Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Andy Sneap Only Sneap related posts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 15th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #51 (permalink)
paladin shredder

slayercannibalsuffohead: and what makes this even more ironic is now finding out that a regular member of this forum actually mixed this!

obviously i'm not trying to dump on joey, the production is very professional and joey is talented without a doubt. i could just never bring myself to record a "mallcore" band.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 15th, 2009, 12:58 AM   #52 (permalink)
slayercannibalsuffohead
Get a dog up ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelium View Post
Yeah, I agree

Thanks mate. I suppose I am ranting a bit, but it's only because this is the best site on the web, (apart from youjizz), and I am very lucky to have learnt a lot from Andy and everyone here. As you can tell, I love the brutal stuff and some old school stuff, and when I stumbled across Ultimate Metal, I thought it would be full of the brutal stuff. Sadly it is not. It's like I'm missing something, as though I have met this really grouse chick, but she's just not into giving head! I don't want to hear any more KSE sounding songs and mixes, I want to hear tougher, more brutal shit, Eric Rutan sounding mixes etc. Even more Exodus sounding stuff would be sufficient.

I suppose what I am trying to say is, I want to get a shot away in her mouth!
Am I wanting to much?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 15th, 2009, 01:08 AM   #53 (permalink)
Splat88

Wow, I don't even know what to say after watching that. I just became depressed and exhaled a big deep sigh. Then came the techno breakdown at 2:45. I'm so confused.

http://www.myspace.com/marchharelv

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=404561

Last edited by Splat88 : June 15th, 2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old June 15th, 2009, 01:26 AM   #54 (permalink)
Rex Rocker
Call me Hugo!

OMG! WTF!

Last edited by Rex Rocker : June 15th, 2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old June 15th, 2009, 01:42 AM   #55 (permalink)
paladin shredder

hey, at least they're using dual rec's in their video! right marcus?
Old June 15th, 2009, 02:10 AM   #56 (permalink)
JonWormwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayercannibalsuffohead View Post
LMAO!

Seriously though, most of the stuff here sounds like that. Every time I go to the rate my tone thread, I read comments like "totally sick dude", "that sounds awesome bro" etc.... so I give it a listen and voilą, sounds almost the same, riff wise, very close, mix wise, not as good, but close again also. Usually will have 20+ comments, then some poor bastard will post something brutal, might get 4+ comments, usually saying something like "high hats are to loud" or "where's the bass".

It cracks me up, that these blokes have gone out and actually done something, ie, recorded, done a film clip and gig, gets put on you tube, ends up here and gets dumped on by people who are guilty of playing and recording the same thing. Now to me, that's funny.
Isn't this the fucking truth.
Old June 15th, 2009, 02:14 AM   #57 (permalink)
K Odell
\=/Varnisher\=/

Quote:
Thanks mate. I suppose I am ranting a bit, but it's only because this is the best site on the web, (apart from youjizz), and I am very lucky to have learnt a lot from Andy and everyone here. As you can tell, I love the brutal stuff and some old school stuff, and when I stumbled across Ultimate Metal, I thought it would be full of the brutal stuff. Sadly it is not. It's like I'm missing something, as though I have met this really grouse chick, but she's just not into giving head! I don't want to hear any more KSE sounding songs and mixes, I want to hear tougher, more brutal shit, Eric Rutan sounding mixes etc. Even more Exodus sounding stuff would be sufficient.

I suppose what I am trying to say is, I want to get a shot away in her mouth!
Am I wanting to much?
I understand what you are saying, but just like with any new generation, you have to accept things change over time.

I am not a fan of this style in the least, but I think its a bit unfair to compare it to KSE which in my opinion is worlds better and this type of stuff could never touch that.

As for hearing more brutal stuff. I am with you. i would love to hear of some heavier stuff but todays brutal isnt what we considered brutal back in the day. When I think brutal I think circle pits and rediculously thrashy stuff. Now-a-days its breakdowns. Which is cool. I just tend to lean more towards the Pantera'esk breakdowns,

http://www.facebook.com/thisisvanisher

http://www.facebook.com/thinksound
Old June 15th, 2009, 02:25 AM   #58 (permalink)
CatharsisStudios
trcksngsrpbngs

this band isn't bad tbh. i am with sean i dig em
Old June 15th, 2009, 02:28 AM   #59 (permalink)
Rex Rocker
Call me Hugo!

I don't really dig the music, but I think it's the all-of-us-are-the-same looks of the bandmembers and their stage moves on the video than the song itself that's worse in here.

And yeah, I don't think this sounds like Killswitch WHATSOEVER.

Last edited by Rex Rocker : June 15th, 2009 at 02:32 AM.
Old June 15th, 2009, 02:39 AM   #60 (permalink)
AllanD
boom tap boom-boom tap

It's just the whole pop factor. These core bands are a lot more "groovy" and add singing/breakdowns so they can appeal to the younger people. It's sort of like punk. There are heavy obscure punk bands like Krum Bums, then there are the pop-punk bands like Blink 182 and Good Charlotte. Essentially, core is pop-metal.
Old June 15th, 2009, 02:43 AM   #61 (permalink)
KeithTidd
Robot Penis.

Alright, I want to hate them but I actually enjoyed that song. I liked their usage of synths ( besides the techno part). It actually reminded me alot of J-Rock.
Old June 15th, 2009, 02:47 AM   #62 (permalink)
slayercannibalsuffohead
Get a dog up ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodjinn View Post
I understand what you are saying, but just like with any new generation, you have to accept things change over time.

I am not a fan of this style in the least, but I think its a bit unfair to compare it to KSE which in my opinion is worlds better and this type of stuff could never touch that.

As for hearing more brutal stuff. I am with you. i would love to hear of some heavier stuff but todays brutal isnt what we considered brutal back in the day. When I think brutal I think circle pits and rediculously thrashy stuff. Now-a-days its breakdowns. Which is cool. I just tend to lean more towards the Pantera'esk breakdowns,

I know and accept things change, and there is room for everyone, but this fancy screamo stuff eg (KSE etc) major chord happy lala music to me should not dominate a site called Ultimate Metal. I mean, I wouldn't go to a Ferrari dealership and ask for an economical 4 cylinder, I would go to a place named KIA or Daewoo, not Ferrari. (feel free to correct me JBroll, LOL). I feel I have some good tools and knowledge if I wanted to record and mix a lala song, but fuck all for the brutal stuff. When someone does do something brutal, it has hundreds of looks but fuck all responses.

2 new people posted here for the first time the other day, shared their songs and got bugger all feedback, wasn't KSEish at all, had some brutal moments, and nothing, yet if it was the same old stuff we are accustomed to hearing, there would have been 10 welcomes and 20+ comments on how great it sounded, that's the thing I have a hard time accepting.
Old June 15th, 2009, 02:57 AM   #63 (permalink)
Nebulous
Daniel

1. What's with all the techno part bashing? I think that's the only part of the song that makes sense...

2. If you want the real Br00talz, listen to the clips put up by Poida and Ermz.
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:00 AM   #64 (permalink)
ParsonsMatt
Alas, Tyranny

Andy Sneap did As I Lay Dying... of course you're going to get a lot of metalcore/mallcore guys on here.

Guitars: Edwards E-FR-120GT (EMG 89/89), Carvin DC727 (X2N/Liquifire), Yamaha LS6
Amps: Mesa/Boogie Mark III, Mesa/Boogie Rectifier cabinet
Mics: Shure SM7b, Shure SM57, Shure SM81
Other: Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6, M-Audio KeyRig 49e
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:17 AM   #65 (permalink)
Jevil
Pro Evolution Fucker

The blonde girl could be their mother. MILF.

What is happening to Metal? Manowar should call the gods of war and stop this aberration!
Metal is being contaminated by retarded bands of Poo Metal with nice production, great amps, even good playing, but no balls at all... Most of them coming from USA, I hope this fashion don't cross the atlantic, otherwise we will have to take our powerish arsenal out to defeat the false ones.

Evolution is good, but I wouldn't like metal evolutes into a dogshit.
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:21 AM   #66 (permalink)
Lasse Lammert
HCAF Blitzkrieg

Quote:
2 new people posted here for the first time the other day, shared their songs and got bugger all feedback, wasn't KSEish at all, had some brutal moments, and nothing, yet if it was the same old stuff we are accustomed to hearing, there would have been 10 welcomes and 20+ comments on how great it sounded, that's the thing I have a hard time accepting.
dunno, I got plenty of replies on this one:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/r...pical-mix.html

not core-ish at all.

also don't I even read threads with "dfh, ssd, pod, 7170, soloc, AD" in the topic

back to topic.....yeah, that band is absolute crabshit
Mastering
Drumediting

(special UM rates)

Lasse Lammert Drumsamples

My Band's FB...LIKE IT, BITCH!

Last edited by Lasse Lammert : June 15th, 2009 at 03:23 AM.
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:35 AM   #67 (permalink)
joelplagues

I can't get over how ridiculous the playing style of the guitarists and bassist is.

It's almost like compensating for lack of balls and cock. looks like they are playing with they're balls and holding onto an oversized shaft ...... the dude with the schecter didnt look bad at the start but he ruined himself.

I am all into looking rad on stage and rocking the fuck out but when you are only doing moves that kids think are cool and every other band is doing for the same reason..... IT JUST GETS LAME.

way to cliche/trendfollowing for me to get interested in the band even if some of it is half decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamWathan View Post
With Reaper 4 I can now click one toolbar button to enter "Drum Editing Mode" where I can edit with just my hand on the mouse, drinking beer or jerking off with my left hand the entire time.

One handed one button drum editing ftw.
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:37 AM   #68 (permalink)
Sinister Mephisto

Haha, you guys are too harsh. The techno break was the best part, the only thing that wasn't generic. Props to them for trying something different. The rest of the song was okay, and the guitar tone slays. I'll buy the CD.
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:44 AM   #69 (permalink)
Nebulous
Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsonsMatt View Post
Andy Sneap did As I Lay Dying... of course you're going to get a lot of metalcore/mallcore guys on here.
Also did Testament, Kreator, Exodus, Megadeth, Machine head and plays in Sabbat: shouldn't there be more thrash fans then?
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:52 AM   #70 (permalink)
eternally_gutted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelium View Post
Too bad I've never heard a band produced by him that's not so emo...
and...Brother Von Doom?? and...At The Throne Of Judgment...A Plea For Purging...?

last logo work:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eg_art/4693771170/
Old June 15th, 2009, 03:59 AM   #71 (permalink)
jrt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer197666 View Post
in the last 8 hours, this image became the new desktop image for over 35,000 teens in the most profitable demographic. invest now!

yes, i just made up that statistic.... but why not? everyone else does it
Old June 15th, 2009, 04:20 AM   #72 (permalink)
Razzee
Kolja

Quote:
I know and accept things change, and there is room for everyone, but this fancy screamo stuff eg (KSE etc) major chord happy lala music to me should not dominate a site called Ultimate Metal. [...]
kse is in no way screamo? what are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternally_gutted View Post
and...Brother Von Doom?? and...At The Throne Of Judgment...A Plea For Purging...?
+ oceano

www.reigninblog.de
- Heavy Music, Games and Shit!

Old June 15th, 2009, 04:23 AM   #73 (permalink)
eternally_gutted

exactly, oceano too.

last logo work:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eg_art/4693771170/
Old June 15th, 2009, 04:47 AM   #74 (permalink)
paladin shredder

Old June 15th, 2009, 04:48 AM   #75 (permalink)
Cryo114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer197666 View Post
Reminds me of this...

http://www.pown.it/2620?r=