Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > Bar
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bar Everything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:07 PM   #276 (permalink)
JayB

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcossintese View Post
Battletoads: 8

Played on MAME. I had never bothered playing this game on the arcade version because when I was a kid I used to play the NES version which was fucking IMPOSSIBLE to beat. I had a big surprise when hitted the arcade version yesterday, as it is a totally different game. Sweet beat'em up with great graphics and filled with that absurd "90┤s badass" style. If you grew up in the 90┤s you know what I mean: TNMT, SWAT Cats, Bart Simpson, Beavis & Butt-Head, GWAR... This kind of funny badass stuff.

The levels are very unique and the gameplay doesn┤t get boring. There┤s plenty of bloody and the combo finalizers are hilarious. The controls are great and the soundtrack is pure Metal MIDI in all its glory. Two thumbs up for this game!

Reminds me of Holland vs Spain
Wow I didnt even know that existed ! All I played was the impossible NES game , I believe that is the only game that literally made me throw a controller across the room.(driving sequence , and I was like 5 lol)
I've heard of the MAME thing , that's an arcade emulator right? Anywhere I could download it to check it out ?
Old July 13th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #277 (permalink)
JayB

MGS PEACE WALKER for PSP: 10/10 Fucking AMAZING game !!!
Just picked up the Collectors Edition PSP that comes with it
Old July 13th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #278 (permalink)
narcossintese

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
Wow I didnt even know that existed ! All I played was the impossible NES game , I believe that is the only game that literally made me throw a controller across the room.(driving sequence , and I was like 5 lol)
I've heard of the MAME thing , that's an arcade emulator right? Anywhere I could download it to check it out ?
Yep, MAME is an arcade emulator. Sent you a PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:15 AM   #279 (permalink)
plague_rider
Pour, Drink, Repeat

Quote:
I've been trying to beat GTA 4 for 2 years now but it is so goddamn boring
2 years to complete the story or to 100% the game??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 006 View Post
Who even plays GTA for the story?
me...

Also play it for going off on a rampage... which is a lot harder on this game than on the previous ones...
Dick picking only!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:34 AM   #280 (permalink)
JayB

Quote:
Yep, MAME is an arcade emulator. Sent you a PM.
Going to DL it now , thanks dude you rock !
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:35 AM   #281 (permalink)
JayB

Quote:
Originally Posted by plague_rider View Post
2 years to complete the story or to 100% the game??

me...

Also play it for going off on a rampage... which is a lot harder on this game than on the previous ones...
2 years to complete the story lol .. but to be honest I keep getting new games that sidetrack me... I dunno every time I start to get farther in that game something makes me stop playing it and play something else
Old July 14th, 2010, 06:36 AM   #282 (permalink)
kaomao

Quote:
Splinter Cell Conviction: 8.5

Great game! I never digged the Splinter Cell titles, but this one rocks. The campaign is pretty short but it has the perfect lenght before the gameplay mechanics and gadgets get too repetitive. The soundtrack, voice acting and atmosphere are all great, but the art direction and camera work really shine. The indications and movies projected on the surfaces are so beautiful and original that I hope other games start to copy it. When you do the right stuff to clean a room full of enemies in just a split second you feel like the ultimate badass. The ending is also cool.
Seriously the worst splinter cell ever, not because of the technical stuff (as you said graphics/acting etc etc were top notch). it was really the gamedesign that sucked. From stealth to an action title, I hope nobody will "copy from it". It's too similar to a lot of other titles outthere.
Old July 14th, 2010, 06:57 AM   #283 (permalink)
Jevil
Pro Evolution Fucker

Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (NDS).... 8/10
Old July 14th, 2010, 08:00 AM   #284 (permalink)
narcossintese

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaomao View Post
Seriously the worst splinter cell ever, not because of the technical stuff (as you said graphics/acting etc etc were top notch). it was really the gamedesign that sucked. From stealth to an action title, I hope nobody will "copy from it". It's too similar to a lot of other titles outthere.
I mean, copy the video/signs projection thing on the walls! Damn cool effect!

I can totally see your point and I can imagine how frustrated the Splinter Cell core fan base must have felt, but for me it was like playing Fallout 3. You know, "finally a gameplay that I can enjoy".

But yeah, Sam was a stealth guy who had to hide the few bodies that he kills, on this game he┤s a bogeyman lurking in the dark killing everyone in the level.
Old July 16th, 2010, 02:49 AM   #285 (permalink)
JayB

Quote:
I mean, copy the video/signs projection thing on the walls! Damn cool effect!

I can totally see your point and I can imagine how frustrated the Splinter Cell core fan base must have felt, but for me it was like playing Fallout 3. You know, "finally a gameplay that I can enjoy".

But yeah, Sam was a stealth guy who had to hide the few bodies that he kills, on this game he┤s a bogeyman lurking in the dark killing everyone in the level.
sounds like arkham asylum
Old July 18th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #286 (permalink)
JayB

Ultimate Genesis Collection for PS3 - 9/10

I loved my Genesis , and it's so cool they brought all these games back to play in HD !
Old July 18th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #287 (permalink)
LydonB

Just finished the first Assassins Creed. 8/10. It has a very intriguing story, looking forward to picking up the second.
Old July 18th, 2010, 04:18 PM   #288 (permalink)
SocialNumb
Damn Christians!

NSFW

http://qssgames.com/play?g=226 10/10

Best game ever.
Originally Posted by joeymusicguy View Post
im a pro audio janitor i clean up shit, and polish turds and i hate it
Old July 18th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #289 (permalink)
JayB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestEyes View Post
Just finished the first Assassins Creed. 8/10. It has a very intriguing story, looking forward to picking up the second.
2nd game is SO much better , you will love it
Old July 18th, 2010, 05:52 PM   #290 (permalink)
LydonB

Quote:
2nd game is SO much better , you will love it
Glad to hear it is a lot better. There were a few things that irritated me about the first one, but I still really enjoyed it.
Old July 18th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #291 (permalink)
JayB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestEyes View Post
Glad to hear it is a lot better. There were a few things that irritated me about the first one, but I still really enjoyed it.
Yeah pretty much everything that annoyed me about AC1 (repetitive gameplay , dull graphics, iffy controls , no side quests) was improved in the sequel.
Old July 18th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #292 (permalink)
Damian B
»\(░_o)/»

Oblivion - 10/10

Fucking awesome.
Old July 18th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #293 (permalink)
JayB

Oblivion was the shit
Can't wait for the next one , said to be unveiled sometime this year !
Old July 18th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #294 (permalink)
updog

Quote:
I bought and beat the darkness when it first came out back in 07 , I loved that game
Heh, I've been playing my bro's 360 as he doesn't play it anymore, and I've played a bunch of games like gta IV, mirror's edge, dead space, bioshock etc. and it's all so new to me I keep forgetting those games are several years old by now!

Do you guys think the games have graphically improved, or have they been pushing the limits of the Xbox 360 all this time? I've been somewhat disappointed in the graphics of a few games I've played, but I haven't been playing anything newer than two years old.
Old July 18th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #295 (permalink)
JayB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopulurn View Post
Heh, I've been playing my bro's 360 as he doesn't play it anymore, and I've played a bunch of games like gta IV, mirror's edge, dead space, bioshock etc. and it's all so new to me I keep forgetting those games are several years old by now!

Do you guys think the games have graphically improved, or have they been pushing the limits of the Xbox 360 all this time? I've been somewhat disappointed in the graphics of a few games I've played, but I haven't been playing anything newer than two years old.
That's cause you're playing 360 and not PS3 !

Play some Uncharted 2 , God Of War 3 and tell me graphics aren't better than games like the Darkness from 07

Or better yet watch this Gran Turismo 5 trailer in HD !

Old July 18th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #296 (permalink)
muckypup1
Sinister Haven \m/

Mario Kart on the N64 - 7/10

I had a long round on this at the Comic Conference yesterday, old skool mario still kicks ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialNumb View Post
When you leave the toilet do you: Fap, jizz into toilet, have a cig and leave the shit cause I'm the only one here. Besides my dogs love to drink that shit.
Old July 18th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #297 (permalink)
JBroll
I MIX WITH PHYSICS!!!!

Rise of the Triad: Dark War

If you never played this, you are dead to me.

Jeff
Old July 18th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #298 (permalink)
Line666
Fendurr

Morrowind.

8 hours in. Level 59 already. Sad
Old July 18th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #299 (permalink)
updog

Quote:
That's cause you're playing 360 and not PS3 !

Play some Uncharted 2 , God Of War 3 and tell me graphics aren't better than games like the Darkness from 07

Or better yet watch this Gran Turismo 5 trailer in HD !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxfNb4d3bPY
thanks, maybe I'll do that haha

since the box isn't mine, I might as well buy a PS3 instead... I'm not sure what I'll end up wanting...

At least I've seen MW2 and I think it looks gorgeous, but that was on PC, I'm probably going to get it anyway - a month ago I was planning to buy an Xbox 360 just for that game!
Old July 18th, 2010, 07:26 PM   #300 (permalink)
GarethSE
Banned

Silent Hill, the first one

Embodies the sheer fundamental point of fear, lovecraft would be proud. The graphics may be grainy and blocky, the textures may be lo-res, the voice acting may be bad, but the atmosphere and gut wrenching feeling of being in completely unknown and uncomfortable territory mentally are palpable beyond belief.