Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Andy Sneap Only Sneap related posts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 12th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Brett - K A L I S I A
Dreaded Moderator

Toontrack - Andy Sneap EZmix Pack

http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=221

Oh boy!

Last edited by Brett - K A L I S I A : November 12th, 2013 at 10:50 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 12th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jan___

Very cool. Guitars sound really good... definitely have to try this.
Old November 12th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
HeadCrusher

The voice preset with synths is pretty ridiculous.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 12th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
~BURNY~

Rainbow \m/
Old November 12th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Terminus
Mike

Interesting. Might be good to get under the hood of this and look at how he sets things up. The simulated sounds were alarmingly close to the real thing based on the YT vid.

BTE, here's a text interview w/ Andy about it

http://geargods.net/interviews/toont...ew-andy-sneap/

Last edited by Terminus : November 12th, 2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old November 13th, 2013, 04:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
smy1
Drink Beer, Kick Ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
BTE, here's a text interview w/ Andy about it

http://geargods.net/interviews/toont...ew-andy-sneap/
Haha, there's absolutely nothing about the EZmix pack in that interview
Old November 13th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fredrik-Ablaze

He sounds a bit like Dr Nefario in the interview
Old November 13th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Terminus
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by smy1 View Post
Haha, there's absolutely nothing about the EZmix pack in that interview
Yeah posted it before I read it...it's also a super short one too. It's basically hey Andy what is up? Nothin'? Ok. Later.
Old November 14th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
smy1
Drink Beer, Kick Ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
Yeah posted it before I read it...it's also a super short one too. It's basically hey Andy what is up? Nothin'? Ok. Later.
Old December 4th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Max Morton

The same as it was with EZDrummer, this made me want to actually buy EZmix

Old December 15th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lenin

I have some MIDI files stored in my computer.Will EZmix help me to get the real sound out of the MIDI files? (I'm a Cubase and EZdrummer user)
Thank you.
Old December 16th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Max Morton

Vladimir Illich, you should rather check out the EzKeys and EzDrummer product line (for drums and keys midi). EzMix is for mixing audio.

Old December 17th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
bryan_kilco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin View Post
I have some MIDI files stored in my computer.Will EZmix help me to get the real sound out of the MIDI files? (I'm a Cubase and EZdrummer user)
Thank you.
Yep, just drop them in and you don't have to do anything! All files will be sent to Andy Sneap and he will send you back the BOSS version!

Actually, I'm not sure EZMix even works with MIDI. It's more like presets for individual instruments.
Old December 24th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
meanmrmustad
Supreme Member

Is this thing worth getting?
Old December 24th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
meanmrmustad
Supreme Member

I just went on the Toontrack website and this thing has a Dalek Preset!!!!
I need to get it lol
Old December 29th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mm1066
Mediocre metal maker

Re: Toontrack - Andy Sneap EZmix Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_kilco View Post
Yep, just drop them in and you don't have to do anything! All files will be sent to Andy Sneap and he will send you back the BOSS version! Actually, I'm not sure EZMix even works with MIDI. It's more like presets for individual instruments.
I'm pretty certain it will work with MIDI, well with EZDrummer at least. Andy said it in the video

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
And why are those drums panned the other way round? Is it the same drummer or a new left handed one?
Old December 31st, 2013, 10:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
ArthurD

Just kempered all the tones =) (turned off the gate by editing the preset)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mago View Post
I think I read that the FX Loop problem can be solved by plugin a cable in and out a few times.
You know, same as during le sexy time^^
Quote:
(...) it sounds like a hottest girl in universe telling you that you're the best man she had met in her life and that she wants your dick in her mouth RIGHT NOW. That how fucking sweet it sounds, man
Old January 1st, 2014, 01:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
VESmedic

I don't care what anyone says, the guitar tones in this are absolutely FANTASTIC. I am a die hard kemper lover as most people know, but these guitar tones (atleast to me) kill 90 percent of the "free" profiles on the rig exchange, and I stand by that comment. Really love what this expansion has done for me. Also, between this and metal machine, my drums have never sounded better. While I am a noob at mixing drums, this definitely gets you in the ball park of what sounds REALLY good, and to go from there. I turned off all the EQ's in metal machine, applied some of the sneap drum presets on each channel (snare pop, kick 2 on the kick track) and a few other out of hte ordinary ideas (metal mix on the entire kit, mono room preset on the entire kit as well) and it blew away anything I've done personally in metal machine myself. I am no mixing engineer, but for getting GREAT sounds and getting your ideas out there quick that really give the sonic push and idea you are trying to put across to your listener, there is nothing that touches this I've heard yet. DEFINITELY worth the measily 50 bucks (38.99 at audio deluxe).
Old January 1st, 2014, 01:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
shine
Crunchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VESmedic View Post
I don't care what anyone says, the guitar tones in this are absolutely FANTASTIC. I am a die hard kemper lover as most people know, but these guitar tones (atleast to me) kill 90 percent of the "free" profiles on the rig exchange, and I stand by that comment. Really love what this expansion has done for me. Also, between this and metal machine, my drums have never sounded better. While I am a noob at mixing drums, this definitely gets you in the ball park of what sounds REALLY good, and to go from there. I turned off all the EQ's in metal machine, applied some of the sneap drum presets on each channel (snare pop, kick 2 on the kick track) and a few other out of hte ordinary ideas (metal mix on the entire kit, mono room preset on the entire kit as well) and it blew away anything I've done personally in metal machine myself. I am no mixing engineer, but for getting GREAT sounds and getting your ideas out there quick that really give the sonic push and idea you are trying to put across to your listener, there is nothing that touches this I've heard yet. DEFINITELY worth the measily 50 bucks (38.99 at audio deluxe).
Can you post a short clip of that mix?
Old January 1st, 2014, 06:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
VESmedic

Will do after work!
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
shine
Crunchy

Quote:
Will do after work!
Old January 4th, 2014, 01:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
VESmedic

Hey guys sorry I haven't forgot about ya! Just been a
Crazy few days... I'm about to upload some tones I did for a band using the sneap expansion... Will probably upload 6 o 7,
Different combinations of the presets. Some of them have the "guitar bus" preset on the entire
Guitar bus as well.... Give me a few and they will be on soundcloud!
Old January 4th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
VESmedic

Alright guys, uploaded some tones for all of you to check out. Some are alittle gainy for my taste, but the band was into the sound. Go to my soundcloud and take a listen. The uploads that are "AC" and then a number are all ezmix andy sneap expansion tones. No post processing. There should be 8 or 9 of them. Check out around the 50 second mark of the track you can really hear how open these sims are, really sounds great I think. Curious to see what everyone thinks about them honestly. Guitar used was a jackson SL2 with an EMG85 in the bridge. Will post the entire track when it's complete. The different combinations should be decently self explanatory on what tones were used, but if you have any questions let me know. All 4 guitars were panned 100/100 80/80 so for instance, "east bay thrash_godzilla" wound imply the outside guitars are east bay, inside guitars are godzilla preset. "AE neme 1_3" would imply "1" is the outside guitars, "3" is the inside.

https://soundcloud.com/truckguy3
Old January 5th, 2014, 08:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
shine
Crunchy

Quote:
Alright guys, uploaded some tones for all of you to check out. Some are alittle gainy for my taste, but the band was into the sound. Go to my soundcloud and take a listen. The uploads that are "AC" and then a number are all ezmix andy sneap expansion tones. No post processing. There should be 8 or 9 of them. Check out around the 50 second mark of the track you can really hear how open these sims are, really sounds great I think. Curious to see what everyone thinks about them honestly. Guitar used was a jackson SL2 with an EMG85 in the bridge. Will post the entire track when it's complete. The different combinations should be decently self explanatory on what tones were used, but if you have any questions let me know. All 4 guitars were panned 100/100 80/80 so for instance, "east bay thrash_godzilla" wound imply the outside guitars are east bay, inside guitars are godzilla preset. "AE neme 1_3" would imply "1" is the outside guitars, "3" is the inside.

https://soundcloud.com/truckguy3
Thanks for posting! To be honest I'm not impressed as I thought I would be...guess I expected more
Old January 5th, 2014, 02:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
VESmedic

Thanks for the response? What didn't you like? To be honest it could be a number of things: style of music, maybe too much gain, maybe the presets don't fit the style etc. they slice right through the mix though and are very upfront and thick sounding I gotta say. I'm also a noob too with recording, I'm sure many of you could do much better than I could!