right?

Just hang in there, and if you don't like alcohol for whatever reason, don't drink it.

If you want to get away with similar to beer drinking, try alcohol free beer and see how that agress with you. Pour it in a glass and it's looks like you're drinking with the "cool" kids
gnoff is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.0.0
© Copyright 2000-2014 UltimateMetal.com | MetalAges Media