Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > Bar
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bar Everything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Genius Gone Insane
http://www.»\(░_o)/».com

Hey Republicans

Serious question here:

You Republicans are big supporters of local government as opposed to national government. You guys are always looking out for the rest of us because you are concerned with national government getting too big. (thanks for that, by the way, us dirty liberals have a problem trusting our government too much, and we also underestimate the importance of the right to bear arms).

However, I find it hypocritical that when the national government RAIDS an establishment that is legal according to local laws, you guys keep your mouths shut.

If your favorite channel, FOX News, were indeed a legit news station, then this would be BREAKING NEWS:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BAAU1O9MLP.DTL

"Washington has too much power!!...Give the power back to the states!!!"...Why aren't you crying that about this story??

Us liberals might be dirty and ignorant but you guys are two-facedhypocrites.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
SocialNumb
Damn Christians!

Bastards won't let us have our weed, SOB's. Damn Christians!
Originally Posted by joeymusicguy View Post
im a pro audio janitor i clean up shit, and polish turds and i hate it
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
fatalforce

Fox News will be the death of me.

Great article. thanks for sharing
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
AllanD
boom tap boom-boom tap

"Government has too much power!" : "There needs to be laws preventing gay rights, abortion, and anything God says no to!"

"Government has too much regulation on business!" : Business is pretty much controlling government even with all the regulation.

I'd go on but there's no reason to, most Republicans are walking contradictions anyways. I have the same issue with Libertarians. And Liberals, lol.
Old April 27th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
JeffTD
Senhor Testiculo

If you're not an upper-middle class (or better) white Christian male and you still vote republican, you've been duped.
Old April 27th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
FarBeyondMetal

Yes try living in Woodland Hills where I can name two places that were legal and following the rules, yet were raided within a week of each other by the LAPD, and are about 2-3 miles apart from eachother. Meanwhile all the places in the area that are way shadier but have power within the city and the LAPD keep their doors open.

If you ask me it's not a republican/democrat thing, it's a police department/local city residents thing. This is such a small issue on the radar that neither repubs nor dems give a fuck about it.
Old April 27th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
timislegend

Old April 27th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
JeffTD
Senhor Testiculo

Running time of 4:20? I approve.
Old April 27th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
outbreak525

I think the whole republican democrat THING is a method from big business to unjustly classify and categorize people. Thus causing overall hatred just because one is a democrat or republican. It's all stupid. The government should let California do whatever it wants and not get nosey.
The government's "regulations" are a bit much.
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Genius Gone Insane

If people stopped voting with their hearts and started voted with their brains then this would be a non-issue. As would many, many other issues. Just because you don't believe in gay marriage doesn't mean you should vote against it. Same with pot. And spending money on the military. And the right to bear arms.

Last edited by Genius Gone Insane : April 27th, 2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
ratsapprentice
God can gtfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Gone Insane View Post
Just because you don't believe in gay marriage doesn't mean you should vote against it.
I think that is voting with your brain.....

Consider yourself, that you are mortal, that you are earth, and into the earth you shall go.
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
timislegend

Quote:
If people stopped voting with their hearts and started voted with their brains
people vote on something because they have a selfish need or because they have adopted an opinion about something that has nothing to do with them. voting for anything in the united states is pointless. it's just another way to make the poor hopeful and keep the rich busy.

giving someone a "choice" to vote for or against something isn't really a choice at all. it just pits two ideas against each other in a country that is already divided and eventually the vote is determined on hairsplitting and not the case of what is actually right or wrong in any given situation.
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Genius Gone Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by timislegend View Post
people vote on something because they have a selfish need or because they have adopted an opinion about something that has nothing to do with them. voting for anything in the united states is pointless. it's just another way to make the poor hopeful and keep the rich busy.

giving someone a "choice" to vote for or against something isn't really a choice at all. it just pits two ideas against each other in a country that is already divided and eventually the vote is determined on hairsplitting and not the case of what is actually right or wrong in any given situation.
Please go on, i don't understand...are you saying that we shouldn't vote??
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
AllanD
boom tap boom-boom tap

Quote:
Originally Posted by timislegend View Post

"What is actually right and wrong"

So tell me, what is actually right and wrong? Who can decide that in a way that everyone can agree on it?
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Genius Gone Insane

US Supreme Court determines what is right and what is wrong.
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
egan.
daylightdies.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Gone Insane
Unless you're libertarian and then you know they've gotten everything wrong for the last 100 years.

Last edited by egan. : April 27th, 2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
JeffTD
Senhor Testiculo

It's also worth pointing out that the Democrats haven't actually been truly leftist since the 70's. The Reagan years all but killed the liberal (in a classical sense) movement and the Democratic party has been trying to inch its way back over but the effort is ultimately defeated by the two facts that liberals seek compromise while conservatives inherently reject it.
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Genius Gone Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by egan. View Post
Unless you're libertarian and then you know they've gotten everything wrong for the last 100 years.
Ha, ya maybe but they still determine it, wrong or right.
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Genius Gone Insane

My theory on this is that pot is a major threat to the medical industry and that's why this is happening. I think Obama learned this when he took office and that is why he took a 180 on the whole thing.
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Mike G

I really dislike the fact that Federal overrides State. In matters like medical marijuana especially. If the state is ok with it, that should be good enough.
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
timislegend

Quote:
"What is actually right and wrong"

So tell me, what is actually right and wrong? Who can decide that in a way that everyone can agree on it?

what i said was... "what is actually right or wrong in any given situation."

so, i am sure it depends on the situation.

to answer your question - i don't know... but i don't claim to know for everyone.

i guess the best way to decide is to let consequences follow actions. i think the "golden rule" is the best way i can describe my idea of right and wrong. but i don't really expect everyone to live the same way... which is why (imo) i think having a a/b vote solves nothing.

Last edited by timislegend : April 27th, 2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
sprack
Thread Killer

I though they determine what is current interpretation of legal/illegal. That's vastly different from right/wrong.

Quote:
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
colonel kurtz

Quote:
the supreme court doesn't exist to rule on morality - they exist to rule on the validity of laws within the context of the constitution
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
TesticleMilkshake
pewpewlazrz

Quote:
My theory on this is that pot is a major threat to the medical industry and that's why this is happening. I think Obama learned this when he took office and that is why he took a 180 on the whole thing.
It also has to do with where it's coming from and who exactly is making profits from its production; everything is political; the Middle East, Central Asia, and the temperate parts of Africa are some of the world's largest producers of cannabis. These are regions that the US is not exactly on good terms with, grant it, the US government does not want to its citizens supporting their economy or giving them any "leg up" over us. The legal status of certain drugs has little to do with their supposed safety, it has more to do with politics and money.

Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment. - Lao Tzu

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

twitter
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Damian B
»\(░_o)/»

Quote:
Originally Posted by 006 View Post
I really dislike the fact that Federal overrides State. In matters like medical marijuana especially. If the state is ok with it, that should be good enough.
It's called the supremacy clause of the constitution, and it's necessary for the function of a union of states. Unfortunately, that means that if the federal government makes a dumbass decision it applied to everyone, but honestly that's better than the alternative, which is various states enacting competing, incompatible laws that lead to conflict. Examples: slavery, civil rights, etc.