Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > Backline
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Backline Gear, software, plugins, samples, IRs ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 17th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #8651 (permalink)
rispsira

No man, i had to buy it. My friend was going to France so it was sent to him from thomann so he can bring me it when he comes back so i bought the bag for him to be able to transport it. Also thought it would come in handy..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 17th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #8652 (permalink)
MG-Chris
80's Thrash > *

New project time.

Old March 17th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #8653 (permalink)
Loren Littlejohn
Lover of all boobage.

Man I dig the shit out of that swirl.
Old March 17th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #8654 (permalink)
Donovan S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG-Chris View Post
New project time.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 18th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #8655 (permalink)
Pekka Posio
Mr. Pussy 'O

Thanks for the comments guys! You make my boner feel justified. Here is a pic of my almost whole penis (my main guitar is missing there )

Old March 18th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #8656 (permalink)
Doomsayer4013

Got the Peavey about six months ago for about $600. Got the Mesa 412 a couple days ago for $550 in damn near perfect condition.

Old March 19th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #8657 (permalink)
MG-Chris
80's Thrash > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsayer4013 View Post
Got the Peavey about six months ago for about $600. Got the Mesa 412 a couple days ago for $550 in damn near perfect condition.
I have the 6505+ flavor of that setup and it smokes. Awesome rig man, and one hell of a price on both!
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #8658 (permalink)
Doomsayer4013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG-Chris View Post
I have the 6505+ flavor of that setup and it smokes. Awesome rig man, and one hell of a price on both!
Yessir. I honestly didn't care for the 6534+ with the previous cab I had, which was a custom-made 412 with eminence speakers. Had no bottom end at all. The Mesa 412 completely changed that. Sound so beefy now. Posted a brief clip on the rate my mix section if anyone cares to hear it.
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #8659 (permalink)
muckypup1
Sinister Haven \m/

I just got this http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...00490154_n.jpg

Or a nicer stock photo of it http://www.petercooksguitars.co.uk/c...dah8d8eo1vomt0

Charvel desolation ds 2, it plays much nicer than i was expecting it to, though i think i'll have to have a pickup change at some point, the stock ones are a little noisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialNumb View Post
When you leave the toilet do you: Fap, jizz into toilet, have a cig and leave the shit cause I'm the only one here. Besides my dogs love to drink that shit.
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #8660 (permalink)
Max Morton

Got this. I'm in love

Old March 20th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #8661 (permalink)
sprack
Thread Killer

^ Very nice.
Old March 20th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #8662 (permalink)
DeclanWhite
Seniġr Member

^ one of these bad boys
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #8663 (permalink)
B36arin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanWhite View Post

^ one of these bad boys
How does it sound? I've been strongly considering getting one of those to have at home to jam with. I have a Recto 4x12" which I use for recording, but I don't want to spend my money on something which sounds awful. I've only read good reviews though and it's dirt cheap!
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #8664 (permalink)
MetalJonesy
more metal, more booze!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B36arin View Post
How does it sound? I've been strongly considering getting one of those to have at home to jam with. I have a Recto 4x12" which I use for recording, but I don't want to spend my money on something which sounds awful. I've only read good reviews though and it's dirt cheap!
they sound great for their price. It's the only cab i have now as i downsized. I used it to track Apostates EP with, its not as nice as my marshall 1960a i had loaded with V30s.. mainly just the bottom end, but a very nice cab to use for jams, and practice!! sounds better than the 4x12 version IMO!

BLUE!!
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #8665 (permalink)
DigitalMetal
Building a Mini SSL

Same unit as the famous/legendary Eric Johnson and David Gilmour "Tube Driver" this is one of the models Mr Butler named the Real Tube "911" after his favourite model of Porsche Car
Google/Youtube searches will yeild some clips for you im not about to embarrass myself with my bad playing.
Its silky smooth for leads though if you like Pink floyd throw it in front of a tube amp , its the pedal you are looking for!
ProTools HD 10, BLA Modified MOTU 24 i/o and 2408MK3, RME ADI8 Converter, PT Mix3/G4 Mac, Euphonix MC Control & MC Mix, TC Electronic BMC-2 DAC, TC Powercore Firewire & PCI MK2 x2, UAD-1,UAD2 Quad, Yamaha NS10's, PMC TB1's, Genelec 1029A's, All UAD, Softube, Slate Digital, McDSP, SSL, Powercore Plugins, Sonnox, Avid HEAT, Amek 9098 Dual Pre, Focusrite ISA220, ENGL E530, Marshall JMP1, Bugera 333XL,+ more
Old March 21st, 2012, 12:20 AM   #8666 (permalink)
tgs
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMetal View Post

Same unit as the famous/legendary Eric Johnson and David Gilmour "Tube Driver" this is one of the models Mr Butler named the Real Tube "911" after his favourite model of Porsche Car
Google/Youtube searches will yeild some clips for you im not about to embarrass myself with my bad playing.
Its silky smooth for leads though if you like Pink floyd throw it in front of a tube amp , its the pedal you are looking for!
Ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu.... Their grey Tube Driver pedal is my holy grail. I played one into a Fender Vibrochamp some years ago while I worked in a studio in Austin and I've been wanting to get that exact setup since then. The sounds I was able to get from it... Saw the grey one second hand in Sweden recently but of course couldn't spare the cash right then.

How would this model compare to it, out of curiosity?
Old March 21st, 2012, 02:05 AM   #8667 (permalink)
DigitalMetal
Building a Mini SSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgs View Post
Ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu.... Their grey Tube Driver pedal is my holy grail. I played one into a Fender Vibrochamp some years ago while I worked in a studio in Austin and I've been wanting to get that exact setup since then. The sounds I was able to get from it... Saw the grey one second hand in Sweden recently but of course couldn't spare the cash right then.

How would this model compare to it, out of curiosity?
Its exactly the same unit with a different name and colour sceme, and it sounds fantastic driving my Seymour Duncan Convertible Tube amp (its a bit like a Boogie MK1).
Butler had some issues with a company he licenced the design to so did a few different versions of the same design.
All the accurate infor is here from the man himself:
http://home.comcast.net/~jroscoe/bkbutler.html

Stay away from the models that run on external power supplies the only real ones are mains powered straight into the box.

If you want a new one he is building them again in small numbers,
see here: http://www.butleraudio.com/
i picked this one up cheap from ebay and its mint! i think because it has a different name people didnt know its worth and i win
ProTools HD 10, BLA Modified MOTU 24 i/o and 2408MK3, RME ADI8 Converter, PT Mix3/G4 Mac, Euphonix MC Control & MC Mix, TC Electronic BMC-2 DAC, TC Powercore Firewire & PCI MK2 x2, UAD-1,UAD2 Quad, Yamaha NS10's, PMC TB1's, Genelec 1029A's, All UAD, Softube, Slate Digital, McDSP, SSL, Powercore Plugins, Sonnox, Avid HEAT, Amek 9098 Dual Pre, Focusrite ISA220, ENGL E530, Marshall JMP1, Bugera 333XL,+ more
Old March 21st, 2012, 03:12 AM   #8668 (permalink)
tgs
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMetal View Post
Its exactly the same unit with a different name and colour sceme, and it sounds fantastic driving my Seymour Duncan Convertible Tube amp (its a bit like a Boogie MK1).
Butler had some issues with a company he licenced the design to so did a few different versions of the same design.
All the accurate infor is here from the man himself:
http://home.comcast.net/~jroscoe/bkbutler.html

Stay away from the models that run on external power supplies the only real ones are mains powered straight into the box.

If you want a new one he is building them again in small numbers,
see here: http://www.butleraudio.com/
i picked this one up cheap from ebay and its mint! i think because it has a different name people didnt know its worth and i win
Brilliant, thanks for the info! I've seen them on Ebay in USA when I've checked but they're very scarce on this side of the pond. But some day...
Old March 21st, 2012, 03:46 AM   #8669 (permalink)
DeclanWhite
Seniġr Member

only just bought it. not here yet :P will post a real life pic when that happens
Old March 21st, 2012, 02:23 PM   #8670 (permalink)
Loren Littlejohn
Lover of all boobage.

I used one of those tube tech pedals years ago. IIRC it sounded great. But I couldn't have been more than 15/16 when I did so no idea if it really did or not.
Old March 21st, 2012, 02:55 PM   #8671 (permalink)
Ensi
CAT WITH FUKKEN PODS

Quote:
Originally Posted by B36arin View Post
I recently got one and I love it! Real good value too!

Here are some clips (I am still new with recording real amps but thought this should give you some insight):

Micced SM57:

In mix (Ola's LRA, reamped through my toneport (oh lord) haha):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1064562/Mixi...53_reamps2.mp3

Camera sound:

Also can anyone comment on that last vids quality? I just got a new camera and I have no idea what format/codec this/that to use. The rendered file looks good but the raw/uncompressed file looks even better.

Gear:
Jackson Stars RR-J2SP, LTD MH-1000ET, JS30RR, Fender CD-60, Squier Vint. Mod 5-string J-bass
EVH 5150 III 50w, Harley Benton 2x12 v30, ISP Decimator, Maxon OD808, Korg Pitchblack
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Redeye 3D Phantom, Yamaha HS8, Shure SM57, T-Bone SC400, M-Audio Q40
YouTube | SoundCloud
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:07 PM   #8672 (permalink)
sam14
Tard

+

(Dimarzio D activator 7 bridge)

Pickup has arrived, guitar doesn't get here till next week, too excited for words!
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:33 PM   #8673 (permalink)
DigitalMetal
Building a Mini SSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgs View Post
Brilliant, thanks for the info! I've seen them on Ebay in USA when I've checked but they're very scarce on this side of the pond. But some day...
There's lots of info around about DIY clones if you are into electronics, i was actually going to build one and just by chance saw this one on ebay and snapped it up cheaper than it would cost to build one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren Littlejohn View Post
I used one of those tube tech pedals years ago. IIRC it sounded great. But I couldn't have been more than 15/16 when I did so no idea if it really did or not.
everything sounds better years ago
Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:07 AM   #8674 (permalink)
DeclanWhite
Seniġr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensi View Post
I recently got one and I love it! Real good value too!

Here are some clips (I am still new with recording real amps but thought this should give you some insight):

Micced SM57:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvWszcR15ac

Camera sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5my3GuAeFAY

Also can anyone comment on that last vids quality? I just got a new camera and I have no idea what format/codec this/that to use. The rendered file looks good but the raw/uncompressed file looks even better.
you're now my favourite forum member. thanks man! makes me even more keen for the cab to arrive. also, im getting one of those amps! damn
Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:53 AM   #8675 (permalink)
GuitarHack
Krank it UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensi View Post

That guitar sound is FANTASTIC!!!

Been trying to talk myself out of buying a 5153 Mini. Struggling to find a good reason.

Harley is looking like a good option also for jamming.

Declan, where'd you buy your Cab from?