Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > Bar
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bar Everything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #26 (permalink)
SocialNumb
Damn Christians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Smith View Post
(cut) I'm aware.

Quote:
As for Creationism, in one of his books he briefly talked about the subject, and I got the feeling that he was a lot like myself on the topic—that it is pointless to argue, and impossible to know precisely by what mechanism that God created the universe and life in it.
That's the point within my question. It's not clear to me. Feelings aside.

I'm more concerned about his actual positions on the matter.

Quote:
As for you elevating his Christianity to "deal breaker" status, regardless of all of his other principles, his track record, and his intellect, to me, this shows a total lack of critical thinking skills and boarders on insanity, which could be a bad thing
You have to know I was just kidding, right? <----- reminder
Originally Posted by joeymusicguy View Post
im a pro audio janitor i clean up shit, and polish turds and i hate it
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
outbreak525

I appreciate Ron Paul.
That is all.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 6th, 2011, 01:04 AM   #28 (permalink)
AD Chaos
Big Member

I don't see a need to nitpick on his personal beliefs when he has clearly stated over and over it's up to each individual to practice their freedom of belief.
He's clearly not one of those very annoying ''shove it down your throat'' religious people, but rather a good man with solid principles. I respect that a lot.

Ron Paul is not about enforcing his views on others; he stands for individual liberty (an idea he repeats over and over).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpchEdtS0e4#t=6m50s

Fwiw, I have met some christians who are actually intelligent, open minded and humble enough to at least actually have an argument with, and on the other hand, A LOT of self-proclaimed 'satanists'/atheists/etc who couldn't be more self-righteous, dumb and ignorant if they tried to.

But that is another topic for a different thread.

Last edited by AD Chaos : December 6th, 2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old December 6th, 2011, 01:48 AM   #29 (permalink)
StoneLord
LurkMachine Pete

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...readid=3451862
Old December 6th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
thefyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze4th0x View Post
eh...Only thing I can agree with him is some certain domestic issues. But Other than that, his fiscal and foreign policy is quite destructive if you look at it.
Cutting back military intelligence? Does he plan to run across the street with a blind fold on? He's all hype and no substance.

Only people voting for him I know are the piss poor and college libertarian kids, who can't seem to figure out there communications degree doesn't pay for their 100k+ college debt at an Ivy League.

Edit: Not trying to troll here, but this Ron Paul guy's politics really irritates me.

You mentioned destructive foreign policy. He is the only rep that wants peace. Withdraw all troops. Why are we paying for troops in Germany?

Speaking of troops...You mentioned Ron Pauls supporters are all college kids: He has more donations from the men and women of the military than all of the other candidates combined. Including Obama. So the average pen pusher in Australia, or the average seal in the desert are DONATING to Ron Paul.

He predicted the mess of relations our presence would cause:

He predicted the housing bubble

He predicted/voted against wars, predicted the feds lending devaluing the dollar, predicted freddy and fanny predatory lending would result in massive collage costs not in line with inflation.

Not only did he warn, he voted against party lines. He called everything...Corporatism etc etc.

The media has influenced the public parrot fashion to ignore/ridicule Ron Paul.

They need to keep corporatism/money in politics alive for advertising reasons.

Murdoch makes 100's million from his mags, tv, newspapers etc during campaign time. He wants that sweet sweet lobbying nectar to drip from the Fanny and Freddies etc to candidates who turn it into ads. Plus he and his cronies need the Fed honey dripper giving out loans at 0.001% interest so they can keep afloat in times of trouble. Murdoch himself almost went under once, but cronyism loans saved his bacon.

It's not just Fox. All mainstream news need corporatism to flourish so they can keep their adverts flowing from GE, big pharm with couples riding bikes because of mystery pills etc.

So if you hate Fox news...hate the fed...hate endless wars...hate police/welfare state then Ron Paul is the man.
Old December 6th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
Aaron Smith
Envisage Audio

Couldn't have said it better myself!

7 Horns 7 Eyes
Envisage Audio
Old December 6th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
PhilTheBeard
"The Beard"

Ron Paul for the win!!! he has my vote!
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #33 (permalink)
SocialNumb
Damn Christians!

Old December 7th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #34 (permalink)
grywolf627

Was a supporter of Ron Paul the last time around and will be again.

Jef

No trees were harmed in the making of this post. Several electrons, however, were severely inconvenienced.
Old December 7th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #35 (permalink)
RattyFiend
bree blargh reeeeee

http://whathasronpauldone.com/
Old December 9th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #36 (permalink)
AD Chaos
Big Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTD View Post
I'm also not 100% on board with his opinions on abortion
Here's his personal opinion on abortion (and remember he is an OB - one of the most noble professions I can think of):

The fact that he respects life that much tells me much more.

As for his political position on the subject you're right, regulating it at a state level isn't gonna change much, but the thing is he doesn't flip-flop or use the topic to try and win votes.

Old December 9th, 2011, 06:22 AM   #37 (permalink)
JeffTD
Senhor Testiculo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Chaos View Post
Here's his personal opinion on abortion (and remember he is an OB - one of the most noble professions I can think of):
I remember my first time reading.

I explicitly wrote that I don't agree with his opinions on abortion, not his policies.
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:28 AM   #38 (permalink)
drew_drummer
Dancefap

Isn't Ron Paul against regulation of banks because it is unconstitutional?
www.nocleansinging.com

Old December 9th, 2011, 07:21 AM   #39 (permalink)
JeffTD
Senhor Testiculo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew_drummer View Post
Isn't Ron Paul against regulation of banks because it is unconstitutional?
He's against the Federal Reserve, which is unconstitutional, and is fundamentally against fractional-reserve banking to the extent that we've taken it now.
Old December 9th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #40 (permalink)
AD Chaos
Big Member

Quote:
I remember my first time reading.

I explicitly wrote that I don't agree with his opinions on abortion, not his policies.
Hey Jeff- I wasn't stressing the difference in between his personal and his political posture in relation to your post (since you also made that distinction), but because of how he upholds the values of the Constitution above his own.

I've seen a lot of overseas optimism on Ron Paul's candidacy, whereas some Americans seem more pessimistic about it. I think that may have to do with the fact that people outside the US are not constantly bombarded by the immense TV/newspaper media bias? or that the ballot system could be easily manipulated?

Come January we'll see..
Old January 3rd, 2012, 05:33 PM   #41 (permalink)
Aaron Smith
Envisage Audio

If you live in Iowa...don't be an idiot, go vote for Ron Paul today!

7 Horns 7 Eyes
Envisage Audio
Old January 3rd, 2012, 06:56 PM   #42 (permalink)
Tommy Evans

Quote:
I see what you did there O.o
Old January 4th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #43 (permalink)
GeertSamuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Smith View Post
Seems like not enough people listened.
Old January 4th, 2012, 04:14 AM   #44 (permalink)
AudioPhile777
Mathew Cohen

This is my favorite thread.

If you're in here supporting Ron Paul, I love you! (nohomo) Lets get our freedoms back, yo!

If you are here to learn, you are awesome and will continue to be awesome and I will call you 'friend' and be awesome in tandem with you.

If you're a skeptic, I invite you to put your money where your mouth is and do some actual (non-tv) research...

To get you started:

- Economics in one lesson - http://www.hacer.org/pdf/Hazlitt00.pdf
- The Philosophy of Liberty - - Excellent documentary on the Soviet Union/Communism and how they tend to fail teaching kids about it today. Emphasizes the Ukrainian holocaust that most people do not know about: - Why stimulus packages do not work -
I could really keep going because there is so much that you can learn and probably aren't even thinking about when considering your vote for our President. If you're interested in learning, shoot me a PM or friend me on facebook and I will provide you with so much info it'll boggle the mind and then you get to make up your own mind.

If you're here to bash Ron Paul, you probably:

- Don't know what you're talking about because all your "facts" are gotten from TV and the crony-corporate news sources that will die off should Ron Paul actually win.

- Are what I like to call a "believer" and you're set in your ways and not open to learning or expanding your knowledge on anything if it doesn't coincide with your twisted, one sided view of the world. If this is you, go die in a fire.

- Just simply don't have all the facts... in which case, you should probably shut your word hole until you have all the facts so you don't make yourself look like a dumb-shit.

Ron Paul 2012!

Quote:
I don't understand lesbians. I mean I understand lesbians, but I don't understand why virtually every dude is into them. I don't like watching videos of cheeseburgers eat each other - on their own, they're delicious, but once they start eating each other, neither is useful to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahjteam View Post
...its fucking HARD to do as simple stuff as he does and still make it groove like a moose.
Old January 4th, 2012, 08:05 AM   #45 (permalink)
roy22341

I hope he stays in the race a bit longer. It's nice to have at least ONE candidate between the two parties who isn't an interventionalist twat.

Old January 4th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #46 (permalink)
::XeS::

Yeah getting rid of Fed....good story.
Politicians = personal and lobby interests. No one makes changes for the people's good...
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #47 (permalink)
SocialNumb
Damn Christians!

^ Yup. The only people who can change shit are the mega rich. Unfortunately they're ruthless mofo's. Even if by some accident crazy Paul gets in there he will either:

A. Do what the wealthy ruthless want. Changing nothing.
B. Get removed one way or the other. Murder if need be.

So it's up to the people. Don't ask me how. No idea.

Last edited by SocialNumb : January 4th, 2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #48 (permalink)
::XeS::

Exactly. Also if there is a presindent or someone who wanna change the status quo (every country has its things...), there will be always a batallion of other politicians that fight against him...and he becomes a lonely man.
Usually the "real" changements are done by the population (if they really want), not by some millionaire (like Berlusconi in my case...who does everything but something for the country).
It's like here in Italy now....we are in the middle of a big crisis and the government confirmed a big commission for 130 F-35...something like 15 bilions of €...and instead of delete the commission and save lot of money, no one knows why, they confirmed it. And they raises oil, taxes, vat, etc.... to "SAVE" money.
Money, interests and nothing else.
Old January 4th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #49 (permalink)
A_Wallace

The guy seems o.k. I'm just afraid he can't make a 4 year Presidential term. He's like 104 years old now? Look at how it ages them!!!

Old January 4th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #50 (permalink)
Aaron Smith
Envisage Audio

7 Horns 7 Eyes
Envisage Audio