Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > Bar
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bar Everything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 3rd, 2011, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
AD Chaos
Big Member

The Ron Paul appreciation thread!

Serious love for the man.. Makes me wish I was American, so I'd vote for him!

Inform yourself:
http://www.ronpaul.com/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 4th, 2011, 01:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ze4th0x
A Former Somebody

eh...Only thing I can agree with him is some certain domestic issues. But Other than that, his fiscal and foreign policy is quite destructive if you look at it.
Cutting back military intelligence? Does he plan to run across the street with a blind fold on? He's all hype and no substance.

Only people voting for him I know are the piss poor and college libertarian kids, who can't seem to figure out there communications degree doesn't pay for their 100k+ college debt at an Ivy League.

Edit: Not trying to troll here, but this Ron Paul guy's politics really irritates me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 4th, 2011, 01:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
AllanD
boom tap boom-boom tap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze4th0x View Post

Only people voting for him I know are the piss poor and college libertarian kids, who can't seem to figure out there communications degree doesn't pay for their 100k+ college debt at an Ivy League.
lol

His laissez-faire ideals are insane. The Gilded age in American history is a great example of corporations with no regulations.
Old December 4th, 2011, 02:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
AD Chaos
Big Member

Quote:
Other than that, his fiscal and foreign policy is quite destructive if you look at it.
His fiscal policy is destructive? Are you serious?

As for the foreign policy it makes A LOT of sense; protect YOUR borders and stop fabricating enemies around the world (sponsored, then aggressed by the military industry).
Old December 4th, 2011, 04:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Loren Littlejohn
Lover of all boobage.

Eh he has some good ideas, like getting rid of the Fed for one. But honestly I don't know enough about the dude to form an honest opinion of him yet.
Old December 4th, 2011, 04:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
RattyFiend
bree blargh reeeeee

Ron Paul owns. he will be getting my vote.

i understand some of his policies are hard to understand at first glance, read deeper into them and see why he has those beliefs. there is a good chance you will agree.

just take a look at his pristine voting record. this is the only guy with the balls to stand up for the constitution even when its not popular. even when he personally disagrees/agrees with a bill, if its not constitutional he votes against it.

it would be nice to finally have a man of principle in office.
Old December 4th, 2011, 04:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
RattyFiend
bree blargh reeeeee

oh, and the fact drinkingwithbob supports him.

Old December 4th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
SocialNumb
Damn Christians!

Damn Christian. The conspiracy crowd love this guy.
Originally Posted by joeymusicguy View Post
im a pro audio janitor i clean up shit, and polish turds and i hate it
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
roy22341

Ron Paul is basically the exact opposite of what the "conspiracy crowd" believe. Its just that most them are too ignorant to realize it. What conspiracy theories does he espouse?

He is painfully consistent and honest, and upholds liberty and the Constitution above his personal values.
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
SocialNumb
Damn Christians!

I don't know that he does. I doubt it. Just an observation on my part. Footage of him can be found in a lot of conspiracy vids. "They" seem to really like him.
Old December 4th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Aaron Smith
Envisage Audio

I have massive admiration for Ron Paul. The guy is brilliant and fantastically unchanged in his principles, despite spending years in Washington DC. He even resigned from the Republican party in 1987, because he was so disillusioned and dissatisfied by the hypocrisy in his own party. His resignation letter is downright inspiring, check it out: http://www.dailypaul.com/177575/ron-...party-document

I quietly judged him in my head for years, ignorantly making assumptions about him that were completely unjustified, but when I finally actually took the time to listen, read, and understand what he's all about, it had a profound influence on my view of government, politics, our monetary system, and the economy. Been about three years now. Reading his book "The Revolution: A Manifesto" for the first time was enthralling and magnetic to me, every American needs to read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialNumb View Post
I don't know that he does. I doubt it. Just an observation on my part. Footage of him can be found in a lot of conspiracy vids. "They" seem to really like him.
That's because conspiracy theorists will blindly gravitate towards anything that paints reality to be different than it is most commonly considered to be. Thus, on occasion they will inadvertently gravitate towards something worthwhile and true (Ron Paul), while most of the time they are simply attracted to nonsense, jabbered on by other conspiracy theorists.

Using Ron Paul's alleged "popularity" among conspiracy theorists is not in the least bit a legitimate way to discredit him, you just have to dig in for yourself.

7 Horns 7 Eyes
Envisage Audio
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
TesticleMilkshake
pewpewlazrz

http://youtu.be/d28IFaRvkJ8

I love Ron Paul, almost as much as I love Ralph Nader.

Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment. - Lao Tzu

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

twitter
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ze4th0x
A Former Somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Chaos View Post
His fiscal policy is destructive? Are you serious?

As for the foreign policy it makes A LOT of sense; protect YOUR borders and stop fabricating enemies around the world (sponsored, then aggressed by the military industry).
Well, trying to bring a superpower to the gold standard and making economic buying power of the US equal to about the 1850's won't help the jobs situation.
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rob Logic
yayyyyyy!

The way I see it is is the popular votes of the republican and democratic parties are ultimately very close in most presidential elections. Nearly half of the country is almost always going to be unhappy with it's elected president. The same goes for congress because they are always going to vote the party lines. Most people in any political office can't speak for themselves on much of anything of merit that matters to the people in the country.

Not saying I would vote for Ron Paul but it's good to at least know what you are getting with a candidate. We just need someone steadfast that will do what they campaign on so at least half the country is happy. I voted for Obama and he has done little to merit my vote a second time. I hope there is one day when the economy, health care, and job security aren't paramount concerns and I can rest a little easier.
Old December 5th, 2011, 12:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Aaron Smith
Envisage Audio

Quote:
Well, trying to bring a superpower to the gold standard and making economic buying power of the US equal to about the 1850's won't help the jobs situation.
—The US economy prospered and grew immensely under a gold standard

—It's a fallacy that an endlessly liquid money supply is mandatory in order for economies to grow

—Ron Paul won't mandate a forced return to a gold standard, rather he advocates a repeal of legal tender laws, so that the market is allowed to transact business something other than Federal Reserve notes

7 Horns 7 Eyes
Envisage Audio
Old December 5th, 2011, 02:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
AllanD
boom tap boom-boom tap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Logic View Post

Not saying I would vote for Ron Paul but it's good to at least know what you are getting with a candidate. We just need someone steadfast that will do what they campaign on so at least half the country is happy. I voted for Obama and he has done little to merit my vote a second time. I hope there is one day when the economy, health care, and job security aren't paramount concerns and I can rest a little easier.

I'll give you that, his transparency is admirable.
Old December 5th, 2011, 06:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
SocialNumb
Damn Christians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Smith View Post
That's because conspiracy theorists will blindly gravitate towards anything that paints reality to be different than it is most commonly considered to be. Thus, on occasion they will inadvertently gravitate towards something worthwhile and true (Ron Paul), while most of the time they are simply attracted to nonsense, jabbered on by other conspiracy theorists.

Using Ron Paul's alleged "popularity" among conspiracy theorists is not in the least bit a legitimate way to discredit him, you just have to dig in for yourself.
Oh I know why they like him. In three words: The Federal Reserve.

Fits right into their whole NWO thing.

I wasn't trying to discredit the guy.

He's Christian, I won't be voting for him based on that alone. Another vote in the trashcan.
Old December 5th, 2011, 07:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Zack Uidl

Ron Paul is definitely getting my vote, that is for sure
FREE guitar lessons available!
Old December 5th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
BrettT

He's got some good ideas, but without a Congress to back him he'd never be able to get very many of them to come to fruition.
Old December 5th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #20 (permalink)
JeffTD
Senhor Testiculo

I'll be voting for him in the primary, but his whole spiel about the US being a Christian nation, founded by Christians upon Christian principles is pure horseshit. I'm also not 100% onboard with his opinions on abortion, but I don't see his plan to let states regulate it really affect the current legal status of abortion.
Old December 5th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
TheWinterSnow
Den Mørke Natt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettT View Post
He's got some good ideas, but without a Congress to back him he'd never be able to get very many of them to come to fruition.
That may be the case, however, if he is doing job and congress prevents him from doing so, those congressional officials and senators won't be getting reelected. There is a reason why congress and senate is voted in between the presidential election.

My band's Facebook
Download our EP
Old December 5th, 2011, 11:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
SocialNumb
Damn Christians!

Is he a Creationist? I can't decide if he is or not. I know he doesn't believe in The Theory of Evolution and thinks a "Creator" (His) did it all but I haven't heard him say he believes in the creation myth in the Bible.

To me, this shows (if he is a creationist) a total lack of critical thinking skills and boarders on insanity, which could be a bad thing.

Edit: I should mention he excepts there is no proof for his "Creator".
Old December 5th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Loren Littlejohn
Lover of all boobage.

So far at least for me he seems to be the lesser of all the evils at the moment. Obama? Yeah fuck that I will not be voting for him, that asshole has nuked my health (read again, I said MY) insurance to hell and back and I think it sucks. Because of that retarded piece of shit bill I get to look forward to not being able to afford my medication next year and get to see the HRA account that the company setup a few years back either get flushed or severely restricted because of that crap piece of legislation.
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
DanLights
A Venezuelan in Europe

Re: The Ron Paul appreciation thread!

So he doesn't "believe" in evolution? Quotes because you don't have to believe, there's tons of evidence to back it up, so honestly whoever denies that yet accepts the self-contradictory fairy tales of an old book out of pure inculcation, I can't really trust. I'm not American so I'm speaking out of my ass, but I figured I could give my opinion anyways.

And that Christian nation thing, bullshit, many of the founding fathers were atheist.

http://www.facebook.com/adintra

Weekly Favorites - Currently Listening
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Aaron Smith
Envisage Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialNumb View Post
Oh I know why they like him. In three words: The Federal Reserve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji_G0MqAqq8

Fits right into their whole NWO thing.

I wasn't trying to discredit the guy.

He's Christian, I won't be voting for him based on that alone. Another vote in the trashcan.
Well, the Federal Reserve IS immensely sketchy, and even more so to anyone who doesn't buy into Keynesian nonsense. The Federal Reserve Act was written in secret at JP Morgan's millionaire's estate, by bankers, for the benefit of the banks, and passed through Congress during Christmas vacation when there was low attendance. Beyond that, just look at the currency devaluation we've gone through in this country since 1913. Also, our insane debt burden simply could not have occurred without a central bank to monetize our nation's debts. Politicians make lofty promises to get elected, that they don't have to fund through things like taxation and balanced budgets, all made possible because of the Fed. And supposedly a small body of central planners know precisely what value our interest rates should be at any given time? The housing bubble wouldn't have occurred without the Fed's low interest rates. Trillions of dollars lent in secret to foreign central banks? Trillions pumped into the US economy to "save" it? I could go on and on...

As for Creationism, in one of his books he briefly talked about the subject, and I got the feeling that he was a lot like myself on the topic—that it is pointless to argue, and impossible to know precisely by what mechanism that God created the universe and life in it.

As for you elevating his Christianity to "deal breaker" status, regardless of all of his other principles, his track record, and his intellect, to me, this shows a total lack of critical thinking skills and boarders on insanity, which could be a bad thing

7 Horns 7 Eyes
Envisage Audio