Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Andy Sneap Only Sneap related posts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 17th, 2002, 09:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Black Lagoon

Question So Mr Sneap....

Whats your honest opinion of Mr Walkyier doing this Return to the Sabat thing and were you ever tempted to join in.

My opinion is that its a bit crap really, especially seeing he had a dig at Skyclad for carrying on without him and re-recording some of the old tracks. He got upset because they where using his lyrics, when in R2TS he is using your music!

Oh and by the way, the production on the BLAZE albums kicks ass.
Old April 17th, 2002, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Andy Sneap
Metal Guru

my oppinion on Return to the Sabbat....well...
The way I originally heard about this was from one of the guys at Earache, who called me up to ask me about it. I knew nothing about it so I called Martin to ask him about it. The conversation got a little heated and I explained they couldn't do it under the name Sabbat as both he and Frazer quit leaving me and Simon with alot of debts and financial problems to clear up. This was the reason we carried on as Sabbat and did a third album, obviously we wanted the new line up to work out but it didn't...simple as that. What it came down to though was Simon Negus and myself in theory own the business and name as they left. If you left your employee, you couldn't go and start that business somewhere else under the same name.
Anyway, a week later, Martin and Frazer came round to my house and offered me the chance to do it, I decided not to as nobody had even spoken with Simon Negus about this.
Then I heard Simon Jones was involved and by this time I'd told SN about everything. A mutual friend had been calling me constantly and when I spoke with Simon Jones about things , it seemed they wanted me to get involved.
So I went round, had another chat with Martin and cleared the air, went on holiday wondering about things and I said I'd help them out, even if it was to show them riffs etc, but I couldn't give them 100% of my time.
When I got back I had another chat and was basically told I was too busy and they wanted to do it without me, so I left it at that.
I think it's a bit of a shame to go back and do things like this, I'd rather people remembered the band as we were. I know Martin will go on about the third album, but we were in a situation that we were forced into back then.
I don't know why he's so bothered about the skyclad thing, I don't see the difference between that and what he is doing here with Sabbat. Martin is a very talented guy and should look forward and focus on things new, and I don't wish any of them ill feelings.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 18th, 2002, 11:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Black Lagoon

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for the reply Andy, much appreciated.

I do agree with you, Martin should be doing something positive and new, rather than trying to bring back past glory's without the main backbone of the original band. Perhaps its just a money thing as he was always going on about how skint he was.

Anyway, keep up the good work.
Old April 19th, 2002, 04:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Black Lagoon

Andy,

I've just been on www.blabbermouth.net to check on the latest news, to find your reply to my question on there!

Just to let you know its got fuck all to do with me!
Old April 19th, 2002, 04:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Andy Sneap
Metal Guru

doesn't matter, there's nothing said there that isn't true.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 1st, 2002, 05:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brooks
Eyes Wide Open

Be aware, everything you say is *on* the record

"
i am now drinking red wine. the shift button can suck my balls. i nevve get drunk. jews. iiiiii like em."
-Louie CK