Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > Bar
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bar Everything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
abyssofdreams
knows what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smy1 View Post
Just turned off the broadcast of Obama's inauguration ceremony half-way through his speech. It was boring as hell. Worst speech I have ever seen him deliver.

Things I noticed during the broadcast:

a) Aretha Franklin had a snazzy hat with lots of bling
b) that classical piece was total playback and I thought it was garbage
c) you'd think that after hundreds of speeches and a month to prepare, Obama would get the oath right ... but I guess I'd be nervous too, if I was about to become chief of the world
d) that white minister who held his little prayer/sermon in the beginning should have been shot. What happened to seperation of church and state?
e) CNN broadcast was delayed as if they had to cut out swear-words ...
f) DZA the Bootyman and I were rating chicks in the audience but kept being very disappointed. Ain't there not hot girls in DC??
g) Michelle Obama must have been freezing her ass off with what she was wearing

All in all: a total disappointment. Worst Obama-moment on TV that I have seen.
sadly I agree with your post. I felt the same. Though I thought the John Williams piece was nice but somewhat displaced...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Chryst Krispies
Vanilla Gorilla

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
abyssofdreams
knows what you think.

now THAT'S way more entertaining! Thanks
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
Torniojaws
They call me Juha

Same shit, different name.

It doesn't matter who's the front figure, the decision makers are still the same inner circle as ever. It's highly unlikely Barack will withdraw US troops from Afghanistan and Iraq (and not start a war against Iran), we won't see the US ceasing to support Israel in both money and military equipment, we won't see the US loosen up the religious extremism up to government level, we won't see the US stop acting like a world police, we won't see the US economy recovering, we won't see the government stop defending the oil producers and their money instead of supporting more environment-friendly sources of energy and fuel, we won't see the US education system improving and being accessible to poorer people, we won't see an end to the war on terrorism (especially the black and white doctrine of "Either you're with us or you're against us"), and we won't see an end to sketchy Hollywood remakes of excellent foreign movies.

VortechMusic.com - Recording a new album! Due late 2014/early 2015
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
RemoWilliams
\(_o)/ How meet Devil?

Something tells me a lot of the US needs some therapy or to take some happy pills. Bitter is the new Magenta.
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
abyssofdreams
knows what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torniojaws View Post
Same shit, different name.

It doesn't matter who's the front figure, the decision makers are still the same inner circle as ever. It's highly unlikely Barack will withdraw US troops from Afghanistan and Iraq (and not start a war against Iran), we won't see the US ceasing to support Israel in both money and military equipment, we won't see the US loosen up the religious extremism up to government level, we won't see the US stop acting like a world police, we won't see the US economy recovering, we won't see the government stop defending the oil producers and their money instead of supporting more environment-friendly sources of energy and fuel, we won't see the US education system improving and being accessible to poorer people, we won't see an end to the war on terrorism (especially the black and white doctrine of "Either you're with us or you're against us"), and we won't see an end to sketchy Hollywood remakes of excellent European movies.
You know who executive chief of staff is, don't you?
I don't care for Obama but this guy is gonna move stuff.
That's probably the single best move Obama made until now:

Old January 20th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Metaltastic

Who's that guy, Bernhard?
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:21 PM   #33 (permalink)
abyssofdreams
knows what you think.

That's my grandpa
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
AudioPhile777
Mathew Cohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by abyssofdreams View Post
are you refering to that abortion issue?
nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTD View Post
I don't understand lesbians. I mean I understand lesbians, but I don't understand why virtually every dude is into them. I don't like watching videos of cheeseburgers eat each other - on their own, they're delicious, but once they start eating each other, neither is useful to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahjteam View Post
...its fucking HARD to do as simple stuff as he does and still make it groove like a moose.
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:24 PM   #35 (permalink)
abyssofdreams
knows what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioPhile777 View Post
nope.
please point me to it then, I'm prolly using the wrong keywords in google.
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:24 PM   #36 (permalink)
Torniojaws
They call me Juha

VortechMusic.com - Recording a new album! Due late 2014/early 2015
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:26 PM   #37 (permalink)
Metaltastic

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha, "democrats suck cock"
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:29 PM   #38 (permalink)
AudioPhile777
Mathew Cohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio01169 View Post
Of course he hasn't done shit yet....he ain't the president yet.
Thank you for repeating my previous statement.

Quote:
and we don't look at him in a saint like-light, it's just that this country has been in the shit hole for four years and we want something new and we made it happen.
you mean made it happen... by default... because Bush's term was ending anyway... you say that like its a victory and it wasn't going to happen anyway.

Quote:
and for black people and some white people it's a sign that we as a country are ready and willing to get past a dark history.
Fuck you for bringing up the race card... that has NOTHING to do with anything.

Quote:
seems to me that you already have him as a failure or are hoping that he fails.
I have no respect for a politician who wants to disarm the people, someone who believes that ordinary citizens shouldn't own a single gun... and now he's our President? fail. as a country, fail.

Anyone who has paid attention in history class would realize what this government is becoming/doing... every mass genocide of a people has been brought by disarming the populace first.... seriously, brush up on your history if you don't believe me.

Quote:
I don't understand lesbians. I mean I understand lesbians, but I don't understand why virtually every dude is into them. I don't like watching videos of cheeseburgers eat each other - on their own, they're delicious, but once they start eating each other, neither is useful to me.
Quote:
...its fucking HARD to do as simple stuff as he does and still make it groove like a moose.
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:30 PM   #39 (permalink)
AudioPhile777
Mathew Cohen

Quote:
please point me to it then, I'm prolly using the wrong keywords in google.
first link in google.

http://www.votesmart.org/voting_cate...hp?can_id=9490

Quote:
Quote:
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
Metaltastic

Quote:
Fuck you for bringing up the race card... that has NOTHING to do with anything.
Whoa, easy there dude
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #41 (permalink)
Loren Littlejohn
Lover of all boobage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smy1 View Post
d) that white minister who held his little prayer/sermon in the beginning should have been shot. What happened to seperation of church and state.
You mean Billy Graham? Don't you know who the fuck he is?
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #42 (permalink)
Chryst Krispies
Vanilla Gorilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaltastic View Post
Whoa, easy there dude
Someone didn't have their coffee this morning.....

Old January 20th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #43 (permalink)
abyssofdreams
knows what you think.

Quote:
um keep in mind, I'm using the german google results pages which give a different sorting... however, just reading, thanks!
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #44 (permalink)
AudioPhile777
Mathew Cohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaltastic View Post
Whoa, easy there dude
seriously... anyone who brings up the race card is looking for sympathy, whether they admit it or not...

Quote:
Quote:
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:47 PM   #45 (permalink)
AudioPhile777
Mathew Cohen

Quote:
um keep in mind, I'm using the german google results pages which give a different sorting... however, just reading, thanks!
its ok. I didn't realize you were in Germany...

Quote:
Quote:
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:47 PM   #46 (permalink)
skuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberration View Post
Can we please stop saying "African American?" My lineage is Portuguese, English, Welsh, and German. I was born in America. I'm an American. I happen to be white. I have never been to Portugal or Wales, and I certainly don't consider myself Portuguese-American or English-American or German-American. Barack Obama is our nation's first black president, and I hope he does a bang-up job.
bahaha quoted for sheer brilliance.
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:50 PM   #47 (permalink)
smy1
Drink Beer, Kick Ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarGodgt View Post
You mean Billy Graham? Don't you know who the fuck he is?
Luckily us Germans don't really care much for religion. So, nope, I don't know who he is and I'd rather keep it that way.

I do know of an 80s wrestler named "Superstar" Billy Graham, though. He was a lot more entertaining than this preachy mofo ...

Last edited by smy1 : January 20th, 2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:54 PM   #48 (permalink)
wishtheend
clip the apex

For those who couldn't catch it - Barack didn't stumble, the other guy ommited a part of the oath which he corrected. I didn't find the speech overly life changing - but it was cool and collective but to the point on what we need to do as a country. I did enjoy his outreach to other countries - especially those in the Middle East and I was glad to hear us "non belivers" included as part of this countries religious make up.
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #49 (permalink)
Metaltastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chryst Krispies View Post
Someone didn't have their coffee this morning.....

...what?
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:56 PM   #50 (permalink)
smy1
Drink Beer, Kick Ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishtheend View Post
... and I was glad to hear us "non belivers" included as part of this countries religious make up.
Yea, that was the best part of the speech!