Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > Bar
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bar Everything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 5th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
iekobrid
Authorized XSrô Dealer

In search of the click track

http://musicmachinery.com/2009/03/02...e-click-track/

' I’ve always been curious about which drummers use a click track and which don’t, so I thought it might be fun to try to build a click track detector... '

' The steady downward slope shows shorter beat durations over the course of the song (meaning a faster song). That’s something you just can’t do with a click track. Update - as a number of commenters have pointed out, yes, you can do this with a click track. '

Tard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBroll
a complete and catastrophic nervous breakdown has sucked away a substantial portion of my life and replaced it with a hallucination where up is bacon and 808s are not TubeScreamers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 5th, 2009, 09:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Metaltastic

Hahaha, it's a cool idea, but the only thing I worry about is that people might think playing to a click is less "natural," "organic," "authentic," or other faggotronics - honestly, I've NEVER once been listening to music and said "wow, this is too tight on tempo" (and often have been disconcerted and pissed when I hear something going out of tempo); click tracks should be mandatory for anything remotely "rock" IMO! (obviously not jazz or classical)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 5th, 2009, 10:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Loren Littlejohn
Lover of all boobage.

Quote:
I ran the analysis on “Hit me baby one more time” (believe it or not, the song was not in my collection, so I had to go and find it on the internet, did you know that it is pretty easy to find music on the internet?).
Oh snap he is using the sarcasm!
Old March 5th, 2009, 11:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sinister Mephisto

Quote:
The steady downward slope shows shorter beat durations over the course of the song (meaning a faster song). Thatís something you just canít do with a click track. Update - as a number of commenters have pointed out, yes you can do this with a click track.
Haha