Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > Backline
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Backline Gear, software, plugins, samples, IRs ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 3rd, 2009, 07:19 AM   #201 (permalink)
xturbox

Well, here it is my attempt of using Roosevelt I5 4 (6" away).

test_Roosevelt_I5_4
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 12th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #202 (permalink)
vicnest

thanks for the programs

HyBrit + Nebula Mesa
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 21st, 2009, 03:09 AM   #203 (permalink)
vicnest

LePou's Le456 + AE's Lincoln

It's a pitty the amp died when sampling. The programs sound great with LePou's new preamp sim
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #204 (permalink)
Vendo

Still working with Nebula? Just wondering if it still beats IR┤s or whatever...... noone seems to talk about this anymore.

Regards
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:29 PM   #205 (permalink)
Ermz
»\(░_o)/»

I use Nebula all the time for saturation and mix EQ. Never heard it not suck for cab emulation though. The developers didn't seem very receptive to our criticisms in this regard, so I've long since given up on it.
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:45 PM   #206 (permalink)
Vendo

Too bad...but im still looking forward for the next step in cabinet emulation.

Regards
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #207 (permalink)
SimonSez

I'm working on a new batch of Mesa 4x12 cab programs and they should me much better quality than before. To me after hearing Nebula programs a static impulse just doesn't cut it anymore.
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #208 (permalink)
Ermz
»\(░_o)/»

Hey, if anybody is willing to provide a Nebula cab program that beats Ryan's Pres 8 impulse, I'm all ears.
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:36 AM   #209 (permalink)
dcb
nerd

i hope jocke and fredrik give nebula a try...
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:49 AM   #210 (permalink)
Vendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSez View Post
I'm working on a new batch of Mesa 4x12 cab programs and they should me much better quality than before. To me after hearing Nebula programs a static impulse just doesn't cut it anymore.
Great !! Already thought this whole thing just died.
Old June 19th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #211 (permalink)
tdr

+1

I'm glad that people keep trying. I'm not a Nebula user (yet), but I donated a few bucks to Marcus back last year when it was discussed whether Nebula could bridge the gap between real cabs and impulses. Too bad that things did not work out as hoped for. I'm curious to hear what you will come up with.
Old June 19th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #212 (permalink)
AeternusEternus

I'll never stop trying.

I just bought this a few weeks ago (not my picture):

It can be either a 50W power amp or a 15W power amp with the flick of a switch. The 15W thing adds a new dynamic entirely, I've never tried Nebula/impulses with such a low wattage. So now I've got a Marshall 9100/Marshall 1960A combo, and a Mesa Fifty-Fifty/Mesa OS 4x12 combo. My new apartment has concrete above, below, and around me. Also, I'm single.

So now that I have nothing better to do..
Old June 20th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #213 (permalink)
jesus69lol

I'd love to see some more progress in Nebula impulses. I got Nebula for cabinet emulation which ended up being slightly lackluster thus far but have found it to be incredibly useful for saturation and eq. Some very smart person is going to figure this out.
Old June 21st, 2010, 12:04 PM   #214 (permalink)
Vendo

Does anyone know how to load the free programs in logic 9? i┤ve wrapped the plugin to AU and put the programs and vectors into library/audio/presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula3/Programs or Vectors.

regards
Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:36 AM   #215 (permalink)
Vendo

Hey! Does anyone want to upload Metaltastic┤s Mesa Program again? Can┤t get it....

Regards
Old January 8th, 2011, 05:57 PM   #216 (permalink)
hoehlentroll

+1
Old January 9th, 2011, 08:59 AM   #217 (permalink)
FF666

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/911721/Poi%20EnglV30%201.n2v
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/911721/Poi%20EnglV30%201.n2p
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/911721/METAL...RG%20CLEAN.N2V
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/911721/METAL...RG%20CLEAN.N2P
Poidaobi and metaltastic programs.
Hope you like it.
I don't like Nebula cab simulation. To me, it sounds like if it was mic'd from the back of the cab. Worse than traditional impulses.
Old January 9th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #218 (permalink)
Mancha

There was definatelly something wrong with the way previous programs were made, cause Ownhammer programs sound nothing like those and are actually pretty good.

I`m just starting to get the hang of them, but here`s a short example:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/345863/Ownhammer%20%20test.mp3
Old January 10th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #219 (permalink)
jauernis

Sounds pretty chunky to me over here on headphones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancha View Post
There was definatelly something wrong with the way previous programs were made, cause Ownhammer programs sound nothing like those and are actually pretty good.

I`m just starting to get the hang of them, but here`s a short example:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/345863/Ownhammer%20%20test.mp3

"Common sense is not so common." Voltaire

"When seagulls follow a trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. " Cantona
Old March 15th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #220 (permalink)
clasam

Bump!

Any new life here?
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #221 (permalink)
joaquinotero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeternusEternus View Post
All I did was load my CS2 session (which has all of the default settings I use), go to the Offline panel, uncheck Sync, and hit Generate. What that does is take the same tone it would use in Online mode, and puts it in WAV form on your harddrive. So instead of NAT playing the WAV, recording the output, AND deconvolving, all it does is give you the WAV so you can process it and bring it back, and all NAT does is deconvolve.

So, that's all. CS2 -> Offline -> Generate. This is the file it generates, and it's the file I sent out to everyone, and when they send it back, all I do is load CS2, go to Offline mode, uncheck Sync, load their recorded file, and hit deconvolve. That's how you have all you have today.

But, that's all with the CS2 default settings. With CS2, I came extremely close, so I stopped moving around too much on it. I kept the settings the same for the most part, and if I found any differences by changing small settings, they were so insignificant that I forget I even did it by now. But that doesn't mean I did everything there was to do, you know? The possibilities are limitless. There are still a lot of settings people can toy with, and I'll dive into that a bit here..

Lemme start by saying that I start with NAT and no session. Giancarlo began helping me while we were still trying to make Nebula match impulses, remember? So when I started trying to do dynamics, I created a cab session from scratch. That's Cab Session 2.

Opening that in NAT gives you pretty much a blank slate. Click into the Expert panel, and I'll go over a few things..

You'll see that I used the template Template_dynamic_1h (10K), seven 15-second sweeps with a 2-decibel variance between them, and only repeat this process once. This is why the test tone WAV file is seven sweeps long and are quieter each time.

Now, what would happened if we used ten 20-second sweeps with a 10-decibel variance each time? I have no idea. But this is a modification to Cab Session 2 that ANYONE can make and try. All you have to do is edit the Length, Repeats, Steps, etc fields in the Expert panel in NAT. If you only edit those things, you'll STILL be using the same test tone, and NAT will analyze and deconvolve them in the SAME way, but there will just be more or less or louder or quieter tones. You will still retain the integrity of the cab programs.

You'll also see that I used Enhanced mode, Mono, and 64-bits. Changing these may give you a different sound, but I'm about 100% confident you'd be taking a step in the wrong direction by doing so because of my workings with Giancarlo. For Kernels, I've set the number at 5, and when I went to 10, I noticed absolutely zero difference except for a file that was twice as large. Maybe it can make a difference to have more or less, but I'm pretty stoked about the sound we're getting now, so I'm cool with it.

I wouldn't even touch anything on the Envelopes tab.

Honestly, that's all there really is to it. If you JUST load CS2, you have exactly the same settings I use for both online and offline sampling. The only changes I would ever make are described above.

No sir. Reamp boxes are used to change the impedence of the signal from line level to instrument level so the input of your amp can be driven hard. With sine sweeps, you want to BYPASS the preamp section, because it will sound silly and the end result is bad. So, you tap directly into the power section by going into the FX Loop Return. Your power amp (and ANY power amp) is looking for a line level signal (that's what comes from your preamp), so you are perfectly perfect to send a cable from your interface to the FX Loop Return of your amp.

But BE CAUTIOUS. By doing this, you'll PROBABLY be bypassing your master volume, depending on the amplifier of course. What that means for you is that if you just run the sine sweep out into your FX Return, it's probably going to sound like a volcanic eruption in your room. This is NORMAL, and your amp and speakers CAN take it just fine, but you probably don't want to do it that loud. You have two options to turn it down.

If you're sampling offline, you're sending the signal out FROM Cubase or Protools or something. Just turn the sine sweep signal down here on its track properties.

Now, on the Online Sampler, there's a Gain field. What that does is change the output level of the sine sweep(s) in the same way that the volume control on Cubase's track properties will. Generally, you'll get between -50 and -20.

Awesome work, thanks for sharing it.
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:42 PM   #222 (permalink)
Keeper1987

Hello, any chances to reupload impulses?
Thx, Keeper
Old February 26th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #223 (permalink)
PVDHP

yep it's would be good to make some revision
Old February 27th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #224 (permalink)
schismatic
Kintsugi is coming

Bump - what's the current progress with Nebula cab programs? Are the new Ownhammer Standard Series considered to be any good?? I loved the dynamics present in them but also found them to be tonally different to what I wanted.

Kit:

Axes:
Ibanez RG1570, Peavey Cherrywood Bass, Martin DX1

Drums:
Roland HD-1

Guitar Rig:
Bugera 6260 2x12
JF-01 overdrive, Boss NS-2, Ibanez DL5, EHX Stereo Memory Man Hazarai, Bright Onion ABY Looper
Free VST sims + Nebula Cabs

Mics:
SM57, Rode M3, SP B1

Reaper

Old February 27th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #225 (permalink)
Mancha

I just recently installed Nebula again after a few years of playing with POD HD500 and impulses, and I found Kalthaleen Nebula programs to be quite good when you hit the right combination for what you want out of a tone.
They do feel very dynamic, especially when you play.
Here`s a little clip of good ol` Jeff`s ROS

http://db.tt/AXNbGSuA