Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > Bar
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bar Everything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 28th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #401 (permalink)
Djentkitty

My chair broke, so I spend an hour trying to fix it ...with guitar strings. It worked for about half an hour but then it broke again so now I have to buy a new chair..
Fucking loose.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 28th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #402 (permalink)
Morgan C
MAX LOUD PRESETS¯\(°_o)/¯

I'm way too fucking busy atm. Less than two weeks til I leave to go to NZ, and I need to get some rough mixes for an album together whilst working 6 days a week at my dayjob. Fuuuuuuck.
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #403 (permalink)
Empathy
Bulging Member

Being paid $80.10 by the organizer for our last show because 'finances were strained'. Told us the night before that instead of being paid on a $x.xx per-head figure as is our norm, he'd be paying us 10% of the night's profits. The headlining band (whom he was in a member of) obviously spent all their money paying for the half-dozen or so random fat sluts they hired to jump around on stage covered in fake blood (not even joking) - not to mention the three "burlesque" acts performed between bands while they were setting up (read also: more whales with tacky lingerie awkwardly pretending they knew what they were doing). Venue was close to capacity to boot, would have cleared ~$2500 on door sales.

Absolutely fucking disgraceful, there's already few enough shows being organised in the perth metal scene and wankers like this are NOT helping.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 29th, 2011, 06:57 AM   #404 (permalink)
updog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empathy View Post
Being paid $80.10 by the organizer for our last show because 'finances were strained'. Told us the night before that instead of being paid on a .xx per-head figure as is our norm, he'd be paying us 10% of the night's profits. The headlining band (whom he was in a member of) obviously spent all their money paying for the half-dozen or so random fat sluts they hired to jump around on stage covered in fake blood (not even joking) - not to mention the three "burlesque" acts performed between bands while they were setting up (read also: more whales with tacky lingerie awkwardly pretending they knew what they were doing). Venue was close to capacity to boot, would have cleared ~$2500 on door sales.

Absolutely fucking disgraceful, there's already few enough shows being organised in the perth metal scene and wankers like this are NOT helping.

Did you have a contract on black and white?

If not, always make one from now on with the organizers, every single time.
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:05 PM   #405 (permalink)
Empathy
Bulging Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopulurn View Post
Did you have a contract on black and white?

If not, always make one from now on with the organizers, every single time.
I've been cracking the shits with the rest of the band about doing this from now on, granted we're really only in it for shits and giggles and we're normally fine with word contracted shows (seeing as we usually get paid a real amount of money from any serious organiser ) - but I'm not letting a repeat of this happen. What they paid us hasn't even covered our transport costs to get there and back (6 band members, 5 cars, at least a combined 200km travelled that night).
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:58 AM   #406 (permalink)
Loren Littlejohn
Lover of all boobage.

I just blew a diode in half because of my stupidity. Literally got so hot it blew in half and up out of it's spot on the pcb.

FUCK.

I really hope I have another lying around here somewhere, what a pain in the ass.
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #407 (permalink)
bryan_kilco

Have to drop the car at the shop today for inspection. And it'll most likely be days before they even get to look at it, let alone do what needs to be done for it to pass inspection. trying to hang with this chick I've been talking to over the weekend....and have no car.
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #408 (permalink)
MarkG

Dumbass singer stepped on my guitar cable at a show, and one of the wires connecting the socket came loose. No sound, and I don't have a solder kit. To make matters worse, a good friend who lives miles away is visiting tomorrow and now I won't have a guitar to jam with him.

GAH
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #409 (permalink)
DanLights
A Venezuelan in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
Dumbass singer stepped on my guitar cable at a show, and one of the wires connecting the socket came loose. No sound, and I don't have a solder kit. To make matters worse, a good friend who lives miles away is visiting tomorrow and now I won't have a guitar to jam with him.

GAH
so you have like, one guitar cable and that´s it? No replacement?

http://www.facebook.com/adintra

Weekly Favorites - Currently Listening
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:47 PM   #410 (permalink)
MarkG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLights View Post
so you have like, one guitar cable and that´s it? No replacement?
The cable is fine, the wiring of the guitar socket isn't. I had two main guitars, but finances forced me to sell one of them. My only remaining humbucker 6 string now has no sound.
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #411 (permalink)
Mattayus
Sir Groove-A-Lot

Got diagnosed with Labyrinthitis today - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labyrinthitis
Had it for about a week now so I've only got a potential of 6 weeks to a lifetime to go

It's seriously debilitating, I daren't go out in case I fall over in the road or something. It really sucks, and I feel nauseous pretty much constantly. Anyone else got it/had it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rino655 View Post
they should have named the album "shit sandwich"
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel kurtz View Post
not possible...that would imply that the shit is surrounded by something that's not shit
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #412 (permalink)
FloridaRolf
W.A.T.

My Profire just died
Also, dunno if I should have made the move to a girl today, but she's the damn ex of one of my very best friends

Alcohol please fix it
Old June 30th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #413 (permalink)
pitoga

This isn't really an annoyance of the DAY more like "of the month". I've sent my recently bought i7 2600k based pc to the tech to check some issues and they have been saying it's the MB then the Ram then again de MB. It's been more than a fucking month.
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #414 (permalink)
Folkrav
Jean-Sébastien Beaulieu

Annoyance... My fucking band that has always something to goddamn complain about my mix for the EP; when one is happy, the other tells me "but heh, I don't like that". We're supposed to have a couple of songs to be ready on July 12 so we can choose between them for a compilation, but right now I only have one ready and I'm leaving home for New Jersey from July 2 to 8. Fuck them.
Old June 30th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #415 (permalink)
Empathy
Bulging Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkrav View Post
Annoyance... My fucking band that has always something to goddamn complain about my mix for the EP; when one is happy, the other tells me "but heh, I don't like that". We're supposed to have a couple of songs to be ready on July 12 so we can choose between them for a compilation, but right now I only have one ready and I'm leaving home for New Jersey from July 2 to 8. Fuck them.
Are they paying you to do it? Tell them to eat shit and die, they get what you give them.

If they're NOT paying you to do it, tell them to eat shit and die and don't give them anything until they stop whining.
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:57 AM   #416 (permalink)
angryoldsoundguy

Some where between 100 and 110 outside at work today. Yuck.
Old July 1st, 2011, 01:37 AM   #417 (permalink)
DanLights
A Venezuelan in Europe

Re: Your random annoyance of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG

The cable is fine, the wiring of the guitar socket isn't. I had two main guitars, but finances forced me to sell one of them. My only remaining humbucker 6 string now has no sound.
Oh my bad, I misunderstood

Old July 1st, 2011, 04:46 AM   #418 (permalink)
gabriel g.

why have I always a cold when I start tracking bands. third time this year. it fucking sucks.
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:23 AM   #419 (permalink)
Derpsicle

Norwegian beer prices.
aprox. 25 euros for 5 beers in the fucking stores
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:28 AM   #420 (permalink)
DanLights
A Venezuelan in Europe

Re: Your random annoyance of the day

It's my first birthday without my dad, kinda sucks more than it should

Old July 1st, 2011, 06:42 AM   #421 (permalink)
Derpsicle

Quote:

Happy birthday mate!
Old July 1st, 2011, 08:27 AM   #422 (permalink)
MarkG

Quote:
Oh my bad, I misunderstood
Nah, I don't think I was clear enough. Sometimes things make more sense in my head

Quote:
Happy birthday man! I know how you feel, my father is in the army so I spent many birthdays without him. It can really suck! Just be sure to catch up later
Old July 1st, 2011, 08:36 AM   #423 (permalink)
DanLights
A Venezuelan in Europe

Quote:
Nah, I don't think I was clear enough. Sometimes things make more sense in my head

Happy birthday man! I know how you feel, my father is in the army so I spent many birthdays without him. It can really suck! Just be sure to catch up later
Well, mine isn't here as in he's in a jar with a name tag in my mom's house, if you get my drift, so catching up can be difficult

Old July 1st, 2011, 08:51 AM   #424 (permalink)
MarkG

Quote:
Well, mine isn't here as in he's in a jar with a name tag in my mom's house, if you get my drift, so catching up can be difficult
Oh shit, I'm so sorry. I didn't know, I thought he was on a business trip or something.
Old July 1st, 2011, 08:53 AM   #425 (permalink)
DanLights
A Venezuelan in Europe

Quote:
Oh shit, I'm so sorry. I didn't know, I thought he was on a business trip or something.
well everybody here knows my dad died 4 months ago man, that's very insensible of you to make comments like that!

Of course I'm joking