Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > Backline
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Backline Gear, software, plugins, samples, IRs ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 5th, 2011, 04:46 AM   #26 (permalink)
drew_drummer
Dancefap

Thorendal's tone is not very pleasing to me. There is this awful woofiness - could be proximity effect from the microphones I suppose.

I'm not hearing anything special, and the LED flashes are fucking gehy.
www.nocleansinging.com

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 5th, 2011, 04:57 AM   #27 (permalink)
dcb
nerd

i love the thordendal tone here ! really nice°!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 5th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #28 (permalink)
NSGUITAR

Yep I dig the thordendal tone too..

I'm judging by the character of the amp, more than the frequencies it's pushing..

***WARNING!! THIS USER HAS NOT FULFILLED THE PROMISED WORK/SALES OF SEVERAL USERS ON THIS FORUM. It is recommended to avoid doing business with him.***
Old January 5th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
Wolfeman
I Prefer EL-34s. So What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Rocker View Post
That's not his signature amp, tho, is it? Isn't it just a Forza or whatever those are called?
From that description, I would venture to guess that it's a modded Forza to get the voicing how he likes it.

I now am a dealer for all sorts of amplifier parts and accessories.
Tubes, Hardware, Tolex, Grill Cloth, Speakers, FX Pedal Parts, Caps, Resistors, Etc.

To order an amp-
sales@wolfeamplification.com
For parts/accessories/general questions-
eric@wolfeamplification.com
Old January 5th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
ChrisTanakaCanwell

Oh man

I know most of you guys are into the super-saturated rhythm tones (I like them too), but the really dry, low-tuned stuff like that gives me such a boner. The FBM reminds me of my Rev1 but tighter and yet more massive sounding... probably also due to Fredrik's right hand
Old January 5th, 2011, 05:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
NSGUITAR

The first clip is Thordendale's sig amp..

***WARNING!! THIS USER HAS NOT FULFILLED THE PROMISED WORK/SALES OF SEVERAL USERS ON THIS FORUM. It is recommended to avoid doing business with him.***
Old January 5th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #32 (permalink)
crillemannen

Sounds like a sweet amp. Can agree on the thump thump sound, but that could easily be taken care of with a multicomp

studiohaga.net

Facebook
Old January 6th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #33 (permalink)
Charles J
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermz View Post
I dig Fredrik's clip. I think it quacks better than the axe-fx. Here's to hoping we get real amps on the next Meshuggah record...
+1 to both of your statements!

I wouldn't want one, but it works for Thordendal's playing and it'd be sicker than SHIT if Mesh used real amps on their new record. It might get people actually mic'ing up cabs again....

Notice how when Meshuggah when to amp sims, a majority of the masses followed, whether they realize it or not? (for the most part, generally speaking).
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #34 (permalink)
AHChris

Aaah this is kinda nice... my GAS increases
Mac Pro Quad Core - Euphonix Artist Control Surfaces - Pro Tools 10/11 - Cubase 6 - RME RayDat & ADI-8 conversion - 16 channels of Audient ASP 008 - SPL 2Control - Event Opal - Overstayer Stereo Comp - 1176 clone (x2) - Shure, Rode and Neumann microphones // Mesa Triple Rectifier (3ch) - Peavey 6505 - Marshall JCM900 - Laboga Mr Hector - Kemper Profiling PowerRack - Mesa OS 4x12 - Caparison Horus - Ibanez RG-2550 - Agile Septor 627 - Gibson SG BTFF
Old January 11th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #35 (permalink)
TheDude
Jocke Skog

The Forza we used is a tweaked one, for that occasion. The tactual Sig Amp wills be an all metal amp, in all aspects you can think of. I'm in Palo Alto right now, doing the last preparations for the namm show. It'll be awesome!

I'm using awesome gear, and one day I'll list it all.

www.jockeskog.com
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:36 AM   #36 (permalink)
tdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
The tactual Sig Amp amp
Don't know whether this a typo, but this is brilliant and hillarious.
Sorry, got nothing else to say but that I'm looking forward to some cool NAMM vids.
Old January 12th, 2011, 06:28 AM   #37 (permalink)
blackcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
The Forza we used is a tweaked one, for that occasion. The tactual Sig Amp wills be an all metal amp, in all aspects you can think of. I'm in Palo Alto right now, doing the last preparations for the namm show. It'll be awesome!
How do Fredrik and you feel about comparing this amp to the Fortin Natas?
Old January 12th, 2011, 07:21 AM   #38 (permalink)
kaomao

Forza quattro lol
That's the name of the italian version of this famous game : http://www.hubworld.com/connect-4/ga...ect-4-ultimate
selling these amp in italy would make a lot of people laugh at the name in the end over here forza quattro is a toy.
Asap I'm gonna take a listen to these clips

Last edited by kaomao : January 12th, 2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old January 15th, 2011, 06:54 PM   #39 (permalink)
IBmixin

I have the Tuzzia, and it is brutal, i also have a 6505+ and a orange rockerverb, and the dar owns in low end authority.

its an all out balls to the wall amp, crystal clear cleans that cant be matched with any of my other tube amps, and a brutal high gain channel... the forza has the option of the crunch channel.

dont get me wrong i love my orange and peavey as well and probly wont ever stop using them but having DARs heavy tone on my pallet to work with is awesome. Mike and Paul are both great guys to deal with too.

I am one of the first of a handfull to be endorsed with this company in america and, i am proud to be a part of a company that has such innovative ideas.

wait till you guys see the new cabs that they are putting out

Last edited by IBmixin : January 15th, 2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old January 15th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #40 (permalink)
metalfanat1c

Fuck... I think that's the most punishing tone I've heard since Dimebag was alive...
Old January 17th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #41 (permalink)
maddnotez

wow

Sorry to chime in on the negative, but dude Dime's tone was horrible. Worst ever, with that being said back to the post.

Ola, Your videos are always the best. my "go to" on comparisons.

I have yet to see your DAR video but will check tonight.

I do have a question for you....Well maybe a few...

First.. what are you doing to get these tones. Ive played out of very very similar setups minus the guitar, and my sound does not even come close to yours..What gives??? Are you secretly double tracking and eq'ing or something???

Also why do you always play with your band??? Your band is good, but when Someone is tone shopping the drums and vocals and everything else gets in the way...I do understand a mix will change tone so i guess thats why.

And finally Doooode what do you do for a living, you demo nothing but super expensive amps are you an underground UK pimp?
Old January 17th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #42 (permalink)
Clockwork
Bass playing guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s5470pro View Post
Sorry to chime in on the negative, but dude Dime's tone was horrible. Worst ever, with that being said back to the post.

First.. what are you doing to get these tones. Ive played out of very very similar setups minus the guitar, and my sound does not even come close to yours..What gives??? Are you secretly double tracking and eq'ing or something???

Also why do you always play with your band??? Your band is good, but when Someone is tone shopping the drums and vocals and everything else gets in the way...I do understand a mix will change tone so i guess thats why.

And finally Doooode what do you do for a living, you demo nothing but super expensive amps are you an underground UK pimp?
I think the point of demoing things with a band is so you can see how the tone actually fits into a mix, lots of tones sound great alone but once in a mix just clash with other elements. And you should send Ola a message instead of posting your fanmail in a thread. Just sayin.
Old January 17th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #43 (permalink)
Josh Burgess

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBmixin View Post
I have the Tuzzia, and it is brutal, i also have a 6505+ and a orange rockerverb, and the dar owns in low end authority.

its an all out balls to the wall amp, crystal clear cleans that cant be matched with any of my other tube amps, and a brutal high gain channel... the forza has the option of the crunch channel.

dont get me wrong i love my orange and peavey as well and probly wont ever stop using them but having DARs heavy tone on my pallet to work with is awesome. Mike and Paul are both great guys to deal with too.

I am one of the first of a handfull to be endorsed with this company in america and, i am proud to be a part of a company that has such innovative ideas.

wait till you guys see the new cabs that they are putting out
To be fair, neither the 6505+ nor the rockerverb have great clean channels. I've always preferred the 5150/6505 over the 5150 II/6505+ too... and I didn't like the rockerverb I had much at all... The DAR could sound great, but "low end authority" isn't exactly lacking on any 5150 I've ever played, so I don't think you really need that much bass. You can actually hear the bass in the Thordendal clip woofing pretty badly...
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:54 AM   #44 (permalink)
Ola Englund
Only gay in the village

Quote:
Originally Posted by s5470pro View Post

Glad you like my stuff

Well it's not that I do anything special in particular. But what actually made my tone significantly better was when I found pickups that suited my playing perfectly. Since I discovered the Ibz V pickups I've been hooked to them since. 95% of my videos are played with a guitar that has them so yeah those are a big part of my sound. Other than that I try to keep it as simple as possible with the setup. If an amp needs a boost, I'll use one but I rather demo the amp using ONLY the amp, to give it a more fair judgement.

Dude why I always play with a band? Just search for Dual rectifier on youtube, there are +1000 clips of a dude playing with just the guitar sound. Isn't that enough?

And yeah I work as a business controller at a company in sweden. The amps are borrowed so it's not like I buy every amp. I thought people probably would have noticed that by now

Youtube
Facebook

Old January 19th, 2011, 02:01 AM   #45 (permalink)
IBmixin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Burgess View Post
To be fair, neither the 6505+ nor the rockerverb have great clean channels. I've always preferred the 5150/6505 over the 5150 II/6505+ too... and I didn't like the rockerverb I had much at all... The DAR could sound great, but "low end authority" isn't exactly lacking on any 5150 I've ever played, so I don't think you really need that much bass. You can actually hear the bass in the Thordendal clip woofing pretty badly...
Like I say it's a good tone to have on my pallet.
Thordenal vid is a voicing that they are working on to be his sig voicing. (I don't know how fond of the tone or playing I am of that demo)
when I say low end authority I was meaning how it stays nice and tight and doesn't get "woofy". I will try and get some videos of my rig up soon to give u more of an idea. Also there should be some great vids from NAMM out shortly.
-Aj
Old December 20th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #46 (permalink)
Sysdoa
San Jose Rock Shop

DAR FBM100 UPDATE!

DAR Update! FBM100 preorders are being wrapped up and will be shipping shortly. The new limited production run FBM100's are getting ready to be reserved for order placement, there are no orders being taken at this time, however we're running an early promotion for those willing to sign up for one in 2012 by offering a free ATA flight case with your purchase. We'll be demo'ing the new FBM100 on Jan. 7th at our Palo Alto facility and will post videos of that event as well as additional updates as to turnaround times. For more info, go to www.sjrockshop.com and have a great holiday!
Old December 20th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #47 (permalink)
Loren Littlejohn
Lover of all boobage.

Are you really going to be selling these fuckers at list?
Old December 20th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #48 (permalink)
Joshnano

Eh. Tone is okay. Ola's is better though.

Still, after doing some more listening around, not that impressed with DAR.
Old December 20th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #49 (permalink)
Sysdoa
San Jose Rock Shop

Prices are set at the moment until DAR goes into full production there may or may not be +/- in retail. But hey, a $400 flight case built into the price aint bad right?!
Old December 21st, 2011, 07:39 AM   #50 (permalink)
guitarguru777

Funny i spoke to Paul less then a week ago and he was telling me nothing will be ready till at least February. He was also saying they weren't even positive on the price yet.

Mixing & Mastering Available -constantinestudios (at) gmail.com

My Recent Discography:
Dario Lorina - Dario Lorina - Shrapnel Records (2013)
Jacky Vincent - Star X Speed Story - Shrapnel Records (2013)
Stoney Curtis Band - Halo Of Dark Matter - Blues Bureau (2013)
Vinny Moore, Kelly Keeling, Scot Coogan - Magna Carta Records (2014)
[/size]