Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > Backline
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Backline Gear, software, plugins, samples, IRs ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 5th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Dalinkwent48@aim.com
Be Creative, Get Laid

Guru- you could use google sketchup and do the same stuff with it, his drawings may even be sketchup

Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethSE View Post
stupid gareth doesnt afraid of anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nectar-and-Fuel View Post
i used a 4:1 ratio on the faggotry/awesome control and then twisted the remaining knobs so they looked like a chicken-headed nigger nugget
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 22nd, 2010, 05:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
jipchen
Max

Back with some news
- The two windows in the controlroom were bricked up, as was one window in the "to-be"-liveroom
- I ordered the new windows (the big glassdoor in the controlroom and one noise insulation window for the liveroom)
- a few minor works (painting the corridor, dismounting the heaters, filled a gap between a drywall and brickwall with foam spray, etc.)

Last but certainly not least:
We grinded off the goddamn bitumen on the floor.
GOD DAMN! That stuff is super bad, it is highly toxical and causes cancer. Thanks. I didn't even knew it was that shit until yesterday.
Anyways, we got this bigass machine and it took five hours to get this shit out of my room. Now the floor is pretty clean and nice again. Love it.
I will lay up the new floor very very soon. I have to do some recording and mixing work on sunday, but I guess we'll do it on monday. SO excited
An electrician will come tomorrow and we'll probably begin to do some of the work, but I still haven't got the final plans so I don't really know where the sockets will have to be etc.

Pics:

the old cancerfloor:

working on it:

nearly finished:

my dad scaring the shit out of me:

me looking retarded (the pic was taken in the very beginning, that's why I could still smile lol)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 29th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #28 (permalink)
jipchen
Max

NEW FLOOR
Controlroom:

(the last 2 rows are left out because the window will be replaced)

Live:

I know the walls are fucked up, especially the lower parts, I'm painting them these days. Most parts of the walls won't be visible, though..
Still waiting for the windows and the AC

Oh and I've got a working internet connection and a telephone connection. Hell fucking yeah

Last edited by jipchen : October 29th, 2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
AboutBlank

Start above and work your way down

The floor should be the last step...
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:05 AM   #30 (permalink)
jipchen
Max

Haha you're right. But after living in a house with no real floor for about a month, I was really fed up.
Old October 30th, 2010, 05:59 AM   #31 (permalink)
AboutBlank

Yeah, gotcha, and it so cool to actually see something going forward
Old November 1st, 2010, 06:27 AM   #32 (permalink)
jipchen
Max

Old November 1st, 2010, 07:09 AM   #33 (permalink)
Paulie!
\(_o)/ How Do Trigger?

Looks good dude, like the layouts in the render..

Side Note: I pretty sure the renders were done in sketchup.. it's a free download Jason, you should check it out.. it's not too hard to learn, and it has a built in function for searching objects (you can find alot of what you need easily: drums, monitors, consoles, etc..)

-P

TITUS - Progressive Death - Vocals

Check us out!
Reverbnation

Facebook

Bandcamp - TITUS [EP] Now Available

Twitter: @thebandTITUS
Old November 2nd, 2010, 07:45 AM   #34 (permalink)
AHChris

Fucking tasty! Really looking forward to my visit^^
Mac Pro Quad Core - Euphonix Artist Control Surfaces - Pro Tools 10/11 - Cubase 6 - RME RayDat & ADI-8 conversion - 16 channels of Audient ASP 008 - SPL 2Control - Event Opal - Overstayer Stereo Comp - 1176 clone (x2) - Shure, Rode and Neumann microphones // Mesa Triple Rectifier (3ch) - Peavey 6505 - Marshall JCM900 - Laboga Mr Hector - Kemper Profiling PowerRack - Mesa OS 4x12 - Caparison Horus - Ibanez RG-2550 - Agile Septor 627 - Gibson SG BTFF
Old November 10th, 2010, 06:44 AM   #35 (permalink)
jipchen
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHChris View Post
Fucking tasty! Really looking forward to my visit^^
Yeah, I'll hit you up if it's a bit more of a studio than a livingroom

By the way, some progress:

Also the windows should arrive next week, and on 29./30. November the Aircondition w/ heating function will be installed. ITS FREAKIN COLD IN HERE
Oh and my S3As arrived and I plugged them in just for fun, and I was blewn away. I am an atheist but I think I've just discovered god.

Later today the electrician and me will plan some things and perhaps start to install some cables (for the AC) and sockets. We'll see.
I think I'll begin building these fuckers today:

Old November 10th, 2010, 08:53 AM   #36 (permalink)
jipchen
Max

Taadaaaam This is actually fun, gonna do the second panel now.
Old November 10th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #37 (permalink)
MetalJonesy
more metal, more booze!!!

the builds looking good dude! cheers for the updates!

BLUE!!
Old November 20th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #38 (permalink)
jipchen
Max

Progress, again. As you can see, I fucked up the height.. haha. I did the measurement with the old floor, which was obviously a bit higher than the new floor. So the lumbers and particle boards are 3 cm too short. I slapped myself in the face already, so it's all good.

Old November 20th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #39 (permalink)
barricade
Giggity Geschmougen

Nice!
Were you using any kind of decouplers to seperate the wooden construction from the exsisting wall?
Old November 21st, 2010, 04:03 AM   #40 (permalink)
jipchen
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by barricade View Post
Nice!
Were you using any kind of decouplers to seperate the wooden construction from the exsisting wall?
Thanks
No, the acoustician / studio-designer didn't think it was necessary. The construction is sitting directly on the floor (not screwed to the floor, though).
I was also surprised, but perhaps it's because they are no real walls or some closed structure but wooden frames filled with glass wool / hemp that will get covered with cloth.
Old November 21st, 2010, 04:14 AM   #41 (permalink)
KHE

wow, very nice! is mika the designer? he designed our rehearsall-room-acoustics...
regards, khe
Old November 21st, 2010, 06:57 AM   #42 (permalink)
decoys

looks awesome so far man!
Old November 21st, 2010, 07:30 AM   #43 (permalink)
Jind
Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)

Looks great my friend. Someday I'm going to redesign my studio space - will I ever have separate control and live rooms - probably not, but I have little need for that setup, but I'd really like to treat my room and have a major overhaul of the layout.
Guitars/Amps: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Fender American Standard Telecaster, Egnater Tweaker Head & Matching Cab w/ Celestion G12H-30, Digitech RP1000, Various Pedals
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:13 PM   #44 (permalink)
jipchen
Max

Thanks for encouraging me guys
I've got a shitty cold right now and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the work and especially by the details and small problems that can't really be planned in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.h.e. View Post
wow, very nice! is mika the designer? he designed our rehearsall-room-acoustics...
regards, khe
Thanks! Yeah, Mika designed both rooms (I'll do the other room when the first one is finished). Did you recognize his style?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jind View Post
Looks great my friend. Someday I'm going to redesign my studio space - will I ever have separate control and live rooms - probably not, but I have little need for that setup, but I'd really like to treat my room and have a major overhaul of the layout.
Yeah it's a lot of work, especially if you're not a craftsman, like me I couldn't handle it without intense help from a friend and my father.
Basically the only thing I did with my hands before building the studio was fapping.. heh.
But still.. I'm so freaking stunned and excited for the final looks and of course the good acoustics.
I'd recommend to let an acoustician plan your room(s) or at least have a look at your plans, it's really not that expensive and it's worth a lot.

We did the wooden construction (..most of it, at least) of the rear-wall today:

Last edited by jipchen : November 21st, 2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old November 27th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
jipchen
Max

I made this thing a few days ago (just testing if the board would fit, there will be a lot of isover glasswool behind the particle board)

Today was hard.. a lot of shitty work and no real progress. At least not visible. We mounted three of eight ( ) angled square timbers.
It looks ridiculously easy but was a big PITA.

The air condition will be installed on monday (finally, it's -5C outside) and the new windows should also come next week.
I'll be able to finish the floor and the last part of the basic wooden structure then.
Old November 28th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #46 (permalink)
jipchen
Max

Hooray, we're getting closer
In the second and third pic, you can see our problem with the leaning walls
It won't be visible, I just love if everything feels and looks good (that's what she said) so the crooked walls and ceiling bugs the shit out of me.

The diffusor isn't mounted, we just wanted to get shure it fits in.
Old November 29th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #47 (permalink)
jipchen
Max

Yay, HVAC

So I just finished putting together this beast. Seriously, I love this desk, I repeat: I FUCKING LOVE IT
Might be the best investment I ever made, hehe.. the desk is absolutely what I wanted, it's stable as hell, looks amazing (imho) and has great ergonomics.
Notice the tabletop isn't some MDF plate with some veneer, it's fucking solid wood. Acacia Oh and it smells delicious. Yes, a desk can smell delicious.

Needless to say, I got it for an amazing price - originally it was labelled as a display item.
But in the end, there were some paint-problems (it was a prototype) and so they built a completely new desk. For the discounted price.)
Only sad thing is I'll have to wait for the rack-screws because they had only 30 left..
Not that I have a lot of 19" gear, but I won't have access to the female-screws when I finally mount the top-plate.. and I don't want to run out of rackspace some day.
Gotta buy 34 rack-units worth of gear first, anyway
Old November 29th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #48 (permalink)
crillemannen

Nice desk man!!!

studiohaga.net

Facebook
Old November 29th, 2010, 02:02 PM   #49 (permalink)
HeadCrusher

What company is that desk from?
Old November 29th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #50 (permalink)
jipchen
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by crillemannen View Post
Nice desk man!!!
Thanks! As I said sometime before, your self-built desk is also amazing
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCrusher View Post
What company is that desk from?
Wave Nature
Holger is a very very nice and helpful guy.
He answered my mails even in the middle of the night (1:30 a.m. )
The desk is the Masters Place Model A, they have a few different models and make also custom desks.

Last edited by jipchen : November 29th, 2010 at 02:24 PM.