Amon Amarth  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Amon Amarth
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 5th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #51 (permalink)
PowerMaiden
Somewhere Back In Time

last night setlist in Vancouver

Amon Amarth -- Vancouver, Canada -- August 4th, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set 1

War of the Gods
Töck's Taunt - Loke's Treachery Part II
Destroyer of the Universe
Slaves of Fear
Live Without Regrets
The Last Stand of Frej
For Victory or Death
Wrath of the Norsemen
A Beast I Am
Doom Over Dead Man

Set 2

Twilight of the Thunder God
The Last with Pagan Blood
For The Stabwounds In Our Backs
Runes to my Memory
Asator
Guardians of Asgaard
The Sound of Eight Hooves
Varyags of Miklagaard
Embrace of the Endless Ocean
Free Will Sacrifice
Death in Fire
Victorious March
---
Cry of the Blackbirds
Valhall Awaits Me
Pursuit of Vikings

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old August 5th, 2011, 09:27 AM   #52 (permalink)
Thimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post
Embrace of the Endless Ocean?! Why can't they do such a tour in Europe...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 5th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #53 (permalink)
VikingMan
Surtur Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thimon View Post
i want that too in Europe, hope they'll play it in spain (yeah i'm going to Madrid and Barcelona )
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #54 (permalink)
reckoning87

Awesomeee

I figured valhall awaits would be added and great to see Death in Fire and March in full.

I can do without free will sacrifice, but Embrace of the Endless Ocean is fucking epic...also glad to see varyags was kept.

definitly gonna try and get home in time from the airport to make the baltimore show
Old August 5th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #55 (permalink)
amon666
Johan's Double :D

I'm hoping one of the wild cards in Toronto would be Amon Amarth, I yet to hear that solo live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrymfal View Post
7. Don't start threads asking when AA will play your town. We are a group of disparate internet dwellers, not ticketmaster representatives.
Old August 5th, 2011, 05:22 PM   #56 (permalink)
Tomasz
outdoor type

fuckin' yes, awesome, brings a tear to my eye, 2002/3 set list back all over again

Quote:

Set 2

Victorious March

PowerMaiden

Last edited by Tomasz : August 5th, 2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old August 6th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #57 (permalink)
Shadowalker
Foul Emanation of the Pit

I was a regular here a couple years back but haven't been on for a loooong time. The Vancouver show was fantastic. First time I've seen them since '08 and they've gotten better. I was front and centre for the second set abusing my 40 year old body because after the first set there was no way I was going to be anywhere else. I managed to get one of Ted's picks at the end of the show.

The set list posted is accurate. I would have gladly traded Embrace of the Endless Ocean, Varyags of Miklagaard and Cry of the Blackbirds for Across the Rainbow Bridge, Friends of the Suncross and Bleed for Ancient Gods, but the set was still fantastic as it was and every song was played with the intensity that Amon Amarth are known for.

The venue was a welcome upscaling from their previous stops in Vancouver. The Commodore has a long history of hosting acts on the tour before they become huge. The crowd was awesome with a decided lack of assholes down in front and everyone looking out for each other. That everyone else around me seemed to know the words to The Sound of Eight Hooves and I got a few "Yeahs!" when I shouted for The Mighty Doors of the Speargod's Hall told me that I was surrounded by fans of the band filling the front of the venue.

Shirt prices have gone up for Canada. $30 for T'z, $35 for the long sleeve tour shirt with the album cover, $55 for the hoodie.

I was at the Exodus/Zombie/Slayer show the night before. Amon Amarth put on a better show than any of them.
Send them off to the gods

Last edited by Shadowalker : August 6th, 2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: big thumbs, little Blackberry buttons
Old August 6th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #58 (permalink)
Bloodisthepriceofglory
Twilight tavern!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thimon View Post
I wish be there, fuck.

Why im living in Argentina :C
Old August 6th, 2011, 12:12 PM   #59 (permalink)
Der Morgenstern
Prince of Comerica Park

Location: "Her first baby came out sideways, she didn't scream or nothin..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowalker View Post
I was a regular here a couple years back but haven't been on for a loooong time. The ?ancouver show was fantastic. First time I've seen them since '08 and they've gotten better. i was front and centre for the second set abusing my 40 year old body because after the first set there was no way I was going to be anywhere else. I managed to get one of Ted's picks at the end of the show.

The set list posted is accurate. I waould have gladly traded Embrace of the Endless Ocean, Varyags of Miklagaard and Cry of the Blackbirds for Across the Rainbow Bridge, Friends of the Suncross and Bleed for Ancient Gods, but the set was still fantastic as it was and every song was played with the intensity that Amon Amarth are known for.

The venue was a welcome upscaling from their previous stops in Vancouver. The Commodore has a long history of hosting acts on the tour before they become huge. The crowd was awesome with a decided lack of assholes down in front and everyone looking out for each other. That everyone else around me seemed to know the words to The Sound of Eight Hooves and I got a few "Yeahs!" when i shouted for The Mighty Doors of the Speargod's Hall told me that I was surrounded by fans of the band filling the front of the venue.

Shirt prices have gone up for Canada. $30 for T'z, $35 for the long sleeve tour shirt with the album cover, $55 for the hoodie.

I was at the Exodus/Zombie/Slayer show the night before. Amon Amarth put on a better show than any of them.
Good to hear. I'm going to see them in here in Calgary tonight. Did they have the grey hoodie for sale that they have in their online shop? I'll pay 55 bucks gladly considering the main metal clothing store here sells their hoodies for $75.
Old August 6th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #60 (permalink)
Shadowalker

I haven't seen the one in the online shop. It's a black hoodie. The design on the back has the band logo over three bearded skulls with short swords crossing behind the front skull, a knotwork Mjollnir head above the skulls but behind the logo and "Again we march to war" written in elder futhark runes across the bottom.

Last edited by Shadowalker : August 6th, 2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: seeing thurisaz where wunjo stands
Old August 6th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #61 (permalink)
amon666

If someone can post the shirt designs/hoodies picture it'll be awesome. Also, did they sell Surtur Rising flag?

Edit: http://www.jsrdirect.com/cgi-bin/cat...ry=AMN&start=0 I think the hoodie you're talking about is being sold here

Quote:
7. Don't start threads asking when AA will play your town. We are a group of disparate internet dwellers, not ticketmaster representatives.

Last edited by amon666 : August 6th, 2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old August 6th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #62 (permalink)
Shadowalker

That is the hoodie. They did have the Surtur Rising flags for $15. Most of the shirt designs in that link were available, except the grey one and the Odin battling Fenris one. I ended up buying five different shirt designs, all regular T's, for my family.
Old August 6th, 2011, 03:27 PM   #63 (permalink)
Tyra

Hi Shadowalker, nice to see you back. Wish I'd have known you'd be there - we could've met up! We got a hotel room and stayed the night, hung out with Johan & co after the gig before we went to sleep...well, tried to... I am suffering from a really, really bad case of Post Johan Anticlimax Disorder. Sympoms: extremely sore neck, fatigue, loss of apetite, lethargy and partial loss of heart (part of the heart muscle has been removed with non surgical methods and is currently housed on a tour bus somewhere in the vicinity of Edmonton). Still, I am happy I got to see him again, but wish it could have been longer.

I thought it was a great set-list. What did you think about the venue?

Also, The AA roadies, sound crew and light crew, guitar tech, merch guy, tour manager and so on, deserve a big cheers for being the best. They have on occasion had to pull off working in impossible venues with impossible equipment, and these shows wouldn't be the same without their skills. (Not to mention where they have to more or less live with Johan...you have my sympathies...honestly, I tried to teach him right from wrong and so on, but you know, there's only so much a big sister can do...LOL.)
Old August 6th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #64 (permalink)
Shadowalker

Next time they come to Vancouver we'll have to meet up. My wife and I usually make the trip over once a year to catch a concert (we're on the Island) and we decided after Thursday that we're going to wait for Amon Amarth every year. You may have seen me. I've got a distinctive set of tattoos on my right forearm with a band of the elder futhark below my elbow, the younger futhark above my wrist, Mjollnir on the underside of my forearm and a valknut on the top.

The set list was solid. Being an older fan, I'd have gladly traded off a couple Twilight songs for more from the first four albums, but I still love every song they played. The Sound of Eight Hooves was a very welcome surprise.

As for the venue, the Commodore was great. The sound was fantastic, the stage is a decent size, the floor (aside from all the sticky carpet near the bar) is a good one. definitely an upgrade from the Rickshaw and a better neighbourhood, too.
Old August 6th, 2011, 11:17 PM   #65 (permalink)
reignofterror
On The Road to Ruin

After reading the last few posts, it sounds even more promising for Edmonton tomorrow night. That second set looks quite awesome.
As for shirts, I was hoping they'd have the Odin battling Fenris one, as that is a sick design, but I have a feeling I'm going to end up spending a good chunk on merchandise anyways.

I might have missed it, but is there an opening band or is it just pure Amon Amarth all night?
Old August 6th, 2011, 11:58 PM   #66 (permalink)
Lucien_Konrad

its PURE aa all night.
Old August 7th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #67 (permalink)
klo2d

Louisville

Have ticket, hot girl and ride home....need ride from ronceverte wv
Anybody help?!
Old August 8th, 2011, 04:23 AM   #68 (permalink)
VikingMan
Surtur Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodisthepriceofglory View Post
I wish be there, fuck.

Why im living in Argentina :C
i'm in Morocco but yet i fly to Europe to see these guys
Old August 8th, 2011, 04:44 AM   #69 (permalink)
amon666

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingMan View Post
i'm in Morocco but yet i fly to Europe to see these guys
Isn't it only 14KM to get to europe through the sea?

Quote:
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:12 AM   #70 (permalink)
VikingMan
Surtur Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by amon666 View Post
Isn't it only 14KM to get to europe through the sea?
but it takes 400€ to get there
last time i went to Europe i spent 4500€ :s but it was totally worth it
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:20 AM   #71 (permalink)
amon666

It's probably expensive cause of the visa as well, considering you got the Morocco passport, how much does it cost to fly to Spain? And how much does it cost to take the sea transport as it's extremely close.

Quote:
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:36 AM   #72 (permalink)
VikingMan
Surtur Rising

by the sea yes it's only 14 km, but i'm from the capital Rabat, and i want to go to Madrid, so it's gonna take me 1 day i guess to get there, but with the plane it's only 2 hours (or 1 hour depending on the company), i booked my plane ticket to madrid one month ago and i got it for 45€, i learned my lesson this time , i'm going there to see Amon Amarth in november in madrid and barcelona

and yes you're right, the visa is very expensive, almost 150€ to get it
Old August 9th, 2011, 09:32 PM   #73 (permalink)
Tomasz
outdoor type

come on you canucks, how are the shows/playlists, etc.???, what's going down? need some updates, there's got to be other posts here than hit/miss or retardation discussion

Old August 9th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #74 (permalink)
Lucien_Konrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasz View Post
come on you canucks, how are the shows/playlists, etc.???, what's going down? need some updates, there's got to be other posts here than hit/miss or retardation discussion
learn to read every post, or you miss out. on this same page even!

Quote:
last night setlist in Vancouver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set 1

War of the Gods
Töck's Taunt - Loke's Treachery Part II
Destroyer of the Universe
Slaves of Fear
Live Without Regrets
The Last Stand of Frej
For Victory or Death
Wrath of the Norsemen
A Beast I Am
Doom Over Dead Man

Set 2

Twilight of the Thunder God
Runes to my Memory
Asator
Guardians of Asgaard
Varyags of Miklagaard
Free Will Sacrifice
Death in Fire
Victorious March
---
Cry of the Blackbirds
Valhall Awaits Me
Pursuit of Vikings

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old August 9th, 2011, 11:14 PM   #75 (permalink)
amon666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien_Konrad View Post
learn to read every post, or you miss out. on this same page even!
He did read alright. But since the band said "Wild Cards" means not every show will have the same songs on the 2nd list. In other words, read up yourself first.

Sorry, you walked into this one.

Quote: