Amon Amarth  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Amon Amarth
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 21st, 2009, 12:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
MellowDeath
*<=<>TOTTG<>=>*

Thunder God T-Shirt Sizes

Hello, I was wonder about the sizes in T-shirts. When I buy a t-shirt, I don't go buy small medium, large, etc, I go by How long they are. Would anybody be able to use a ruler and measure the length from neck to the bottom of it? Thank you!

[Edit] I'm thinking I'm going to buy a Medium, so if you could measure that, it would be great!
If not, I could wait for a measure of Large and Small and if they wouldn't fit, I could use the medium, So thank you again!

Last edited by MellowDeath : July 21st, 2009 at 01:17 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Babydollcybergoth

American and European shirt sizes are different. Different companies will also offer different sizing but use the terms small, medium and large.

If you're ordering online, it's better if you email the place that you'll be ordering from.
If you're getting a shirt at the show, just ask the merch guy to let you check out the shirt.
Old July 21st, 2009, 07:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
NewWorld

I got a medium pure viking tshirt at the TotTG show and it ended up being almost uncomfortably short...not sure about the tour shirts though. I should have know better I usually stick to large and even though I occasionally end up with something baggy as...well i'll let you fill in the simile, in general large is comfortable for me (I'm 6 foot-ish)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 28th, 2009, 12:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
False Joe
Who cares.

Yeah, I emailed Victorious Merch when I was thinking of buying the viking horde t-shirt (Did in the end, one of my favourites ) and the guy was very helpful with measuring.
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
bathory...

I measure 25 1/2" from the middle (lowest point) of the collar to the bottom of the shirt. It's an American Large and I've had it since the fall so you can imagine how many times it's been washed. Sorry I don't have a medium.

Also, I'm about 6'1" and pretty skinny. The shirt fits me perfectly and I wear my shirts tighter than most people, though I do wear a medium shirt when I work out and stuff like that. Not sure how helpful that was.

Last edited by bathory... : July 30th, 2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
MellowDeath
*<=<>TOTTG<>=>*

Yeah, that helped. I'll order the medium then. The shirts that I wear are about 24" Hehe, but I'm 4 foot 11. Do you listen to Wintersun? Their singer Jari Maenpaa is 6 foot 1 also. [6.13 to be specific].
Old August 9th, 2009, 12:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
bathory...

I do like Wintersun, and I also think it is kind of random to know the singer's height but it's also kind of cool at the same time.
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Celtik Militia
Dumb French Bastard

lol, its interesting to know Jari's size but I don't understand why you said that ^^
Old August 9th, 2009, 10:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
NewWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathory... View Post
I do like Wintersun, and I also think it is kind of random to know the singer's height but it's also kind of cool at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtik Militia View Post
lol, its interesting to know Jari's size but I don't understand why you said that ^^
lol same here
Old August 9th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
MellowDeath
*<=<>TOTTG<>=>*

Hey, I wouldn't be me if I weren't full of random facts. Anyway, bathory said he was 6"1', and I just thought I'd say that Jari was also... I had emailed him once about the shirt sizes as well, and he told me how tall he was, so that's where I got it from.
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
amon666
Johan's Double :D

speaking of random i talked with petri he said he heard samples of wintersun and he said itll be good also its almost done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrymfal View Post
7. Don't start threads asking when AA will play your town. We are a group of disparate internet dwellers, not ticketmaster representatives.
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
MellowDeath
*<=<>TOTTG<>=>*

Awesome! I can't wait. It'd be neat to see them live sometime also. I don't know if they will ever play near where I live though (Washington,America). I'm the only one in my family who listens to Metal, so my parents wouldn't take me to a concert two states away
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
bathory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amon666 View Post
speaking of random i talked with petri he said he heard samples of wintersun and he said itll be good also its almost done!
Groovy.

Also Mellowdeath, I feel your pain.