Andy Sneap & Backstage Productions  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Forums > Andy Sneap > Bar
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bar Everything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 25th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
TesticleMilkshake
pewpewlazrz

Shifts in Gender Studies

I really enjoyed this video, and am happy to see that is this ideology catching on within the feminist movement, thoughts?

Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment. - Lao Tzu

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

twitter

Last edited by TesticleMilkshake : May 25th, 2012 at 10:33 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 25th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
JonWormwood

Jesus close the cabinets and drawers when your done. Or is that part of her empowerment?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 25th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
kaomao

biggest problem is that people are still talking (or I should say fighting) about "who's the best": men or women.
We're the same, a man or a woman should need the same respect, unfortunately this is a chauvinist society and what a man says is the best thing for all.
I don't know if after all these years is due to women not opposing really that much to men's thoughts, but a bit of the fault is on their shoulders as well.
For example you can clearly see this on everyday life: I have seen so much homophobic girls, more than boys, so they support the chauvinist in a way.
Feminists are even worse than those chauvinists out there, are really worse, are like a plague.
I'm agree with what has been said in the video, but we really should stop talking who's the best and just be friends
Old May 26th, 2012, 02:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
JeffTD
Senhor Testiculo

Feminism is a VERY simple concept - it's an effort towards/the promoting of equality between genders at social/political/economic/etc levels. The feminist movement itself is so splintered and factionalized that it can't even be called a movement anymore. Anyone who isn't a feminist is a total and complete asshole, but anyone who claims fervently to be part of the feminist movement is probably an insane douchebag.
Old May 26th, 2012, 02:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
StefTD

I know a few girls who claim to be feminists but in the end, they just want to talk shit about men in general...
I actually like the concept of emancipation, I wouldn't be allowed to think differently after living together with
my gf for 4 years now
In the end, we're just humans and it's a bit similar to left and right wing, the extreme wings are almost same
but tell that the other side is pure evil and if you're in the middle and tell them you're bad, too...

@Jeff, I really enjoy your posts about social/political or economic topics!
Old May 26th, 2012, 02:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
ratsapprentice
God can gtfo

Someone's a bit smug.

Consider yourself, that you are mortal, that you are earth, and into the earth you shall go.
Old May 26th, 2012, 04:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
RedDog
Humanoid typhoon

Glass ceiling.

GEAR:
5150, Randall RH100
Mesa oversize (v30)
TS9, BBE Free Fuzz, Dunlop CFH Dime Wah.
DA: Scarlett 18i20, Octopre.
Mics: Rode NT5, SM57, i5, D2, D4, D6, e609, e602, AKG P120/220.
Monitoring: Yamaha hs80m, Mackie MR5
Old May 26th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mutant
I hate that supercow !

The version of "equality" feminists want has nothing to do with true equality which would be HELL for women.

Can you imagine 51% (% of total population) coal miners, soldiers, builders, all hard physical and dangerous labor types workers female ? L O L !

Or when a ship is sinking the captain shouting not "women and children first to the life boat !", but "children first, then whoever comes faster to the lifeboat, the rest will drown with the ship !" L O L !
Old May 26th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
TesticleMilkshake
pewpewlazrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefTD View Post
I know a few girls who claim to be feminists but in the end, they just want to talk shit about men in general...
I actually like the concept of emancipation, I wouldn't be allowed to think differently after living together with
my gf for 4 years now
In the end, we're just humans and it's a bit similar to left and right wing, the extreme wings are almost same
but tell that the other side is pure evil and if you're in the middle and tell them you're bad, too...

@Jeff, I really enjoy your posts about social/political or economic topics!
I agree, also, I really enjoy both Stef and Jeff's posts!

Also, another added point, the sexes process certain situations and circumstances on completely different psychological and physiological levels (the whole "women are from Venus, men are from Mars" concept) I think this is where a lot of misunderstandings, misconceptions emerge.

In addition:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Myth_of_Male_Power

Also, book about sperm written by an old professor:
http://www.nerve.com/screeningroom/b..._lisajeanmoore

twitter

Last edited by TesticleMilkshake : May 26th, 2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old May 26th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
FIXXXER
\(_o)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant View Post
The version of "equality" feminists want has nothing to do with true equality which would be HELL for women.

Can you imagine 51% (% of total population) coal miners, soldiers, builders, all hard physical and dangerous labor types workers female ? L O L !

Or when a ship is sinking the captain shouting not "women and children first to the life boat !", but "children first, then whoever comes faster to the lifeboat, the rest will drown with the ship !" L O L !
Old May 26th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
StefTD

that is due to the ending of our nicknames, the girls love TD...

imho, the most successful women don't talk alot about emancipation or feminism and just are successfull
because of the stuff they do and due to being self-confident, and yes I know that it's probably harder
for women, at least in the most countries.
Thailand for example is different when it comes to this, one of my professors at university lived in Thailand
for over 10 years and his wife is Thai, he told us that it's actually a matriarchy there and he worked for
pretty large companies in market research department, 8 of the 10 leading persons in the companies were
always women.

+1 to everything Mutant said.
Old May 26th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
TesticleMilkshake
pewpewlazrz

I agree, Stef, I find that women who are entrenched in the extremist end of feminism tend to be very insecure with themselves, their identity as a woman. I'm definitely an extremely flexible and progressive person when it comes to breaking out of the gender normative structure, do what works for you/makes you happy as long as you aren't hurting yourself or other people in the process.

I'm not surprised about Thailand either, many Southeast Asian countries (or on a larger scale, tropical climates) tend to be matriarchal. The Hmong and the Himba tribe in Africa are like this as well. Interestingly enough too, they tend to be a lot more sexually liberated.

Also really cool Asian tribe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosuo

And they practice "walking marriages": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosuo#Walking_marriages

twitter