Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > Bar
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bar Everything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 9th, 2011, 06:27 AM   #576 (permalink)
DanLights
A Venezuelan in Europe

The fact people still not only believe but also praise, adore and fear god is beyond me. Just stating a "controversial opinion", I don't have anything more to add to the discussion since Jorge and Will already said everything I could possibly say and more. Now let's see Aaron fade away AGAIN without any answers besides "we can't understand him cause we're stupider than him" and see this discussion resurface in a few months with the same ending.

http://www.facebook.com/adintra

Weekly Favorites - Currently Listening
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 9th, 2011, 06:28 AM   #577 (permalink)
STINNETT
Bad / Nationwide

Thank you Owen.

While I believe it is highly unlikely, I do not hold with 100% certainty the belief that no god exists. Claiming 100% certainty on such a matter would invoke some sort of faith - which would be antithetical to what I stand for. I believe such would be the case for many atheists, especially those who arrived at their position in the same manner that I did.

I accept the possibility that some such entity may exist, although I am much closer to 100% certainty regarding the notion that any human ideas as to the nature of said entity would be completely and totally off the mark.

STINNETTGUITARS.COM

For quotes, info, etc., on my guitars, please e-mail me through the web-site.
My PM's have to get deleted here and I can't keep up with them!

Last edited by STINNETT : May 9th, 2011 at 06:30 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 9th, 2011, 06:40 AM   #578 (permalink)
DanLights
A Venezuelan in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINNETT View Post
Thank you Owen.

While I believe it is highly unlikely, I do not hold with 100% certainty the belief that no god exists. Claiming 100% certainty on such a matter would invoke some sort of faith - which would be antithetical to what I stand for. I believe such would be the case for many atheists, especially those who arrived at their position in the same manner that I did.

I accept the possibility that some such entity may exist, although I am much closer to 100% certainty regarding the notion that any human ideas as to the nature of said entity would be completely and totally off the mark.
I agree completely with you and I'm in the same position, I see it as if there really is a god, the chances of him COINCIDENTALLY being exactly as the christians (or any religious group) envision him to be are slimmer than me winning the lottery three weeks in a row

Old May 9th, 2011, 07:28 AM   #579 (permalink)
SocialNumb
Damn Christians!

I too hold the same thoughts. So +2. The "Gods" described by humans just can't be that stupid, childish and cruel. No way!
Originally Posted by joeymusicguy View Post
im a pro audio janitor i clean up shit, and polish turds and i hate it
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #580 (permalink)
sprack
Thread Killer

I consciously fool myself into believing mythology is true. Only because the alternative is boring.
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:08 AM   #581 (permalink)
aberration
Secular anti-humanist

What's the difference between mythology and religion?

Practice.

My old band, Spiritual Eclipse on Blogger.
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #582 (permalink)
Steven Otto

Religion = (Mythology + Brains fucking up)
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:26 AM   #583 (permalink)
RemoWilliams
¯\(°_o)/¯ How meet Devil?

I will continue to double space between sentences and middle C will always be c4, fuck some c5.

Internet forums are kind of like the news. It's always going 24/7 and it usually deals with people being total dicks to each other and caustic. Yet, it's eventually countered with two minutes of puppies and humor.
Old May 9th, 2011, 05:07 PM   #584 (permalink)
Aaron Smith
Envisage Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLights View Post
Now let's see Aaron fade away AGAIN without any answers besides "we can't understand him cause we're stupider than him"
Yep, you nailed it man, I'm just going to carefully fade away because I have no answers and you're stupider than me... A truly beautiful encapsulation of my thoughts

Actually I just don't really have any interest in dragging this out any further... Internet discussions of this magnitude are immensely time consuming (not to mention that they're hardly any fun when it's me versus everyone else), and it's taken from time that I really need to spend on other things. Also, my answers aren't good enough for you, and your answers aren't good enough for me...we each know where there other stands, so there's no reason to continue.

7 Horns 7 Eyes
Envisage Audio
Old May 9th, 2011, 05:22 PM   #585 (permalink)
DanLights
A Venezuelan in Europe

Re: The "controversial opinions" thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Smith

Yep, you nailed it man, I'm just going to carefully fade away because I have no answers and you're stupider than me... A truly beautiful encapsulation of my thoughts

Actually I just don't really have any interest in dragging this out any further... Internet discussions of this magnitude are immensely time consuming (not to mention that they're hardly any fun when it's me versus everyone else), and it's taken from time that I really need to spend on other things. Also, my answers aren't good enough for you, and your answers aren't good enough for me...we each know where there other stands, so there's no reason to continue.
Fwiw it seems you misunderstood my message, what I meant with the "stupider" comment was your point of how we can't possibly understand or judge god's ways or methods because he is wiser than us and we can't reach his level of enlightenment. In other words, the "him" is god, not you or me.

And fwiw as well, I sure would love to speak bloodbath with you any time

Old May 9th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #586 (permalink)
ratsapprentice
God can gtfo

- "Brainstorm" by Morbid Angel features the best death metal vocal performance ever.

Consider yourself, that you are mortal, that you are earth, and into the earth you shall go.
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:51 PM   #587 (permalink)
Bekanor
Renegade Folk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamn View Post
Self-acclaimed open minded folks is usually the most narrow sighted people I have ever met.
This.

"Oh I listen to everything, except anything that the retarded college hipster chick I'm being a boyfriend chameleon for doesn't like. That's shit".

People who listen to "everything" often don't really like anything, they're just too hopeless and socially awkward to be discerning, and then stand by their taste. It's just easier to rattle off a bunch of weird-for-the-sake-of-weird genres you listen to all the time and then make an awkward excuse to leave when "Oh you wouldn't have heard of them" is no longer an acceptable description of exactly what bands you like.
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:21 AM   #588 (permalink)
TheDriller

Location: Fuck burning churches, lets burn down schools and wildlife preserves
^ on the other hand, maybe some people really do have a genuine passion for all kinds of music, and it's just more convenient to say "I'm into everything". Than to bore the other person to death with an alphabetical list of my entire record collection?
Old May 10th, 2011, 02:23 AM   #589 (permalink)
JHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekanor View Post
People who listen to "everything" often don't really like anything, they're just too hopeless and socially awkward to be discerning, and then stand by their taste. It's just easier to rattle off a bunch of weird-for-the-sake-of-weird genres you listen to all the time and then make an awkward excuse to leave when "Oh you wouldn't have heard of them" is no longer an acceptable description of exactly what bands you like.
Don't listen to genres but listen to the music. You either hear it or not.
Old May 10th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #590 (permalink)
Glenn Fricker
Very Metal &Very Bad News

SawStudio still kicks the crap out of every other DAW on the market.
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:00 PM   #591 (permalink)
Loki Laufeyiarson

The picture quality of digital tv SUCKS!
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:54 PM   #592 (permalink)
aberration
Secular anti-humanist

The overall quality of television programming SUCKS. Wait...that's not controversial at all.

My old band, Spiritual Eclipse on Blogger.