Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > Bar
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bar Everything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #126 (permalink)
sandra-

Wait if Nickleback doesn't suck cause they sell a lot of albums - ie: being listened to by a lot of people, does that mean....

.... Britney spears is a good artist?
.... Bush was a good president?
.... Transformers was a good movie?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #127 (permalink)
[UEAK]Clowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleh- View Post
Wait if Nickleback doesn't suck cause they sell a lot of albums - ie: being listened to by a lot of people, does that mean....

I actually think Britney's newer cd kicks some serious ass. the production is mind blowing.

I don't watch movies but I'm sure Transformers was extremely well-produced as well.

I don't think Bush was a good pres, but again, I bet his PR people were the best in the biz.

you see where I'm going? Just because you don't like something doesn't mean the people who created it weren't extremely good/skilled/talented/etc.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #128 (permalink)
Brandon E.

Quote:

1. Whoever wrote Brittany Spears music was damn good at his/her job
2. Not sure where you're going with this one
3. Transformers was a hugely successful movie...

EDIT: It seems Clowd beat me to it
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:41 PM   #129 (permalink)
sandra-

Quote:
I actually think Britney's newer cd kicks some serious ass. the production is mind blowing.

I don't watch movies but I'm sure Transformers was extremely well-produced as well.

I don't think Bush was a good pres, but again, I bet his PR people were the best in the biz.
That's the production. Nothing she did. I would never credit a CD cause it's well produced... Just like i would never buy a book cause the cover art is awesome.

No it wasn't.

Or the mass itself is always stupid.

Quote:
2. Not sure where you're going with this one
He won the elections twice -> most people voted for him -> most successful -> very good.

Quote:
you see where I'm going? Just because you don't like something doesn't mean the people who created it weren't extremely good/skilled/talented/etc.
Yes i see.
But i'm saying just because something is very successful it is not necessarily good.
I would even say there are people that can make a band as successful as nickleback with ease.

Imo (and i know i might be alone with that opinion) calling Nickleback a good band is a slap in the face of some of the masterminds of music playing and writing.

Regards sandra
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #130 (permalink)
updog

Quote:
I would never credit a CD cause it's well produced... Just like i would never buy a book cause the cover art is awesome.
While I mostly agree with you, I don't think this is correct. I think a book's poor production would be more like being full of typos and poorly phrased sentences.
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:59 PM   #131 (permalink)
updog

Let's take Lady Gaga for an example. She and her cronies are total fucking masterminds of marketing things to the masses. I think the 5th single from her first album just came out. Just look at how she dresses in music awards and such. You definitely don't think you'd wear something like that yourself, but which celebrity will you remember best after seeing the music awards from tv?

Also, there were some speculations of her having a penis. I think it was totally set up for the attention of the public.

She also can actually write songs and play instruments, so even though I fucking hate her music, I think she's a person in a position she should be in. Fucking genious.
Old November 26th, 2009, 09:18 PM   #132 (permalink)
Brandon E.

If something is making epic fucking money I think somebody has to be doing something right *shrug*
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:20 PM   #133 (permalink)
Pedro Teixeira

This thread has derailed in an epic way and that fake pic of Rihanna didn't save it. The picture of Krang did.
But anyways, staying on topic. I think the dude does seem high and it doesn't matter if he can express himself in the most technically proficient way, who cares if he uses technically correct words. Dude is doing something right, otherwise he wouldn't have the discography and success he has. But then again, answering more directly to Joey, the reason why you might never make it is just a matter of luck, he might've been in the right place at the right time, got his chance, something most people will never have. There are MANY talented and worth of sharing their talent to the world people that never get their break. Also, even if most bands Joey records aren't what most people qualify of "quality" bands, it just doesn't matter, all credits go to him for polishing each individual band into an entertainment product that SELLS, in the end it's all about that, having a final product that delivers entertainment to the consumer, I don't care if someone tells me if the kids that buy Attack Attack records are brain dead, the thing is, they ARE buying and they ARE enjoying it. Attack Attack are way more intelligent than most people for creating something that they enjoy and that has tremendous success.
I am not a fan of them by ANY chance, I hate their music, it feels soulless, uninspired, but that's a personal opinion, which any individual has the right to. The thing is, dude is good, I don't care what your opinion is, he is, he produces records that are hits, pratically all of them, if you like them or not it's your opinion, but it works and people buy them, because they get a product that delivers, it entertains them.
If he should or shouldn't be in the position he is, it doesn't matter, I think if he shouldn't then he wouldn't be where he is right now, because even if your lucky enough, if you suck and are talentless then he would have never reached the place he is right now.
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:34 PM   #134 (permalink)
Loren Littlejohn
Lover of all boobage.

So my interpretation of this thread in a nutshell would be:

"Sucky engineer guy is sucky"
"O rly?"
"Yah rly"
"Hey guise I has a vagina!"
"OH MY GOD!!!!!! VAGINA!!!!!!!"
<Fap fap fap>

"Hey where did she go?"

<Rihanna boobs and cunt photo shop>

"Joey you suck"
"That's uncalled for"
"whatever"
"Joey says "

More hilarity ensues.

Bravo everyone bravo. Will most definitely read again.
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:49 PM   #135 (permalink)
SocialNumb
Damn Christians!

emh, 4/10
Originally Posted by joeymusicguy View Post
im a pro audio janitor i clean up shit, and polish turds and i hate it
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:14 PM   #136 (permalink)
GarethSE
Banned

i dont really have any respect for nickelback, lady gaga, britney spears, 50 cent, et al as musicians in the slightest, but as businesspeople? hell yeah.
theyve all got incredible heads for business and i sure as hell respect that
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:18 PM   #137 (permalink)
ParsonsMatt
Alas, Tyranny

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarethSE View Post
i dont really have any respect for nickelback, lady gaga, britney spears, 50 cent, et al as musicians in the slightest, but as businesspeople? hell yeah.
theyve all got incredible heads for business and i sure as hell respect that
Not really... They're products. The people who write their songs/manufacture their image/promote their stuff are the geniuses, and I doubt that the "artists" in this case are any more than figureheads.

Guitars: Edwards E-FR-120GT (EMG 89/89), Carvin DC727 (X2N/Liquifire), Yamaha LS6
Amps: Mesa/Boogie Mark III, Mesa/Boogie Rectifier cabinet
Mics: Shure SM7b, Shure SM57, Shure SM81
Other: Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6, M-Audio KeyRig 49e
Old November 27th, 2009, 12:11 AM   #138 (permalink)
JeffTD
Senhor Testiculo

Ohhh my god fuck this thread. I can't believe I just read through it... fuck my life.
Old November 27th, 2009, 03:46 AM   #139 (permalink)
drew_drummer
Dancefap

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UEAK]Clowd View Post
maybe not an idiot, but certainly a tad ignorant? and I mean that in the least offensive way possible... but come on, just listen to one of their songs. they are arranged so perfectly.. the harmonies are perfect... they are catchy... the production is perfect... everything. is. perfect. and this isn't even getting into how successful they are.

I just don't understand how anyone can downtalk someone who can basically craft a hit on command, discounting jealousy as a reason of course.
Ignorant? When I already pointed out that some people judge things differently? Yeeeahh... riiiight.
www.nocleansinging.com

Old November 27th, 2009, 04:55 AM   #140 (permalink)
Pedro Teixeira

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew_drummer View Post
Ignorant? When I already pointed out that some people judge things differently? Yeeeahh... riiiight.
Dude... That's just what I said in my post. You might not actually LIKE IT, but there is no place of misjudgment when it comes to just realize and admit that they are indeed well written into an extent that every "average joe" will rave about it. It's not a matter of taste dude, ffs realize that! I don't like it for sure but I admit it is well written piece of music, it's not my cup of tea though, it feels soulless.
Old November 27th, 2009, 04:56 AM   #141 (permalink)
Harry Hughes
  ‬‬

My real name is Cherry

Old November 27th, 2009, 05:13 AM   #142 (permalink)
drew_drummer
Dancefap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sptz View Post
Dude... That's just what I said in my post. You might not actually LIKE IT, but there is no place of misjudgment when it comes to just realize and admit that they are indeed well written into an extent that every "average joe" will rave about it. It's not a matter of taste dude, ffs realize that! I don't like it for sure but I admit it is well written piece of music, it's not my cup of tea though, it feels soulless.
"Well written" is subjective. Music is TOTALLY a matter of taste; otherwise we'd all be listening to the same shit!!
www.nocleansinging.com

Old November 27th, 2009, 05:57 AM   #143 (permalink)
Jevil
Pro Evolution Fucker

Awesome thread!

Love, sex, hate, war, intelligence, retardation, nude pics, insults, culture, real chicks, faps, epicness, LOLity...
Old November 27th, 2009, 06:05 AM   #144 (permalink)
Brandon E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew_drummer View Post
"Well written" is subjective. Music is TOTALLY a matter of taste; otherwise we'd all be listening to the same shit!!
It is NOT a matter of taste. You might not like the songs sure, THAT is a matter of taste...but they are all well written and well produced and that's the end of it. It's like saying the the Mona Lisa is a shitty painting just because you don't like it
Old November 27th, 2009, 06:15 AM   #145 (permalink)
Pedro Teixeira

drew, it's really not that hard to understand. Like Morgray said, you can't say they aren't well written and well arranged, because they just are, it's up to you to like it or not.
Old November 27th, 2009, 06:19 AM   #146 (permalink)
Harry Hughes
  ‬‬

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsonsMatt View Post
Not really... They're products. The people who write their songs/manufacture their image/promote their stuff are the geniuses, and I doubt that the "artists" in this case are any more than figureheads.
Gotta be nit picky.
Lady Gaga is at least somewhat involved in the writing process

Old November 27th, 2009, 06:20 AM   #147 (permalink)
DanLights
A Venezuelan in Europe

more vagina, less internet "smart" name-calling moral accusations talk

http://www.facebook.com/adintra

Weekly Favorites - Currently Listening
Old November 27th, 2009, 06:22 AM   #148 (permalink)
JeffTD
Senhor Testiculo

SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY.

Someone close this thread NAO.
Old November 27th, 2009, 06:28 AM   #149 (permalink)
GeertSamuel

But not before we present you with this.
BTW I'm pretty happy she went "Bad" cause I like the CD...
Old November 27th, 2009, 06:37 AM   #150 (permalink)
~BURNY~