Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Andy Sneap Only Sneap related posts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
aviel

question about sweetwater?

hey,
just something that make me a little suspicious..
for those of you that buy from sweetwater. i called them to ask some stuff and i talked to sales engineer who, after i decided what to buy and when ( i asked for shipping) contacted my by mail, indtroduced himself and explained they have a 1 on 1 method, meaning each time i buy he will take care of it.

he also introduced himself, sent me his website, and also said i rather pay with a wire transfer and make sure its fine with him on the phone.

now i dont know, i might be too suspicious, or just too paranoid, but does it sound normal to you? you can never know what people do to rip you nowdays.

Jackson DK 2M Snowhite
ESP Eclipse
Engl Powerball
Peavy 6505
Legacy 4x12 v30
Palmer Dacappo reamp box. i do reamps, hit me up
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Skinny Viking
\(_o)/ How do Lydian?

I've dealt with the same guy at sweetwater for every purchase for the last 4 years. Anytime I tell him via email that I wish to buy something, he calls me right away to confirm over the phone that I wish to use the same credit card on file. They do it for security reasons. Now as far as wire transfers go, never had to do that but I'd be willing to bet its for the same reasons

SHADOWDANCE |BANDCAMP

SHADOWDANCE |FACEBOOK

DIRTY VIKING AUDIO PRODUCTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew_drummer View Post
Threads opened by cunts should be closed by cocks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
decoy205
STUCK IN HELL

Same here.
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mike G

Sweetwater has a longstanding reputation for being a quality place to get your gear from. Have done thousands of dollars worth of business with them over the years and wouldn't hesitate to continue that.
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
aviel

great guys,
thanks for the info, i will go on with my purchase.
a new country man and a monitor level control

Jackson DK 2M Snowhite
ESP Eclipse
Engl Powerball
Peavy 6505
Legacy 4x12 v30
Old April 20th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Loren Littlejohn
Lover of all boobage.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with that company. Plus, fucking candy in the box.

But seriously, they have even heeded my request to only call me during certain hours of the day. Very good company to deal with. Musiciansfriend on the other hand...
Old April 20th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
metalhead3ecr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren Littlejohn View Post
I've had nothing but positive experiences with that company. Plus, fucking candy in the box.
THIS!

http://www.youtube.com/user/metalhead3ecr?feature=mhee

RuffRecords Home Studio
Old April 20th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Chaos_Moon

Fuckin' candy!

And their customer service is awesome. Never had a problem, and the personal sales associate is pretty awesome. They keep track of the things you buy, and are very knowledgeable.
Old April 20th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Matt-Steele

I bought EZ Keys from Sweetwater a few weeks ago. I had some guy calling me and leaving me messages on my phone. I called him back and he wanted to make sure I received the software and if I had any issues , he would help me. I told him I just needed the serial number from them and that I was alkready all set up and good. I've been dealing with Toontrack stuff for years.

Now, weeks later, they are still calling me and leaving me messages to call them. It's all a bit ridiculous. If I had any issues, I would contact them, but I'm all good!!! Can you have too much sypport? If so, Sweetwater would be the most guilty company I've ever dealt with. I mean to go to this extent over a simple little program like EZ Keys! Imagine i I were to purchase something big from them! I could imagine them pitching a tent outside my home waiting for me to walk outside holding my hand to make sure everything was just right with my purchase!
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
SentencedToBurn
Dubbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-Steele View Post
I bought EZ Keys from Sweetwater a few weeks ago. I had some guy calling me and leaving me messages on my phone. I called him back and he wanted to make sure I received the software and if I had any issues , he would help me. I told him I just needed the serial number from them and that I was alkready all set up and good. I've been dealing with Toontrack stuff for years.

Now, weeks later, they are still calling me and leaving me messages to call them. It's all a bit ridiculous. If I had any issues, I would contact them, but I'm all good!!! Can you have too much sypport? If so, Sweetwater would be the most guilty company I've ever dealt with. I mean to go to this extent over a simple little program like EZ Keys! Imagine i I were to purchase something big from them! I could imagine them pitching a tent outside my home waiting for me to walk outside holding my hand to make sure everything was just right with my purchase!
lol. could you stop doing your job so fuckin much?!
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Doctor Gay
Heel

5w337w473r 0v3r 7h3 al73rn471v3 4'7 mu51c14n5 fr13nd
Old April 21st, 2012, 12:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
arv_foh
Brian K

I've had nothing but good experiences with sweetwater but I bought a duet like 2 years ago and they still fuckin' call me

www.btkaudio.com
www.btkphoto.com
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
aviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Gay View Post
5w337w473r 0v3r 7h3 al73rn471v3 4'7 mu51c14n5 fr13nd
took me a few minutes to figure this one out

Jackson DK 2M Snowhite
ESP Eclipse
Engl Powerball
Peavy 6505
Legacy 4x12 v30
Old April 21st, 2012, 12:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Loren Littlejohn
Lover of all boobage.

Tell them not to call you and they will (say you would rather just get email).

They really are a good company to deal with.
Old April 21st, 2012, 01:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mike G

Yeah I get a call once a year from them, unless I purchase something then they always call after it was supposed to have been received, otherwise just an e-mail periodically.
Old April 21st, 2012, 05:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Jind
Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)

Yup - same here. Was assigned a Sweetwater rep a couple years ago, he left, but the next guy called me, told me he was my contact if ever I needed something in the future, told me he would help me with anything I wanted to know or with any follow-up questions and such. I get a call every few months, but it's fine by me - he never seems pushy or anything.
Guitars/Amps: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Fender American Standard Telecaster, Egnater Tweaker Head & Matching Cab w/ Celestion G12H-30, Digitech RP1000, Various Pedals
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
bryan_kilco

I forgot, they sent me a free catalogue with a guitar strap I bought, and the box had candy in it! They call me once in a while still, even though I haven't purchased anything from them recently. Seem like good service.
Old April 27th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
aramism

sweetwater is great. the only place i really buy new gear from. i've made very very large purchases in the past and work with one guy there and he really goes above and beyond normal to make sure via email or phone i get what i need. they also have real cool tech support and infinite patience to help you do system setups and routing for bigger purchases etc.

really the best place for new music gear as far as i'm concerned.
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
AD Chaos
Big Member

The catalog they send with the gear is great, quite extensive and filled with rather high-end equipment choices.

A good choice for big purchases (even though the Roadster head I got from them came with a minuscule dent on the front (cosmetic inconvenience only) but that may have been the delivery company's fault, not them. The packaging was great anyways.

Old April 27th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
schwinginbatman
It's shittay!

They're pretty great. A while after I bought Addictive Drums they had called to ask if I was enjoying it, and if I got all my problems sorted out. Really nice guys. Plus their catalog is great for reading when you're on the loo.
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
madbutcher

I ordered a kick mic stand about a week ago and within an hour of placing the order online I got a call saying it was in the mail. Little annoying, but I'd much rather have too much customer service than not enough. And yea, I can usually kill a good hour with their catalog. I was disappointed when the stand came, before I could have swore I got delicious vanilla and fruit0 flavored tootsie rolls. This time just normal ones.
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
MKS
Titan Pro Sound

Sweetwater has the best customer service. Simply amazing.
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Contra Studio

http://www.sweetwater.com/financing/

I do enjoy their services. I always get them on a bidding war with other companies, VintageKings, GR Pro, etc. And they always come out top with great freebies, like free overnight, cables, and discounts. Cant beat that. Yes they do offer bank Xfer and COD. I wish they would have longer payment plans like AMS and ZZound. 8-5 month payments.