Be'lakor  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Be'lakor
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 17th, 2011, 04:59 AM   #301 (permalink)
Darkspyre

Hey guys. I just found out about Be'lakor recently and ordered Stone's Reach through their website after listening to some tunes online. Got the CD a few days ago and have been listening to it non-stop. I'm pretty picky these days about metal and I've been hard pressed to find many new bands I really like over the last few years but I think I've just found one. Really digging the melodic guitar riffs and the gutteral vocals.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 18th, 2011, 09:27 AM   #302 (permalink)
fifthwinter

Great to hear! Welcome to the forum. \m/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 1st, 2011, 01:49 AM   #303 (permalink)
Mosby

I'm Theo from Aus.
Heard Be'lakor a few months ago, fucking omg. Stone's Reach is one of my all time favourites now!
Old May 2nd, 2011, 04:01 AM   #304 (permalink)
fifthwinter

Cool, welcome Theo. How did you come across us?
Old May 2nd, 2011, 05:53 AM   #305 (permalink)
Mosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthwinter View Post
Cool, welcome Theo. How did you come across us?
I was checking out bands from Aus, and stumbled on you guys! Best band I've heard in a long time!
Old September 27th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #306 (permalink)
VoiceOfTheSoul

I'm Pierre, checking in from New Brunswick Canada! I found out about you guys on Youtube and I've gotta say that ever since I heard Held In Hollows's interlude, I completely loved this band. My first language is french and I like most metal, as long as it's melodic and/or agressive!
Old September 29th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #307 (permalink)
fifthwinter

Welcome Pierre. Interesting to hear that it's that section of music that caught your attention, being buried in the middle of the song like that.
Glad you're a fan. \m/
Old September 30th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #308 (permalink)
VoiceOfTheSoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthwinter View Post
Welcome Pierre. Interesting to hear that it's that section of music that caught your attention, being buried in the middle of the song like that.
Glad you're a fan. m/
Actually, I heard it on a video parody, and it was that part of the song that was in it.

Immediately, I wondered why you guys weren't more popular
Old May 25th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #309 (permalink)
onedback
am ı me now ı see who u s

Hi, ı stick to the band be'lakor after ı heard the fantastic song neither shape nor shadow,and ı felt a strong connection to your music,have stones reach at my vault as number one guest and eagerly waiting the 3rd to arrive
the way you use lyrics and growls with ongoing sound ı like the most
Old May 30th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #310 (permalink)
enfanterrible

oh, didn't see there was introduction thread!
I'm Philippe from Luxemburg ( now where might that be ? ). I don't remember exactly when I started listening to Be'lakor, but I remember being hooked with the first few minutes.
Your songs are, for lack of a better word, divine
It regroups all of the elements I love in metal and combines them perfectly. The incredible songstructures sublimed by the unforgettable and touching melodies ... are just fantastic.
Even amidst the quick drums and fast solos your music never sounds over the top.
one more characteristic is that the whole thing gives a feeling of humility, it's the first time I've had this kind of impression while listening to metal.

Well, I don't want to scare anyone so I'm gonna stop here with the flatteries.
I wish you a lot of inspiration for your future albums! And may "Of Breath and Bone" rape the charts worldwide
Old June 1st, 2012, 09:14 AM   #311 (permalink)
Furious George
Jeremy's Iron

Welcome Philippe! Thanks for the kind words man.
Old July 24th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #312 (permalink)
PeteSav

Big Be'lakor fan right here!
Cool community you guys have on these forums, will have a look around...
Keep leading the way with that awesome Be'lakor sound!
Old October 3rd, 2012, 04:15 PM   #313 (permalink)
JesterScript

Hey, I am Brian from Perth, just wanna say that this band is absolutely without a shadow of doubt one of my favorite melodic death bands albeit most bands I listen to happen to be either Swedish or Finnish :P. Love everything this band has released since the first album till now and hope for more greatness to come in the future . Keep it up!

Old October 5th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #314 (permalink)
pidi1981

hey guys, big big fan from germany here - saw the guys opening up summerbreeze on thursday.. awesome musik! keep up the good work \m/
Old April 7th, 2014, 03:09 PM   #315 (permalink)
RedCriss
Pyrawarrior

Hello everyone!

Hello, let's see if anyone will read this, unfortunately there's not much going on here on this forum...

I'm Criss (Christian) from Austria (yes, without the "li" before the last a) and I just got to know Be'lakor two months ago... Well, if you don't mind let's start the a bit earlier...

I never was a big fan of Death or Black Metal, mostly due to the vocals and sometimes due to lack of melodies. There were just a few albums which I really enjoyed listening to despite the vocals. Dimmu Borgir (Enthrone Darknes Triumphant), Immortal (At The Heart Of Winter and Damned in Black), Tristania (Beyond The Veil), Amon Amarth (Twilight of The Thunder God); I guess that's about it. Then I stumbled across Opeth a few years ago and it was actually the first band that used growling that I did not dislike, also because the much used clean vocals.

Lately I noticed I needed some music that takes me literally to another world, that lets my mind drift away... Well, I do not own/know much music that has that effect on me. So I searched around on youtube and incidentally found Shade Empire's Omega Arcane on January 1st. I was blown away and only listened to that album throughout the whole of January. Then I read on the Pyramaze-FB-page that one was listening to Of Breath And Bone and gave it 12 out of 10 points. So I thought ok, let's check it out, and I searched for this album on youtube. After the first minutes of Abeyance there it was, the feeling that does not come up too often when I listen to music: goosebumps, my mind completely sunken into the beautiful music and knowing of having found something I long searched for...

And Be'lakor is the first band where I really like (yes, LIKE) the growling; never thought that this would actually happen. Needless to say which album was spinning throughout the whole of February. As I was some kind of disappointed of Shade Empire's earlier work it took me a while until I checked out your earlier work. Well, I'm here now so I guess you know what that means...

To cut it short: I even enjoy Stone's Reach more than Of Breath And Bone, though Abeyance might still be my favorite song. Your latest release is probably more accessible and "catchy" but I think Stone's Reach has more of the beautiful melodies and surprising moments.

Alright, to finally come to an end, the only thing that I hope will not be over-used on your next album is the so called Be'lakor riff that is present in almost every song on Of Breath And Bone and also often used on Stone's Reach. Which riff do I mean? Hm, check out Abeyance 1:44 and 3:12; Remnants 3:55 and 4:30; Fraught 2:17 and 4:26... should I go on? Don't get me wrong, I love that riffs though they sound so damn similar, but it's a bit of an overdose on Of Breath And Bone.

If you still read this line: Thanks for your attention and be sure I'll try to make my other posts a bit shorter.

www.urbanbreed.com
www.urbanbreed.jimdo.com
Old April 30th, 2014, 07:25 AM   #316 (permalink)
fifthwinter

Welcome Christian!

Hey Christian.

Cheers for joining our forum (somewhat inactive of late, as you pointed out - facebook seems to have replaced it for many people and probably for us a little bit too).

Very interesting thoughts there - I agree with much of it. I think, for me, Stone's Reach is also the one I enjoy the most, for the reasons that you have outlined. I think you'll enjoy our next album, because so far it is feeling like it has a little more of that variety that you described.

Cheers for your support mate!
Old May 5th, 2014, 02:56 PM   #317 (permalink)
RedCriss
Pyrawarrior

You make me even more excited about the new album.

I hope it will also be released as a physical disc again. I love your artworks in both of your latest albums and like to have the booklet in hand when listening to your music and read along the lyrics. Guess I will order The Frail Tide from your website next.

I also read your posts on facebook, but somehow I prefer a forum like that one here...

Another thought that crossed my mind: Did you ever think about incorporating the sound of a didgeridoo in one of your songs? In an instrumental like Husks or a longer instrumental part I guess its dark sound would really fit in nicely.

www.urbanbreed.com
www.urbanbreed.jimdo.com
Old May 17th, 2014, 07:38 AM   #318 (permalink)
Uneasy_Conscience

It doesn't matter who I am. All that matters is if there is any news about the band planning to enter the studio soon...? It feels about time for some new material.
Old May 19th, 2014, 07:35 AM   #319 (permalink)
Furious George
Jeremy's Iron

Current timeline will see us hitting the studio in early 2015 for a release in Q2 of that year.
Old May 31st, 2014, 07:53 AM   #320 (permalink)
Uneasy_Conscience

cool. has the writing process begun?