Anthrax  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Anthrax
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
kirkland

New Six Feet Under - Undead

I just downloaded it (yes I also pre ordered it)

must say I haven't been too much of a fan of this band but this album is absolutely crushing! BRUTAL death metal. Chris Barnes sounds better than he has since the Cannibal Corpse days

For those that like ultra heavy/brutal death metal give it a try you will be pleasantly surprised!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 26th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Anthrax_Mosher
True Fan

Looking forward to this and Ill get it when it comes out.

Another killer track from it:

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
mrthrax
riffer madness

i was umming and rrrring about whether to go,i do enjoy good death metal live,they are touring here next week i thinks,should i go?,they are playing with devildriver
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
kirkland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrthrax View Post
i was umming and rrrring about whether to go,i do enjoy good death metal live,they are touring here next week i thinks,should i go?,they are playing with devildriver
Oh yes, definitely go to this! They are even playing some Cannibal Corpse songs live I believe. They have a new line up with Kevin Talley on drums, Barnes is sounding and looking great, I am sure it will be an unbelievable show. I am jealous I really want to see the new Six Feet Under line up!

Devildriver always puts on a good show too
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
the Medication

Sounds good. Has this release got the 2 members from Chimaira then? Rob Arnold and another...?
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
kirkland

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Medication View Post
Sounds good. Has this release got the 2 members from Chimaira then? Rob Arnold and another...?
Kevin Talley is on drums, the guy is a fuckin beast. This album is brutal as fuck. Been listening to that and Soulfly's "Enslaved" non stop the past week or so. Both albums are amazing
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
the Medication

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
Kevin Talley is on drums, the guy is a fuckin beast. This album is brutal as fuck. Been listening to that and Soulfly's "Enslaved" non stop the past week or so. Both albums are amazing
Oh ya, Talley is a machine. I believe the new guitarist is indeed Rob Arnold. I think Matt de Vries, also from Chimaira, was filling in on bass for a while
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
kirkland

Check out this disturbing lyrics video lol

Chris Barnes certainly knows how to write sick lyrics

Some instantly classic lines in this one!
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
kirkland

Bought it yesterday. It is great!
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Anthrax_Mosher
True Fan

Will pick up ASAP!

Old May 25th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
mrthrax
riffer madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
Oh yes, definitely go to this! They are even playing some Cannibal Corpse songs live I believe. They have a new line up with Kevin Talley on drums, Barnes is sounding and looking great, I am sure it will be an unbelievable show. I am jealous I really want to see the new Six Feet Under line up!

Devildriver always puts on a good show too
they never made it into australia lol
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
aztattooedsean
crazed tattooed metalhead

I just saw them with Dying Fetus last night.

It had been a while since both bands had interested me but slap me and call me silly but both bands have put out very good new cds.

For Dying Fetus, it is a return to the awesome sound and playing style they had during the Killing on Adrenaline and Destroy the Opposition class cds!!! If you don't have these two, I highly recommend them along with new cd Reign Supreme.

I was never a big Chimaira fan but damned if the 2 guys from that band along with Kevin(who was awesome back in the day with dying fetus and misery index) make Six Feet Under relevant again plus they did indeed put out a very good new cd and the new songs sounded well mixed with the old stuff last night.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MDFandOEFsupporters/
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
kirkland

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedsean666 View Post
I just saw them with Dying Fetus last night.

It had been a while since both bands had interested me but slap me and call me silly but both bands have put out very good new cds.

For Dying Fetus, it is a return to the awesome sound and playing style they had during the Killing on Adrenaline and Destroy the Opposition class cds!!! If you don't have these two, I highly recommend them along with new cd Reign Supreme.

I was never a big Chimaira fan but damned if the 2 guys from that band along with Kevin(who was awesome back in the day with dying fetus and misery index) make Six Feet Under relevant again plus they did indeed put out a very good new cd and the new songs sounded well mixed with the old stuff last night.
I saw them in Hollywood on Sunday night. It was sold out. It was honestly one of the best shows I have seen in years. Dying Fetus was good but Six Feet Under put on one of the best performances ever. All the band members sounded amazing. The Cannibal Corpse songs were awesome mixed in. Chris Barnes was on top of his game. I am glad he is taking care of himself and seems to have returned as one of the best in the business!